1.6 Internet connection bugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 Internet connection bugs

I think it's best to seperate all our bugs into categories as suggested in the forums. This way David can focus on one section at a time.

Web Plugin won't open new windows

When you use the web plugin and you go to a website where you click and links open in a new windows the window doesn't pop up. It stays on the same window, you never see the other window pop-up. I mentioned this a long time ago because it did the same thing in 1.5, maybe david forgot

Comment

Internet connection not working

My internet connection is not working as it was in 1.5. I set up the connectiong entering the

Connection name
      Phone
      Username
      Password
      (all filled in correctly)

It doesn't connect at all, I see a status window but it's just blank and has a button that says OK. Whats up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Anointed
        My internet connection is not working as it was in 1.5. I set up the connectiong entering the

Connection name
        Phone
        Username
        Password
        (all filled in correctly)

It doesn't connect at all, I see a status window but it's just blank and has a button that says OK. Whats up with that?
        I will get this fixed, it's a bug...

david

Comment

Thank you David. Is there any temporary fixes? Or a way I can pull up my windows internet connection through CF as an external app or something.

I guess the only other option is to connect to the net then start CF.

Comment

i was able to get mjne working by just going into settings a few times and re-entering the phone number.

in case it helps, david here is my error log

3/6/2006 11:15:17 PM
            Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
            Parameter name: index
            at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
            at centrafuse.section6.saveEntry()
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            3/6/2006 11:17:10 PM
            Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            3/6/2006 11:17:32 PM
            My Install

Software:
            CFiG v1
            iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
            Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
            StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

??? I never understood why a connection dialog is needed in CF. I set up windows to auto-connect via my cell phone. All I have to do is open the web browser (or anything else that uses the net) and windows does the rest without having to do anything through CF.

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
                ??? I never understood why a connection dialog is needed in CF. I set up windows to auto-connect via my cell phone. All I have to do is open the web browser (or anything else that uses the net) and windows does the rest without having to do anything through CF.
                It's just to show the status of the internet dialing... It can be disabled from settings...

The reason for having the internet connection settings in CF is because CF is meant to replace windows shell, so you need to be able to set everything up from within CF settings...

david

Comment

RPM, have you found an easy way to disconnect?

Comment

Originally posted by kbreeden
                    If you hit the green connection icon in the top header and you are connected to a dialup networking connection setup through Centrafuse, it will disconnect it for you and turn red...

There are some bugs in this release related to setting up dialup networking connections in Centrafuse though, but they should be addressed in the next release...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
                      If you hit the green connection icon in the top header and you are connected to a dialup networking connection setup through Centrafuse, it will disconnect it for you and turn red...

There are some bugs in this release related to setting up dialup networking connections in Centrafuse though, but they should be addressed in the next release...

david
                      I haven't had any success disconnecting that way, perhaps because of the bug you mentioned. That will be great when it's functioning properly.

Comment

Yeah... I unplug my phone LOL. No reason to ever disconnect unless I need my phone to make a call, and since Phone Control doesn't work with Sprint/Samsung, I can't use the PC for calls anyway.

Comment

I haven't had any success disconnecting that way, perhaps because of the bug you mentioned. That will be great when it's functioning properly.
                          it will not disconnect that way unless you have Centrafuse dialing the call... If you have auto dial in internet explorer turned on, then this will not hangup your call...

if you setup your connection in Centrafuse and use the auto dial functionality within Centrafuse, then it will hangup your call...

like I said though, there was some reported bugs with dialing connections in this version, but you might give it a try...

david

Comment

Thanks, David. I'm also having problems dialing from CF, so am using auto-dial. That explains why disconnect won't work.

CF is going to be awesome when you get all the wrinkles worked out.

Comment

can i just set the phone number manually in the config.xml file? what should the parameter be? <DIALUPPHONENUMBER> ?

Comment

Working...
                              X