Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logaryhtmic volume only works when "pre" is set as master volume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Logaryhtmic volume only works when "pre" is set as master volume

    I've been playing around with volume control and pre/main master volume settings.

    It seems like the logarythmic (sp?) volume setting only works when your pre-out is set as the master volume. Is this correct?

    If I have logarythmic volume turned ON and my pre-out set as my master volume control I can see that when I use the volume buttons in CF each subsequent volume up click raises the volume slider double what it did before.

    If I have logarythmic volume turned ON and DONT have my pre-out set as my master volume control I see that the volume buttons raise the volume in equal increments.

    So I THINK what I'm trying to say is logarythmic volume only works when you have the "USE PRE AS MASTER VOLUME" buttons set to "YES"

    Also... the EDIT: Logarythmic volume setting should probably be in the audio settings section with all the other audio related buttons.

  • #2
    Originally posted by danwheeler View Post
    I've been playing around with volume control and pre/main master volume settings.

    It seems like the logarythmic (sp?) volume setting only works when your pre-out is set as the master volume. Is this correct?

    If I have logarythmic volume turned ON and my pre-out set as my master volume control I can see that when I use the volume buttons in CF each subsequent volume up click raises the volume slider double what it did before.

    If I have logarythmic volume turned ON and DONT have my pre-out set as my master volume control I see that the volume buttons raise the volume in equal increments.

    So I THINK what I'm trying to say is logarythmic volume only works when you have the "USE PRE AS MASTER VOLUME" buttons set to "YES"

    Also... the "USE PRE AS MASTER VOLUME" should probably be in the audio settings section with all the other audio related buttons.
    I am not having this issue with log volume, I use it on my laptop without pre as master and it changes more in the low end, and faster in the upper end...

    it all depends on your sound card driver as well, but you should notice a difference between the two...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

    Comment


    • #3
      it's hard to tell if it's working. I do know that visually the slider doesn't represent logarythmic changes in the mixer but I really can't tell the difference between log volume and normal.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by danwheeler View Post
        it's hard to tell if it's working. I do know that visually the slider doesn't represent logarythmic changes in the mixer but I really can't tell the difference between log volume and normal.
        might be just that system and it's sound driver, it does work different based on how the driver works with the windows mixer...

        try another machine and see if you can tell the difference...

        david
        __________________
        CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
        01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
        M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

        Comment


        • #5
          what's actually the difference between logaritmic volume and normal volume setting?

          Greetz

          Dj NRG

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dj-[NRG] View Post
            what's actually the difference between logaritmic volume and normal volume setting?

            Greetz

            Dj NRG
            well... one is linear and one is logaritmic... google it and there are a ton of explanations...

            the problem is a lot of newer sound drivers have implemented logaritmic volume with the linear windows mixer, which is why I made it an option to only cut on if you need it...

            basically if you are using Centrafuse and notice that all your volume change is in the lower or upper end only, like you generally only see a couple of bars or all of them, then you should cut on logaritmic volume and it will give you better volume control...

            if it works fine, then don't mess with it, your sound driver is already handling it just fine...

            david
            __________________
            CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
            01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
            M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

            Comment


            • #7
              aah...

              will check tomorrow if it's turned on...
              if not i will surely turn it on; i have that problem...

              Greetz

              Dj NRG

              Comment

              Working...
              X