Many FLAC tags show Album name as "Unknown"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many FLAC tags show Album name as "Unknown"

For the majority of my FLAC songs, the Album name is displayed as "Unknown".

The album tags are fine and show up in Winamp and Windows Media Player.

The song/artist names are all fine.

But not all FLAC songs are affected.

I can send an affected song to the development team...

That would be helpfule if you could pass along a problematic file. You can send it to [email protected]...
    This is in the bug database, BUG-000237
    http://www.fluxmedia.net/

Comment

I tried a 38MB file but it was rejected by your mail server. I'll try to find a smaller one.

Comment

Okay, it should be in your mailbox. That particular one has the same artist/album name, but that is just coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
          Okay, it should be in your mailbox. That particular one has the same artist/album name, but that is just coincidence.
          i got it, will take a look when i get a chance...

Comment

FYI, still happens in 2.0 RC4.

Comment

What are you using to tag your files? What type of tag are you using ID3v2? I used to have a similar problem until I upgraded my tagging software.
              My 2007 Scion Tc Install

Comment

All were initially tagged with the FLAC tool itself (from flac.sourceforge.net). But I did modify some with Media Monkey. I'm not sure if the broken ones were edited by Media Monkey. But either way I think it needs to be fixed. The same songs work fine in Winamp and Windows Media Player.

Comment

I had problems using Media Monkey 2.5, CF wouldn't read any of my tags. All of them were displayed as unknown. I upgraded to 3.0 and re-tagged them all and CF now reads all of my tags. Now album art is another story.
                  My 2007 Scion Tc Install

Comment

i have been looking at this, and with my 1 flac file that I have, I cannot reproduce. Can you post a system report after reproducing this? Or possibly send me problematic file at [email protected], or put some up for download... did re-tagging using the new version of your software clear things up?

Comment

You're saying it does not happen for you with the FLAC file I sent you?

And yes, retagging a FLAC with Media Monkey 3 does make it work. But it should still be fixed in CF; the problem does not occur with Winamp or Windows Media Player (so I think it is a CF bug), and it would take days to sit and manually retag over 1,000 tracks.

Comment

sorry, forgot who it was that sent it to me, its called Elastica or something? yes, it works fine on my system... not sure how that can be if it didnt work for you...

Anyway - It's actually the audio engine that does the tag reading, not developed and maintained by Flux. There is no way for us to diagnose this issue, but I will drop a line to the audio engine developers...

EDIT: A new version of audio engine will be included in next release (I am using it now, maybe it is why it works for me). Probably not, but it just might clear up issue, let me know if this still persists after next update...

Comment

Originally posted by smeesseman View Post
                          yes, it works fine on my system... not sure how that can be if it didnt work for you...
                          What codec are you using for reading your flac files??
                          My 2007 Scion Tc Install

Comment

Originally posted by deeznudts View Post
                            What codec are you using for reading your flac files??
                            We use Un4seen BASS libraries for all audio playback, so i am not sure...

Comment

Originally posted by smeesseman View Post
                              sorry, forgot who it was that sent it to me, its called Elastica or something? yes, it works fine on my system... not sure how that can be if it didnt work for you...

Anyway - It's actually the audio engine that does the tag reading, not developed and maintained by Flux. There is no way for us to diagnose this issue, but I will drop a line to the audio engine developers...

EDIT: A new version of audio engine will be included in next release (I am using it now, maybe it is why it works for me). Probably not, but it just might clear up issue, let me know if this still persists after next update...

Okay thanks, I'll let you know after RC5 is out. If that doesn't work I'll retag all my songs with Media Monkey 3.0 (turns out it won't be as hard as I thought).

John

Comment

Working...
                              X