Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Centrafuse 1.1 Bugs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Centrafuse 1.1 Bugs

    Post all bugs found in Centrafuse 1.1 here.

    Read the release notes for all the changes and additions in Centrafuse 1.1

    Release Notes
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97904

    First check to make your bug is not already known.

    Centrafuse Known Issues
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80817


    Request features and additions in the main forum, not this thread.
    Make sure that we are not already planning on adding your requested feature or addition.

    Centrafuse Future Features
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=93738

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  • #2
    My Ears!!!

    Sorry to be the first to post

    Installed v1.1 this morning and found a volume bug... Went back to RC5 to check and it's present there too (though I hadn't come across it for some reason)

    Settings are default except for:
    [General]
    Logarithmic Volume: ON

    [Audio/Video]
    Use Pre as Master: ON

    If I set the FRONT volume to less than maximum, say 80% (I do it to adjust fade....). Then turn up the volume using the up/down buttons until the volume is MAX. If you then hit the volume up button again, the FRONT volume jumps up to 100%...

    If you turn off logarithmic volume it doesn't happen...

    Comment


    • #3
      Nitpicking here, and definitely not a 'bug', but I tried changing the icon for the new 'MINIMIZE' action, by putting a file called 'minimize.png' in the icons folder.

      This had no effect over the MINIMIZE action icon on the main CF page.
      2002 Honda CR-V
      Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
      Spent so far: $1105.90


      Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
      ...or even Listen to my music

      Comment


      • #4
        Im using ffdshow and there is video stutter on fullscreen playback.
        Also pressing the volume buttons occasionally stutter mp3 playback.
        Using the minimize icon even without the hide taskbar option on causes my desktop not to appear (only the wall paper appears),I tried with a keyboard and ctrl-alt-del it and switch back to cf but i get a .net error and cf only partially appears.

        Comment


        • #5
          I see elipsis appearing in the title, but I see no elipsis whatsoever in the actual song list. Why o why?

          I am notigincg (in my home computer) that if I make the album art etc fullscreen, as soon as I switch back to regular mode (non fullscreen), the CF application is no longer frontmost.

          If you have a Window open in your desktop, for example, that will become frontmost, and CF is sent background. Or if I have another app open (like MSIE, it will bring that one forward.
          2002 Honda CR-V
          Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
          Spent so far: $1105.90


          Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
          ...or even Listen to my music

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Smartstradamus View Post
            Im using ffdshow and there is video stutter on fullscreen playback.
            Also pressing the volume buttons occasionally stutter mp3 playback.
            Using the minimize icon even without the hide taskbar option on causes my desktop not to appear (only the wall paper appears),I tried with a keyboard and ctrl-alt-del it and switch back to cf but i get a .net error and cf only partially appears.
            I cannot reproduce this... Does it create an error.log?

            david
            __________________
            CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
            01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
            M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

            Comment


            • #7
              volume dialog box issue

              I've had this problem since the first RC. First of all, I'm using a firefly remote, which is sending the u key to turn up the volume, and d key to turn down the volume, which is configured in the hotkey setup.

              About 1 out of 10 times when turning up or down the volume, the volume dialog box will not close. Then about 15 seconds another dialog box shows up behind the volume dialog box, with the title "setup error".

              At this point, Centrafuse becomes unresponsive. I have to open task manager, and close it.

              Also, when using a keyboard/firefly remote to select songs via up/down keys, if you change the volume, the song selection no longer responds. You then have to click on the list with the mouse/touchscreen to regain focus, which defeats the purpose of using the keyboard/firefly remote in the first place.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jarred View Post
                I've had this problem since the first RC. First of all, I'm using a firefly remote, which is sending the u key to turn up the volume, and d key to turn down the volume, which is configured in the hotkey setup.

                About 1 out of 10 times when turning up or down the volume, the volume dialog box will not close. Then about 15 seconds another dialog box shows up behind the volume dialog box, with the title "setup error".

                At this point, Centrafuse becomes unresponsive. I have to open task manager, and close it.

                Also, when using a keyboard/firefly remote to select songs via up/down keys, if you change the volume, the song selection no longer responds. You then have to click on the list with the mouse/touchscreen to regain focus, which defeats the purpose of using the keyboard/firefly remote in the first place.
                Does it create an error.log file? This must be the thread not getting closed when you issue the command from the hotkey, therefore running non-stop and causing the error...

                I cannot reproduce, I just sent the hotkey from the keyboard over and over and it will not popup... I also use a powermate to send the hotkeys in my personal car and have used it for 3 months and never seen this...

                does it create an error.log file? If so please post it...

                david
                __________________
                CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                Comment


                • #9
                  • Good Stuff
                    • Large MP3 file playback start is nice and fast. Thank you.

                  • Bad Stuff
                    • XM won't connect to the XMDirect box. CF reports "Unable to open COM1" (error log below) but the error is bogus. Using a serial port monitor, CF _does_ open the port, it just never talks to it. RC5 installed on the same system works fine. AIMEE works fine. Hyperterm works fine.

                      Error Log:
                      Code:
                      3/4/2007 4:49:24 PM
                      Unable to open COM1
                         at centrafuse.SerialStream.Open(String port)
                         at centrafuse.satradio.satPowerUp(Int32 channel)
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      3/4/2007 4:49:25 PM
                      Unable to open COM1
                         at centrafuse.SerialStream.Open(String port)
                         at centrafuse.satradio.satPowerUp(Int32 channel)
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      (etc for a total of 8 attempts)
                    • I connected my H10 (MP3 music player) via USB and started CF. As CF loaded, it browsed the device, imported tracks, and then started playing them. That's a fun feature for those who want it, but (as we've talked about before) it doesn't make sense to me. I don't want CF browsing every USB device that I happen to plug in.

                      Can you PLEASE make an option to stop CF from looking at what I have plugged in?
                  :: Mark

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That is strange about the XM error, I didn't even open the XM files for this release, literally.... Sure no other programs have the port locked?

                    You can easily make it not open your USB ports by disabling Auto Play in Settings...

                    david

                    Originally posted by midiwall View Post
                    • Good Stuff
                      • Large MP3 file playback start is nice and fast. Thank you.

                    • Bad Stuff
                      • XM won't connect to the XMDirect box. CF reports "Unable to open COM1" (error log below) but the error is bogus. Using a serial port monitor, CF _does_ open the port, it just never talks to it. RC5 installed on the same system works fine. AIMEE works fine. Hyperterm works fine.

                        Error Log:
                        Code:
                        3/4/2007 4:49:24 PM
                        Unable to open COM1
                           at centrafuse.SerialStream.Open(String port)
                           at centrafuse.satradio.satPowerUp(Int32 channel)
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        3/4/2007 4:49:25 PM
                        Unable to open COM1
                           at centrafuse.SerialStream.Open(String port)
                           at centrafuse.satradio.satPowerUp(Int32 channel)
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        (etc for a total of 8 attempts)
                      • I connected my H10 (MP3 music player) via USB and started CF. As CF loaded, it browsed the device, imported tracks, and then started playing them. That's a fun feature for those who want it, but (as we've talked about before) it doesn't make sense to me. I don't want CF browsing every USB device that I happen to plug in.

                        Can you PLEASE make an option to stop CF from looking at what I have plugged in?
                    __________________
                    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Smartstradamus View Post
                      Im using ffdshow and there is video stutter on fullscreen playback.
                      Also pressing the volume buttons occasionally stutter mp3 playback.
                      Using the minimize icon even without the hide taskbar option on causes my desktop not to appear (only the wall paper appears),I tried with a keyboard and ctrl-alt-del it and switch back to cf but i get a .net error and cf only partially appears.
                      Originally posted by veetid View Post
                      I cannot reproduce this... Does it create an error.log?

                      david
                      I will post error log 2morrow.
                      Also just realised fullscreen video playback is crashing cf for me.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Dialup Error

                        When I click on the button to dial the internet, centrafuse dials all the way through, but then lags for about a minute or so. Eventually, a dialog box comes up as follows:

                        Failed to load resources from resource file
                        Please check your setup

                        This was happening the other day, so I completely reinstalled windows and everything on my system. I'm now shocked the the problem persists.

                        Any ideas?

                        I also had this error with RC5, but dialup works fine straight from windows.

                        Is it possible that it has something to do with the nexus skin?

                        Scott

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by veetid View Post
                          Does it create an error.log file? This must be the thread not getting closed when you issue the command from the hotkey, therefore running non-stop and causing the error...

                          I cannot reproduce, I just sent the hotkey from the keyboard over and over and it will not popup... I also use a powermate to send the hotkeys in my personal car and have used it for 3 months and never seen this...

                          does it create an error.log file? If so please post it...

                          david
                          Here's the error log.
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by veetid View Post
                            That is strange about the XM error, I didn't even open the XM files for this release, literally.... Sure no other programs have the port locked?
                            Yeup, I'm sure - the only possibility would be that some other CF 1.1 module had the port, but I went though them and there's nothing in what CF shows or any of the XML files.

                            Remember, a) CF _does_ open the port (confirmed by the monitor), it doesn't talk to it. b) If I exit CF and load Hyperterm, I can open the port and see the XM idle message. c) If I exit CF 1.1 and load AIMEE or CF RC5, XM works fine. It's really looking like it's CF 1.1.

                            Maybe it's related to the work you did on the COM port handler? (there's a reference in the release notes to support for > COM9)


                            You can easily make it not open your USB ports by disabling Auto Play in Settings...
                            I don't think this is an auto play issue, the H10 was plugged in long before CF was launched.

                            H10 plugged in, 20+ minutes passed, launched CF, CF browsed the device... etc.
                            :: Mark

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Volume dialog box issue

                              Originally posted by spdyscotty View Post
                              When I click on the button to dial the internet, centrafuse dials all the way through, but then lags for about a minute or so. Eventually, a dialog box comes up as follows:

                              Failed to load resources from resource file
                              Please check your setup

                              Scott
                              I know this is probably not related to the problem Scott is having, but that is the same error message dialog box I get with the Volume dialog box issue I posted earlier today.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X