Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing songs didn't import them correctly

Hi,
    This happened in 1.0, I didn't install 1.1 so I don't know if it is still there.

When I imported a couple of albums from a DOK, centrafuse copied them to where I asked it to copy them, however - when I looked at the artists list - some songs (from both albums) came out as "unknown artist".

Having learned my lesson from the previous id3 *uckup I did - I checked these songs with windows: Explorer showd them with full details and media player played them with no problem (and showd all id3 tags information including image and lyrics).

I then decided to rebuild the playlist and viola - no more unknown artist and both albums contained everything they were supposed to contain.

I guess the problem was somehow related to the import itself, maybe it's worth to check it out (unless it is/was a known issue and I am wasting your time, again )

I will try to reproduce in 1.1...

When copying files with the the Importer it uses the folder monitors to read the tag information...

It should have picked it up the same as rebulding it, calls the same code...

Anyone else have this issue?

Can you easily reproduce it?

david

Comment

Hi,

It happened again using the latest version, this time I didn't have "unknown artist" - Just missing files on the newly added artists,
      I rebuilt the library and everything was there,

Hint: I accidentally copied a video file along the way (instead of importing it to the videos directory), maybe that's the problem?

Gil.

Comment

I will verify... how many songs did you import?

It is using a file monitor to see what files are added and then inserting them into the database... it might be firing too fast and missing some files, possibly...

david

Comment

3 albums or so (~30 songs).

Comment

Working...
          X