Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Centrafuse 1.6 Bugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Centrafuse 1.6 Bugs

    I noticed that when the song changes while you aren't in the media screen, the album cover will not change according to the song. When you switch back to the media screen, the cover will be from the last song that was played while CF was still in the media screen.

  • #2
    Scroll up and down buttons on the Web browser are inverted.
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

    Comment


    • #3
      -Phone control setup box keeps comming up everytime i open centrafuse. I do not want to use it and I keep pressing cancel, but to no avail. Is this by design?

      - weather plugin will not work in the car but is working fine in the house, this is the same exact problem i had with 1.5, when i go to select a location it just sits for about 2 minutes on the OSK and then finally returns to the setup screen with nothing in the location field. I am entering in my zip code which works on my home machine. I am connected via wifi in the car when tring to update location.

      -I dont think this is a bug, and that is really bad for me (and possibly many others) but iGuidance loses focus whenever i try to use its menu or touch any dialog box generated by iguidance. Any time i press something centrafuse changes back to the main section, and i have to re-click on my iGuidance button to get back to it, just to set a destination (from favorites) requires 4 or 5 switches between iguidance and main.

      -volume --> I know you said that this is the way it is supposed to work, but I cannot understand why. By the time i get torwards volumes i like the almost exponential increaments in sound are too much to bare, and i find myself in the mixer tring to use the pre slider to find a medium. there is 100% to play with, and I only use a range of 10%, I might as well only have 10 volume levels. The volume also never is completely off as with 1.5 even thought the range correctly shows increments between 0 and 100.
      My Install

      Software:
      CFiG v1
      iGuidance Plugin for CF

      CarShell
      Working shell for a CarPC

      StopWatch
      StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

      Comment


      • #4
        In button layout, there is no option for the settings button. I removed it to put it on the first page and it isn't in the list of buttons. I had to reinstall.

        Sometimes the drop down menu items get mixed up. More than once I've had it show 2 "main" buttons and then another click takes it back to main and media.

        The option to have ext apps start fullscreen doesn't work.

        I'd like to have the menu button visible when in fullscreen. I use iGmod and it doesn't like it when CF resizes its window. So in 1.5 I ran it fullscreen and hit the home button to get to anywhere else. Now I don't have that option and it cuts the iGmod buttons off at the bottom after resizing it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by alti
          -Phone control setup box keeps comming up everytime i open centrafuse. I do not want to use it and I keep pressing cancel, but to no avail. Is this by design?

          - weather plugin will not work in the car but is working fine in the house, this is the same exact problem i had with 1.5, when i go to select a location it just sits for about 2 minutes on the OSK and then finally returns to the setup screen with nothing in the location field. I am entering in my zip code which works on my home machine. I am connected via wifi in the car when tring to update location.

          -I dont think this is a bug, and that is really bad for me (and possibly many others) but iGuidance loses focus whenever i try to use its menu or touch any dialog box generated by iguidance. Any time i press something centrafuse changes back to the main section, and i have to re-click on my iGuidance button to get back to it, just to set a destination (from favorites) requires 4 or 5 switches between iguidance and main.

          -volume --> I know you said that this is the way it is supposed to work, but I cannot understand why. By the time i get torwards volumes i like the almost exponential increaments in sound are too much to bare, and i find myself in the mixer tring to use the pre slider to find a medium. there is 100% to play with, and I only use a range of 10%, I might as well only have 10 volume levels. The volume also never is completely off as with 1.5 even thought the range correctly shows increments between 0 and 100.
          In the next version their will be an extra dialog asking whether you want to install GPS and Phone...

          For now just close out Centrafuse, move Phone from the plugins directory to the pluginsinactive directory, and then reload...

          david
          __________________
          CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
          01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
          M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

          Comment


          • #6
            XM problems and a suggestion

            - XM doesn't work quite right. I have an XMDirect so I selected XMDirect as the satellite radio device. When I actually go and listen to XM, CF just starts responding really slowly. The channels never list and there is also no sound. However, when I select XMPCR, the channels list correctly but 90%, there is no sound. I've only gotten the XM audio to work once and even then, trying to tune to another channel either doesn't work or is really slow. Also, when either of the above situations happen I can not exist CF without using task manager to end the process.

            - Now for the suggestion...I think it would be useful to give us the option of enabling the header for external apps. Some apps just don't need to ever be full screen or use the keyboard and the extra screen area could be useful. I think it might also be smarter to align the header vertically on either the left or right side since this would use the available screen area more efficiently. This would leave no room for the app name in the header but this isn't really anything significant since the name isn't needed at all.

            Other than some other minor bugs that I'm sure you know of already, this version definitely looks promising.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mbai2
              - XM doesn't work quite right. I have an XMDirect so I selected XMDirect as the satellite radio device. When I actually go and listen to XM, CF just starts responding really slowly. The channels never list and there is also no sound. However, when I select XMPCR, the channels list correctly but 90%, there is no sound. I've only gotten the XM audio to work once and even then, trying to tune to another channel either doesn't work or is really slow. Also, when either of the above situations happen I can not exist CF without using task manager to end the process.

              - Now for the suggestion...I think it would be useful to give us the option of enabling the header for external apps. Some apps just don't need to ever be full screen or use the keyboard and the extra screen area could be useful. I think it might also be smarter to align the header vertically on either the left or right side since this would use the available screen area more efficiently. This would leave no room for the app name in the header but this isn't really anything significant since the name isn't needed at all.

              Other than some other minor bugs that I'm sure you know of already, this version definitely looks promising.
              I never personally tested with the XMDirect, but it should work... All I had for testing was an XMPCR...

              I will pick one up and figure it out...

              david
              __________________
              CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
              01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
              M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

              Comment


              • #8
                Well apart from the phoco crash mentioned in the other thread, so far I've found:

                Going to the media screen causes the audio to mute.

                No sane way to jump to a specific song in the list. Getting a doubleclick on a lilliput is next to impossible, and the 1.5 behaviour of selecting the song, then pressing the play button at the bottom of the screen has now been removed.

                WAV files. I know there's no ID3 information, but do we have to have "Unknown Artist - " prefixed onto the file name, it means I end up with displays reading "Unknown Artist - Force & Styles - Heart of Gold". Can't CF just trust the user to name their file correctly?

                Comment


                • #9
                  hey guys i was thinking about something ...
                  why we dont focus on one just one part of CF and report all the bugs we get this will be easier for david i think, submitting to much diffrent bugs is confusing, i am suggesting to open a new thread for each functionality like

                  media bugs
                  dvd bugs
                  gps bugs
                  radio bugs

                  and so on
                  what do you think ??
                  We Exist because there is no patch for human Stupidity !!

                  We need you ALL Here !!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bishooman
                    hey guys i was thinking about something ...
                    why we dont focus on one just one part of CF and report all the bugs we get this will be easier for david i think, submitting to much diffrent bugs is confusing, i am suggesting to open a new thread for each functionality like

                    media bugs
                    dvd bugs
                    gps bugs
                    radio bugs

                    and so on
                    what do you think ??
                    i agree with that it would bring some structure to bug reporting or maybe davids webmaster can setup a bug reporting site (with a list of already submitted bugs and the possibility to provide a solution)

                    there are already ready made packages for this
                    my destinator map resource down permanently

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Lum
                      Well apart from the phoco crash mentioned in the other thread, so far I've found:

                      Going to the media screen causes the audio to mute.

                      No sane way to jump to a specific song in the list. Getting a doubleclick on a lilliput is next to impossible, and the 1.5 behaviour of selecting the song, then pressing the play button at the bottom of the screen has now been removed.

                      WAV files. I know there's no ID3 information, but do we have to have "Unknown Artist - " prefixed onto the file name, it means I end up with displays reading "Unknown Artist - Force & Styles - Heart of Gold". Can't CF just trust the user to name their file correctly?
                      I will think about what to do with the tag reading...

                      I removed the clicking a song and hitting play because once you left the song you were on in the list view you no longer had the ability to pause the music, unless you found the song that was playing and selected it in the list view again...

                      I plan to make this list view in the media player single click always, it was on my list but just didn't get it done for this release...

                      david
                      __________________
                      CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                      01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                      M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks for that. Single click on the song list makes a lot more sense and will be better than 1.5

                        Tag reading works fine, it's the untagged stuff (such as my .wav files) that display incorrectly. I can suggest some fairly simple logic that should catch most cases

                        if there are no spaces anywhere in the filename then replace all _'s with spaces
                        look for " - " in the name, treat these as field separators.
                        Assume the last field is the song title
                        If the first field consists solely of numbers then
                        ....assume the second field is the artist.
                        ....assume the first field is the track number
                        else assume the first field is the artist
                        ....if there is a middle field
                        ........assume this is the album name
                        ....else
                        ........use the directory name as the album name

                        It wont catch all cases by any means, but it should fit the majority of files out there and at least gives us an option to organise untagged files and have them displayed correctly.

                        Or there is the cheap option. Just dump the filename into the artist/song field directly (since they're shown together) and take the directory name as the album name I'd be happy enough with this option.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Lum
                          Thanks for that. Single click on the song list makes a lot more sense and will be better than 1.5

                          Tag reading works fine, it's the untagged stuff (such as my .wav files) that display incorrectly. I can suggest some fairly simple logic that should catch most cases

                          if there are no spaces anywhere in the filename then replace all _'s with spaces
                          look for " - " in the name, treat these as field separators.
                          Assume the last field is the song title
                          If the first field consists solely of numbers then
                          ....assume the second field is the artist.
                          ....assume the first field is the track number
                          else assume the first field is the artist
                          ....if there is a middle field
                          ........assume this is the album name
                          ....else
                          ........use the directory name as the album name

                          It wont catch all cases by any means, but it should fit the majority of files out there and at least gives us an option to organise untagged files and have them displayed correctly.

                          Or there is the cheap option. Just dump the filename into the artist/song field directly (since they're shown together) and take the directory name as the album name I'd be happy enough with this option.
                          are you thinking just for wav files since they dont' support tags? I would consider that... Other file types you should just fix your tags I would think...

                          david
                          __________________
                          CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                          01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                          M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            1.6 Bug, nothing major

                            David, my internet connection is not working as it was in 1.5. I set up the connectiong entering the

                            1st problem

                            Connection name
                            Phone
                            Username
                            Password

                            It doesnt connect, I see a status window but it's just blank and has a button that says OK. Whats up with that>

                            2nd Problem

                            I tried intergrating iGuidance and when I click any buttons on iguidance it takes me back to the CF main screen. It seems like the layers could be out of wack. The window name is correct. Any input?

                            3rd problem

                            Phone Control.net connects to my motorola e815 just fine, I can see my text messages, and when a call comes in, but I cannot make calls or see my phone book like before when I ran phonecontrol.net as a standalone.

                            When I try to make calls it has the status window saying "Dialing 123-434-3434" but does't ever connect. As far as the phone book I don't see it at all, I just see my text msg inbox.

                            David you did a phenomenal job man, thank you for everything

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Anointed
                              David, my internet connection is not working as it was in 1.5. I set up the connectiong entering the

                              1st problem

                              Connection name
                              Phone
                              Username
                              Password

                              It doesnt connect, I see a status window but it's just blank and has a button that says OK. Whats up with that>
                              I also was not able to get my cell phone working for internet through bluetooth. I used the same settings I had on 1.5, but in my case this has always been one of thoose things that has been finicky, so I just figgured I needed more time to play with it. I will try to get more details up about my mine when i have more time to play with it tomorrow.

                              Originally posted by Anointed
                              2nd Problem

                              I tried intergrating iGuidance and when I click any buttons on iguidance it takes me back to the CF main screen. It seems like the layers could be out of wack. The window name is correct. Any input?
                              This is the same problem i mentioned above, I did not get a chance to try other external applications to see if they have simular problems as well, but i plan to try that later. David, is there any chance that there is a setting that can be changed to avoid this happening?
                              My Install

                              Software:
                              CFiG v1
                              iGuidance Plugin for CF

                              CarShell
                              Working shell for a CarPC

                              StopWatch
                              StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X