Chinese characters not displaying properly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese characters not displaying properly

Hmmmm...my chinese song titles are not displaying in Centrafuse. Here is a screenshot:

As you can see, this problem is not for all my songs. Some song titles are displayed properly, others are just funny characters. My regional settings are properly setup. Windows, Windows media player, winamp...etc can all display these song titles properly. Only Centrafuse is having problems. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

If you can send one of the files that is not working to [email protected] I will look into it...

I have a couple of other files that have already been sent I plan to look into later this week...

The tag reading should be unicode and it appears so because some of the files are working...

I also have Destinator working to make the navigation Unicode to support Chinese and other Unicode languages... As soon as we place an order for one of these regions we should get a Unicode update to the SDK...

david

Comment

The problem has to do with whether your filename or ID3 tags are encoded in Unicode or Big5. Unicode works perfectly, Big5 does NOT.

I had to go change all my older mp3 filenames and ID3 tags to Unicode in order for CF to display them all correctly.

Hope this helps.
      Lexus IS250 CarPC Project

Plan [++++++++++] 100%
      Buy [++++++++++] 100%
      Config [+++++++++-] 90%
      Install [++++++++++] 100%

Comment

I am REALLY hoping to avoid that, since I have about 40 gigs worth of music. Is there some sort of program that can do it in a batch?

Comment

I just discovered the same thing... I do not support Big5 right now, only Unicode...

I am looking into how hard it would be to add...

david

Comment

Thanks for your help, David. Ill be looking forward to it. In the meantime...I guess Ill just put up with it.

Comment

Working...
            X