Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going from Radio to Music mutes the Wave output

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Going from Radio to Music mutes the Wave output

    1.) Configure the Radio Settings to use my soundcard (Audio Advantage USB). (Even though I currently get no Radio audio whether I have it set to use my USB soundcard or the G4's internal Realtek.)
    2.) Go to Radio.
    3.) Go to Playlists to resume Music playback.

    Bug: As soon as I go to the Playlists screen, the Wave output on my Audio Advantage sound card is muted.

    This is particularly bad because it's not fixable from within CF; the user has to open the full Windows mixer controls.

  • #2
    My Radio/Music switching is working perfectly. I have noticed two small issues though.
    1) If you change from music to radio while playing in random mode, 'random' is still shown in the title bar even though the radio is now playing.
    2) Mute doesn't appear to work when playing radio - this may be a setting I have not enabled?

    I also have a suggestion:
    1) Display a button or image that covers the entire screen once the monitor has been turned off by pressing and holding the dim button for 2 seconds. Currently, when the monitor is off and you touch the screen to turn it back on, you are bound to hit a button. By adding an image or button that is the size of the entire scren, (which you won't be able to see anyway becuase the monitor is off) it will allow the user to tap the screen to turn it back on without accidentally hitting button.
    I installed my carpc into my pet Kangaroo, mate.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah, I see the "Random" display bug in the Radio also.

      Comment


      • #4
        we will look into these issues...

        david
        __________________
        CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
        01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
        M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by johnk View Post
          1.) Configure the Radio Settings to use my soundcard (Audio Advantage USB). (Even though I currently get no Radio audio whether I have it set to use my USB soundcard or the G4's internal Realtek.)
          2.) Go to Radio.
          3.) Go to Playlists to resume Music playback.

          Bug: As soon as I go to the Playlists screen, the Wave output on my Audio Advantage sound card is muted.

          This is particularly bad because it's not fixable from within CF; the user has to open the full Windows mixer controls.
          Do you have your wav device selected in radio settings "playback device"? Make sure you do not... This needs to be set, along wth "record device", to the line input that your radio device is plugged into, not the WAV device. Also make sure that no cf external applications that you might have loaded do not have the playback device set to the WAV line.
          http://www.fluxmedia.net/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NiSlo View Post
            My Radio/Music switching is working perfectly. I have noticed two small issues though.
            1) If you change from music to radio while playing in random mode, 'random' is still shown in the title bar even though the radio is now playing.
            2) Mute doesn't appear to work when playing radio - this may be a setting I have not enabled?

            I also have a suggestion:
            1) Display a button or image that covers the entire screen once the monitor has been turned off by pressing and holding the dim button for 2 seconds. Currently, when the monitor is off and you touch the screen to turn it back on, you are bound to hit a button. By adding an image or button that is the size of the entire scren, (which you won't be able to see anyway becuase the monitor is off) it will allow the user to tap the screen to turn it back on without accidentally hitting button.
            all known issues and all fixed in rc4... Good call on the monitor off issue, I hadnt read your post and that is almost exactly how i did it, not quite so easy though :-)
            http://www.fluxmedia.net/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by smeesseman View Post
              Do you have your wav device selected in radio settings "playback device"? Make sure you do not... This needs to be set, along wth "record device", to the line input that your radio device is plugged into, not the WAV device. Also make sure that no cf external applications that you might have loaded do not have the playback device set to the WAV line.

              Yes, I do have it set to my USB soundcard even though the radio should be using my onboard Realtek sound.

              I had done that because the radio doesn't work no matter what I do anyway, and when it was set to use my Realtek onboard soundcard, it was breaking my volume control after visiting the Radio module.

              Comment


              • #8
                OK so that one's out of the way, now to discover why your radio isnt working. Which soundcard, and which line input to you have radio plugged into? For example, if you have it plugged into your Realtek's LineIn, you have to set both the playback and record device in radio settings to "Realltek - Line In". Your WAV line on either soundcard should not be set here. What kind of radio are you using? Please post your logs/stsyemreport after reproducing the issue where your radio sound doesnt come on.
                http://www.fluxmedia.net/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by smeesseman View Post
                  OK so that one's out of the way, now to discover why your radio isnt working. Which soundcard, and which line input to you have radio plugged into? For example, if you have it plugged into your Realtek's LineIn, you have to set both the playback and record device in radio settings to "Realltek - Line In". Your WAV line on either soundcard should not be set here. What kind of radio are you using? Please post your logs/stsyemreport after reproducing the issue where your radio sound doesnt come on.

                  I have an Infill G4 which has an onboard Realtek soundcard that the radio is hardwired to (according to the SD guys).

                  The G4 is actually outputting to a USB soundcard (Turtle Beach Audio Advantage).

                  Setting the radio in/out to the Realtek "Line In" still does not give me any radio audio, even with the buffer disabled (see more details at the thread I started specifically for the radio playback failure: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/cent...infill-g4.html)

                  Thanks (I really hope this is fixed in RC4... I've had to switch back to SD for now to get radio playback, which drives me nuts since it crashes usually once a day).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Here's the system report you asked for. BTW, the message board needs to be fixed because it won't allow the .flux extension (I had to add .zip at the end).
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by johnk View Post
                      Here's the system report you asked for. BTW, the message board needs to be fixed because it won't allow the .flux extension (I had to add .zip at the end).
                      Will get the file ext thing fixed, thanks for the heads up. The log says you didnt even try to run radio, you need to reproduce the issue, then create the log. Also, Infil radio is verified working, but will not work in buffer mode. In radio settings, set Buffer Off, set Recording and Playback devices to "Realtek - Line In", close CF, restart, open radio, see if it works, if not, then create the system report, and post it up... Also, after starting radio and its not working, check the windows mixer playback device "LineIn" and make sure its unmuted, if it iis, unmute it manually and see if the audio comes through.
                      http://www.fluxmedia.net/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Here's a log from after trying Radio after following your instructions (set Radio in/out to Realtek Line In, set buffering off (has been off), restart CF, and open Radio). I still get no audio.

                        The Realtek output's "Line In" DOES get muted every time I go from Radio to Playlists, but manually unmuting it does not give me any Radio audio.
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          hmmm, everything is getting called that should be. I assume that CF unmutes the line-in when you open radio? Looks like it does from the log. Which means your radio must be failing to turn on or output audio. Strange, and like I said Infill radio is reported working from many sources. What I can do at least is add more logging so that when RC4 is released we might be able to tell more what is happening...

                          Do you still have the streetdeck installed on it? Does your radio work when running SD? Did your radio ever work running SD?
                          http://www.fluxmedia.net/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by smeesseman View Post
                            hmmm, everything is getting called that should be. I assume that CF unmutes the line-in when you open radio? Looks like it does from the log. Which means your radio must be failing to turn on or output audio. Strange, and like I said Infill radio is reported working from many sources. What I can do at least is add more logging so that when RC4 is released we might be able to tell more what is happening...

                            Do you still have the streetdeck installed on it? Does your radio work when running SD? Did your radio ever work running SD?

                            You're right. The Realtek Output "Line In" does unmute when I go back to Radio.

                            And yes, radio still is working on my still-installed StreetDeck. (For that reason I've stopped using CF.)


                            Have you guys gotten radio to work on the G4 when using a USB sound card like I'm doing? I know the SD guys had to figure out how to get that working.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by johnk View Post
                              You're right. The Realtek Output "Line In" does unmute when I go back to Radio.
                              And yes, radio still is working on my still-installed StreetDeck. (For that reason I've stopped using CF.)
                              Have you guys gotten radio to work on the G4 when using a USB sound card like I'm doing? I know the SD guys had to figure out how to get that working.
                              Could you explain more on how your radio putput is connected to a USB sound card? Doesn't the Infill output audio on its own without the use of a soundcard? Does all your audio play from this USB soundcard? Please shoot me some more details on that...
                              http://www.fluxmedia.net/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X