Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Centrafuse 1.11 Bugs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Centrafuse 1.11 Bugs

    Post all bugs found in Centrafuse 1.11 here.

    Read the release notes for all the changes and additions in Centrafuse 1.11

    Release Notes
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=99067

    First check to make your bug is not already known.

    Centrafuse Known Issues
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80817


    Request features and additions in the main forum, not this thread.
    Make sure that we are not already planning on adding your requested feature or addition.

    Centrafuse Future Features
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=93738

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  • #2
    David,

    I have a minimize.png file in my Skins\Nexus WS Amber\icons\ folder, and it still does not show with v 1.11
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by justintime View Post
      David,

      I have a minimize.png file in my Skins\Nexus WS Amber\icons\ folder, and it still does not show with v 1.11
      strange, I added it to my bugs and I will look into it...

      david
      __________________
      CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
      01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
      M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

      Comment


      • #4
        Stuff from 1.11, some of this is probably old and I just didn't notice it.
        1. Updater needs a progress bar. Knowing the size of the download is nice, but having an progress bar lets me know how soon before I can pull out of my driveway.

        2. If you turn off the buffer for XM, the audio level jumps up quite a bit. I understand this is 'cause of the "LINE IN" level setting in the mixer, but what I find curious is that there's obviously a substantial gain LOSS when using the buffer.

        3. The top entry in the XM channel list is redundant. I figure it's basically a "now playing", but you already have that with the highlight bar on the station. I vote to remove it, thus freeing up space to show 6 channels in the list versus 5.

        4. Buffer must be ON for EQ to work. This makes sense, but you may want to enforce this in code. i.e., if the user sets EQ = ON, then run through the modules and make sure that all of the audio inputs are being buffered (e.g., XM).

        5. Turning EQ ON or OFF requires a reload of CF before it takes effect. If this is "how it needs to be" then you may want to pop up a dialog to let the user know.

        6. EQ slider positions are not being saved across a reload of CF.
        On the good side...
        THE UPDATER WORKS!!!!! WOOHOO!
        :: Mark

        Comment


        • #5
          I will look into a progress bar, but bugs are more of a priority right now... most updates should come down pretty fast even on a phone download speed... I don't plan to send entire skins or plugins out through the downloader...

          This is all about your levels and just how it works for now... The playback of the buffer should be at the same audio level as the playback of all your audio files, or close to it... This is where you should set your level for the input... With buffering off it's windows pass through and not using Centrafuse at all for anything...

          You can still have the EQ on and use it for all your media, but have radio or XM not use the buffer and this how you want it to be... So I won't force the use of the buffer just to have EQ on...

          I will make it not require a reload, it should be this way...

          The EQ positions should be saved, is it creating an error.log file? Did they every save for you or did you just notice?

          david
          __________________
          CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
          01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
          M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by veetid View Post
            I will look into a progress bar, but bugs are more of a priority right now...
            Yeup, I know, that was more of a suggestion.


            This is all about your levels and just how it works for now... The playback of the buffer should be at the same audio level as the playback of all your audio files, or close to it... This is where you should set your level for the input... With buffering off it's windows pass through and not using Centrafuse at all for anything...
            Hmm... okay. I'll level set along side of some MP3s.


            You can still have the EQ on and use it for all your media, but have radio or XM not use the buffer and this how you want it to be... So I won't force the use of the buffer just to have EQ on...
            Ahh, that makes sense. Is this mentioned in the manual? (I haven't looked). The point being that this could be a point of confusion for people that turn on EQ but can't affect a change in the audio.


            The EQ positions should be saved, is it creating an error.log file? Did they every save for you or did you just notice?
            I'm 97% sure that it's always been like this. I remember playing with EQ before and seeing the issue. I haven't had EQ enabled for a while, I only turned it on now to see about audio quality issues.

            Lemme walk out to the truck and look for an error log...

            ...got one. Nothing about the EQ, just reams (2800 lines since the 4th) of:
            Code:
            Font 'Century Gothic' doesn't support style 'Regular'.
               at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
               at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet)
               at centrafuse.Plugins.CFPlugin.setlabelskin(String whichlbl, MouseEventHandler clickEvent, MouseEventHandler downEvent)
            :: Mark

            Comment


            • #7
              Volume dialog box issue

              Once again the volume dialog box is not closing. The good news is the setup error no longer comes up, where you are forced to close Centrafuse. Basically the Volume dialog box does not close, but otherwise the program works normally.

              The bad news of course, is now it is not generating an error log.

              One observation is that I did not start having this problem until I connected to the Internet.

              My father was borrowing my EVDO router earlier today, so I had been running Centrafuse all day without an Internet connection. Once I hooked the router up later this evening is when I started having the volume dialog box issue.

              So, I'm assuming something could be happening when it is pulling down the weather, or the Internet detection.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by midiwall View Post
                ...got one. Nothing about the EQ, just reams (2800 lines since the 4th) of:
                Code:
                Font 'Century Gothic' doesn't support style 'Regular'.
                   at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
                   at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet)
                   at centrafuse.Plugins.CFPlugin.setlabelskin(String whichlbl, MouseEventHandler clickEvent, MouseEventHandler downEvent)
                Did you modify the skin? This would only happen if the font did not get installed right or you modified the skin.xml file, or you are using another skin that try's to call on a font that doesn't support bold...

                I will look into explaining the EQ, you are probably right...

                david

                Originally posted by jarred View Post
                Once again the volume dialog box is not closing. The good news is the setup error no longer comes up, where you are forced to close Centrafuse. Basically the Volume dialog box does not close, but otherwise the program works normally.

                The bad news of course, is now it is not generating an error log.

                One observation is that I did not start having this problem until I connected to the Internet.

                My father was borrowing my EVDO router earlier today, so I had been running Centrafuse all day without an Internet connection. Once I hooked the router up later this evening is when I started having the volume dialog box issue.

                So, I'm assuming something could be happening when it is pulling down the weather, or the Internet detection.
                strange... This is with the udpate and 1.11 right? I did modify some code how the weather and the internet connection is detected...

                if you simply hit the volume key again after it gets stuck it doesn't close?

                I cannot reproduce this, I am hitting it really fast with and without internet...

                david
                __________________
                CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by veetid View Post
                  Did you modify the skin? This would only happen if the font did not get installed right or you modified the skin.xml file, or you are using another skin that try's to call on a font that doesn't support bold...
                  Nope, I've had this problem for many versions now, first reported back in late November against RC 4.1:

                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=967200


                  In this latest case this is a pure stock install of XP SP 2 onto a virgin system (formatted the HD) with a virgin copy of CF. The font IS there, and I can create a document that uses it. CF looks "fine", it doesn't seem to be suffering from the error outside of it happening 6 times/second at startup.
                  :: Mark

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by midiwall View Post
                    Nope, I've had this problem for many versions now, first reported back in late November against RC 4.1:

                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=967200


                    In this latest case this is a pure stock install of XP SP 2 onto a virgin system (formatted the HD) with a virgin copy of CF. The font IS there, and I can create a document that uses it. CF looks "fine", it doesn't seem to be suffering from the error outside of it happening 6 times/second at startup.
                    open up your skin.xml file from the skin you are using and search for the text

                    Regular

                    It should return no results at all, if it does then you have a different skin.xml somehow than I do...

                    The font doesn't support regular and I have been emailed many error.logs over the versions and never seen that error...

                    only way is if Regular is typed as the font style somewhere in the skin.xml file, which I don't see anywhere...

                    david
                    __________________
                    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by veetid View Post
                      open up your skin.xml file from the skin you are using and search for the text

                      Regular

                      It should return no results at all, if it does then you have a different skin.xml somehow than I do...
                      Nope, it's not there...


                      Code:
                      c:\winapps\centrafuse>dir Skins\*.xml /s
                      
                       Directory of  C:\winapps\Centrafuse\Skins\Onyx WS Day\*.xml
                      
                      11/18/06  21:39         211,146  skin.xml
                              211,146 bytes in 1 file and 0 dirs    212,992 bytes allocated
                      
                       Directory of  C:\winapps\Centrafuse\Skins\Onyx WS Night\*.xml
                      12/04/06  21:40         211,145  skin.xml
                              211,145 bytes in 1 file and 0 dirs    212,992 bytes allocated
                      :: Mark

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by veetid View Post
                        strange... This is with the udpate and 1.11 right? I did modify some code how the weather and the internet connection is detected...

                        if you simply hit the volume key again after it gets stuck it doesn't close?

                        I cannot reproduce this, I am hitting it really fast with and without internet...

                        david
                        Yes,

                        It was with version 1.11. Hitting the volume up or down does not get rid of it. The dialog box does continue you display the volume changes, but does not go away.

                        The setup error did eventually come up and an error log has been created...

                        The bad news is now Centrafuse will no longer come up. It gets stuck on the spash screen at building controls.

                        So I guess I'm stuck with roadrunner for now.

                        Error Log Below:
                        3/14/2007 9:32:03 PM
                        Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        at centrafuse.Music.loadSong(String filename, String songname, Int32 songindex, Boolean iscd)
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        3/14/2007 9:32:03 PM
                        Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        at centrafuse.Music.mp3next(Boolean nextclick)
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jarred View Post
                          Yes,

                          It was with version 1.11. Hitting the volume up or down does not get rid of it. The dialog box does continue you display the volume changes, but does not go away.

                          The setup error did eventually come up and an error log has been created...

                          The bad news is now Centrafuse will no longer come up. It gets stuck on the spash screen at building controls.

                          So I guess I'm stuck with roadrunner for now.

                          Error Log Below:
                          3/14/2007 9:32:03 PM
                          Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                          at centrafuse.Music.loadSong(String filename, String songname, Int32 songindex, Boolean iscd)
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          3/14/2007 9:32:03 PM
                          Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                          at centrafuse.Music.mp3next(Boolean nextclick)
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Try 1.1 and see if your issues go away... I believe most of this is being caused by bad internet detection code and lagging out the loading of the application...

                          not sure about your volume issues, anyone else seeing this??

                          david
                          __________________
                          CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                          01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                          M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by veetid View Post
                            Try 1.1 and see if your issues go away... I believe most of this is being caused by bad internet detection code and lagging out the loading of the application...

                            not sure about your volume issues, anyone else seeing this??

                            david
                            I had the same volume problem with 1.1, as well. I posted the error logs in the 1.1 problem thread.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              New one:
                              • OBD won't catch the MIL lamp, nor read codes.
                                I threw an MIL twice today (this is normal for me right now, I'm tuning) and both times CF never saw the lamp (i.e., the engine icon didn't light up), nor would it read the codes if I clicked on the engine anyway. It WOULD clear the code.

                                In both cases I was able to read the code with another app in Windows, and another OBD device I have.

                                This is an OBDPro USB box.
                              :: Mark

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X