cf 1.4 tryout expired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cf 1.4 tryout expired

I have a beta testers liscence, but it won't let me activate it or something, it worked for a while, but my guess is that when my clock changed drasticly it "self destructed" , so as to not elt you turnt he clock back.. the funny thing is, my system resets the time when the graphics card hangs, from a large bump ..

got anything?.. I search for this.. but never found anything.
    Shawn

Check out my web company Minneapolis Web Designer | MODx Web Design - Himmelberger Design

if you set your clock back to the proper date it should load...

note: you need to set it back to the same date the clock was set when you instaleld Centrafuse... Otherwise uninstall Centrafuse, manually delete the directory Centrafuse was installed in, fix your machines date problems, re-install Centrafuse and the license should work again...

david

Comment

I have this same problem. Set the clock back to where it was originally, deleted all traces of centrafuse, re-installed tryed to use my register key still says expired. What can i do?

Comment

I'm not sure... this is actually by design... it assumed you were trying to change your date to get around the protection...

david

Comment

Ah Grasshopper .... you have us on a clock.

No worries. I'm sure you will finish what you have been slaving over and give us the real deal.

BTW David, just so we know, when is the timebomb ????

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Don 944 LA
            Ah Grasshopper .... you have us on a clock.

No worries. I'm sure you will finish what you have been slaving over and give us the real deal.

BTW David, just so we know, when is the timebomb ????

Don
            this is not a timebomb... this is a problem with my license manager getting confused when people are messing around with their system date... I said from the beginging that the Beta's would eventually expire, but again that is not what this problem is... more information on that here...

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58298

david

Comment

So is there no solution for this expired trial problem?

Comment

1.5 should be out soon... this will fix your problem...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
                  1.5 should be out soon...
                  david

0l33l

Comment

Any find a fix for this yet? I have been without centrafuse for few weeks now, and im starting to miss it.

Comment

OH MY GOD.

so TODAY I finally got my carputer installed, and while I was trying to simulate being at night (to test GammaControl auto dimming) I changed the clock 12 hours forward.

Centrafuse thinks it has now expired, and I have found no way to fix this. I WANT TO DIE DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      2002 Honda CR-V
                      Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                      Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                      ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

I feel your pain, have been without centrafuse for weeks now.

Comment

this will not be a problem in the final release... it is only a problem with the Beta's because they have a trial within a trial... no way to fix it without compromising the entire licensing system...

david

Comment

Are you seriously saying people in this situation will not be able to try Centrafuse until a final release is out? OMFG!

All this because we changed the clock a few hours forward? Not a real good design IMHO

Also, don't kid us. You know there is a way to fix this, right? I mean, whether it's a hidden file, or a registry entry or whatever... there is always a way. Surely formatting my HD and re-installing will make it work... just don't feel like doing that because I have all of the OS configured for CarPC (months of work).

Most frustrating day ever... first day with CarPC installed, last day with CF. Going to sleep.

Originally posted by veetid
                            this will not be a problem in the final release... it is only a problem with the Beta's because they have a trial within a trial... no way to fix it without compromising the entire licensing system...

david
                            2002 Honda CR-V
                            Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                            Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                            ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
                              Are you seriously saying people in this situation will not be able to try Centrafuse until a final release is out? OMFG!

All this because we changed the clock a few hours forward? Not a real good design IMHO

Also, don't kid us. You know there is a way to fix this, right? I mean, whether it's a hidden file, or a registry entry or whatever... there is always a way. Surely formatting my HD and re-installing will make it work... just don't feel like doing that because I have all of the OS configured for CarPC (months of work).

Most frustrating day ever... first day with CarPC installed, last day with CF. Going to sleep.
                              I'm not saying that at all... Like I said in earlier posts in this thread, 1.5 will install and work with no problems... Reinstalling windows would also fix it with the current version or any version...

note: posting how to bypass the trials kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it? Changing the system time/date messes up most modern trial license systems, if not all...

david

Comment

Working...
                              X