Rewinding the radio buffer makes CF get very slow until CF is restarted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewinding the radio buffer makes CF get very slow until CF is restarted

1.) With the radio buffer enabled, rewind the radio a bit.

Now CF is in the bad state. No matter if you stop the radio, CF will have extremely poor performance until you restart it. This ranges from clipping and halting in the radio/music playback, to it sometimes taking over a minute for button presses to take effect.

I'm testing 2.0 RC4; I don't know if it happened in RC3 since the radio wasn't working for me at all then.

I forgot the attachment (system report). There's also another one in the http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/cf-b...no-effect.html thread (msg board won't let me upload the same file twice).
    Attached Files

Comment

Maybe the same underlying cause as http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/cf-b...ml#post1222429 (apparently the same performance issue after just resuming PC from sleep).

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
        1.) With the radio buffer enabled, rewind the radio a bit.

Now CF is in the bad state. No matter if you stop the radio, CF will have extremely poor performance until you restart it. This ranges from clipping and halting in the radio/music playback, to it sometimes taking over a minute for button presses to take effect.

I'm testing 2.0 RC4; I don't know if it happened in RC3 since the radio wasn't working for me at all then.
        cannot reproduce at all. please report back if still experiencing this after the next update...
        http://www.fluxmedia.net/

Comment

It doesn't even matter if the buffer is rolled back anymore. Every time I launch (or resume) CF when the radio is active, it is in a very bad state. I gave up on even trying to get a System Report since it responds so slowly.

It always shows "Buffered Audio" with "-29:59" or "-29:58". Sometimes it inexplicably shows "-:09" and very slow counts backward. This is even if I was listening to "live" radio when shutting down.

I truly want to take a shotgun and/or sledgehammer to my Infill G4 at this point. What a complete waste of thousands of dollars and many many hours.

Please, please get this fixed.

Comment

Perhaps a video of the problem would help to show something?

Also the G4 is really really slow. Could be all the flashy stuff is just bogging the CPU down. Is the CPU going to 100%, or is it below and CF just being flaky?
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

It doesn't even matter if the buffer is rolled back anymore. Every time I launch (or resume) CF when the radio is active, it is in a very bad state. I gave up on even trying to get a System Report since it responds so slowly.

It always shows "Buffered Audio" with "-29:59" or "-29:58". Sometimes it inexplicably shows "-:09" and very slow counts backward. This is even if I was listening to "live" radio when shutting down.

I truly want to take a shotgun and/or sledgehammer to my Infill G4 at this point. What a complete waste of thousands of dollars and many many hours.

Please, please get this fixed.
              I just dont get all these issues you are having. We have distributors providing working g4's to customers with Centrafuse installed, using all functionality. i did double check and yes there are reports of phone being a little laggy on the g4 (as mentioned in the post above, the g4 is pretty slow compared to other solutions). Have you tried installed a clean copy of XP (I assume you have)?
              http://www.fluxmedia.net/

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                Perhaps a video of the problem would help to show something?

Also the G4 is really really slow. Could be all the flashy stuff is just bogging the CPU down. Is the CPU going to 100%, or is it below and CF just being flaky?

The G4's CPU is a piece of crap, but the CPU is only about 60% in while the problem is occurring.

Comment

Originally posted by smeesseman View Post
                  I just dont get all these issues you are having. We have distributors providing working g4's to customers with Centrafuse installed, using all functionality. i did double check and yes there are reports of phone being a little laggy on the g4 (as mentioned in the post above, the g4 is pretty slow compared to other solutions). Have you tried installed a clean copy of XP (I assume you have)?

No.... that is a pretty huge step to take. I'd have to be sitting in my car for at least an entire day getting everything set up.

Comment

No.... that is a pretty huge step to take. I'd have to be sitting in my car for at least an entire day getting everything set up.
                    The more things you install, uninstall, programs you try, and all of that the more windows' registry gets foobared. I think a clean install is something you need to do. And it wont take a day to get things setup. Maybe an hour to install XP which is really easy if you make a dont-bug-me disk where you enter everything at one time and then the rest is an unattended installation. Also embed your drivers onto that CD and after an hour all your drivers will be on there too and everything will be setup to work. Then just start a wifi transfer of music and go watch tv for an hour. So like 20 minutes of work within a 2-3 hour window is not much considering your PC is junked with all the crap done to it.
                    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

I've only had this XP setup for less than a year, and I have hardly installed any programs on it (all I use are StreetDeck and Centrafuse). Winamp, a virus scanner/firewall (which I have disabled since I don't have an Internet connection on it), and backup software are about the only other programs I have added.

Comment

SD and CF on the same machine are known to play king of the hill and in some cases it disabled the first installed one from running after the latter one installs. Just ask daniel whatever his name is.

Basically you have a system problem. You want help, and the best help is just start fresh. You dont seem like the kind who likes to tinker based off of this thread, all your other threads, and the fact that you bought a G4. That is fine and all, but you may want to listen to advice when you get it from 2 independant sources to just do a reinstall. Or quit complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                          quit complaining.

Dude (2K1Toaster), you don't know what you are talking about. I have been building computer systems for 20+ years. I have never bought a pre-built PC other than the G4.

The issue Daniel had with his screen not working in SD after installing CF 1.2 has absolutely nothing to do with my situation. Quit spouting nonsense you don't understand.

AND "QUIT COMPLAINING"!!! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO TELL OTHER PEOPLE ON THE FORUM WHAT TO COMMENT ABOUT?!

Anyway, I did go back to a backup I had made soon after getting the G4, and the problem still occurs whenever the phone is connected. So what is your brilliant advice now, 2K1Toaster? You must have the answer since you are such an expert. (And did I mention you need to stop complaining?)

Comment

I am not complaining, my PC works. I am trying to help you.

And a backup is not the same as a reinstall. Start fresh and it will work. I can guarentee it.

Also, the screen issue is just the most recent. There are numerous times where the same computer with both SD and CF wont run correctly. I dont use either so it could be PEBCAK like this one.

EDIT: was trying. I give up, you didnt pay me so get your support from them

Comment

The backup was made shortly after the installation provided by MP3Car.

You can guarantee it? So you are using the exact same hardware as me, including the same phone (since the problem only happens when the phone is paired)?

Regardless, I had planned to do a clean XP install anyway just to prove the point. In fact I have the slipstreamed XP CD in my car right now for whenever I have time.

Comment

Working...
                              X