No announcement yet.

Centrafuse crashes on network connection

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centrafuse crashes on network connection

I tried registering on the Centrafuse forums but I don't seem to have "authority" to make threads.

Anyways, with no network connection Centrafuse 4.1.10 works just fine. But as soon as I connect my iPhone to the dock I built in my car, the tethering connection gets made, Centrafuse connects, but about a second later Windows says the application has stopped, or something like that.

Is this happening to anyone else?

EDIT: Apparently CF 4.2 and 4.3 are all doing the same thing - crashing right on connection. I've updated all the SQL Compact software, .NET extended, etc. and still this bug persists.
    Last edited by lukeescude; 06-18-2012, 03:14 PM.

your not the only one i trie doing this last night and it was doing the same thing , the ipod works fine too but whenever it tried to make the connection it freezes up , it must be something to do with the network interface or maybe if its in shell mode it wont work im gonna try to figure it out tonight . i really want to tether now since the pandora app has been update for CF 4.

If you've registered on the Centrafuse forums, you are in "moderated" status for the first 5 posts. Then you can start new threads. A pain, I know, but needed to help fight the spammers. What software are you using to teather Centrafuse to your iPhone? Have you installed all the Apple pre-requisites (available in the repository)?

With a properly configured system and all the necessary pre-requisites, I have not heard of CF crashing as soon as the network is established, regardless of version or phone. Please post you error.log file on the forums when you get a chance.

Thanks for the replies!

@Michae - Please let me know if you find a solution!

@VegasGuy - I am using WyWi 5 to do the tethering. I'm looking at the repository now, I think I only installed the MobileDevice redist.. I'll install the ApplicationSupport redist right now and see if that does it.

unfortunately, nothing I'm doing is solving the issue.

So, I've started writing my own front end software. So far the HD Radio, iPod, DVD/video playback are all finished.

A quick update:

CF uses SharePod to talk to the iPod, and the sharepod library seems to be the culprit. SharePod isn't able to handle the tethering function of the same connection.

in conclusion: This really sucks :/