1.6 Misc/external app bugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 Misc/external app bugs

I think it's best to seperate all our bugs into categories as suggested in the forums. This way David can focus on one section at a time.

here is my error log for the problem i encountered weather plugin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3/6/2006 11:20:10 PM
    The operation has timed-out.
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
    at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
    at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.CreateScanner()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Init()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectText Token()
    at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
    at weather.setup.searchResults()
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Install

Software:
    CFiG v1
    iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
    Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
    StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

Originally posted by alti
      here is my error log for the problem i encountered weather plugin

3/6/2006 11:20:10 PM
      The operation has timed-out.
      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
      at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
      at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
      at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.CreateScanner()
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Init()
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
      at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectText Token()
      at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read()
      at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
      at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
      at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
      at weather.setup.searchResults()
      It appears it timed out attempting to connect to the web service... You had a solid internet connection? Is the error consistent?

david

Comment

yes, I made that post from the car on that internet connection. Now I am inside on a keyboard so i will try to explain more.

Here is the squence of events:

I try to add my location in the weather plugins setup. I enter my zip code on the OSK and it times out as I described for about two minutes after i press enter. after the timeout if i look in the settings for the weather plugin the location field is blank.

I checked my weather plugins config.xml to see what was going on. Both my <weathercity> and <weathercode> feilds were empty, so I decided to try manually entering the zip and city as follows (taken from the working config.xml on my laptop)
        <weathercode>12590</weathercode>
        <weathercity>Wappingers Falls, NY (12590)</weathercity>
        Now when i tried to load centrafuse it sits and times out while loading plugins for about the same amount of time. When it finally finishes starting up I can go to the weather plugin and instead of just having a blank skin I now have fields for temp humidity ect all with 0 values.

I checked the error log and it was more of the same as above.

for now i have moved the weather plugin to in-active and load times have returned to normal.

I know the internet connection was good while i was working on it. Origionally this morning i was connected via wifi, my car was parked 10 -15 feet from the router in a window. signal strength excellent, and i downloaded CF from your website with the connection as well as using it to setup, download and browse the web before durring and after the weather plugin woes.

I also tried disconnecting from wifi and using my dial connection on my cell using bluetooth.
        My Install

Software:
        CFiG v1
        iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
        Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
        StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

Embedded app layout

I posted this in the general bugs post but I'll post it again so it's easier to find in the seperated topics...

When embedding an app, I think it would be better to have the header bar vertical along the left side of the app instead of on top. This keeps the window aspect closer to what it was intentionally designed to be which means less problems with certain programs embedding strangely. Maybe have the header layout similar to the dynamic playlist buttons. In place of the media manager button, you could have the application name displayed there. Tapping on it would maximize the application. The keyboard and close keys could be placed directly below the title button. The application would be displayed where the playlist is.

Comment

I think that it would be best to completely disable any clicks outside of the 'drop down menu' area, when it is expanded. They should be ignored.
            2002 Honda CR-V
            Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
            Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
            ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Well, maybe this isn't really a bug, or maybe I'm missing something:

With Notepad embedded, using the CF OSK, it doesn't seem possible to advance to the next line by pressing the "Enter" key.. ?
              Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Good point. I think that for the OSK to be more 'universal' in its possible uses, it needs a NEXT LINE button. no?
                2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

also, pertaining to the keyboard: not necessarily a requirement, and I understand the space constraints, but F-keys might be helpful if embedding external apps..

for instance, for me in Windows Explorer F2 comes quite in handy when renaming stuff..
                  Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
                    Good point. I think that for the OSK to be more 'universal' in its possible uses, it needs a NEXT LINE button. no?
                    Or maybe make the "Enter" key a real enter key and replace it's current function with a "Send" key. I find myself needing enter and not having it.

Comment

Found an interesting bug. Pay attention!

1) Go to settings screen
                      2) Click general
                      3) CLICK SOUNDS -> change from ON to OFF (or visceversa)
                      4) Click Next Page button
                      5) Click Previous Page button

CLICK SOUNDS button would appear to not have taken your changes... the other button is hilited. However if you click save it does save the change correctly (as you'd want it to).

Just a matter of making sure that when displaying pages you refresh button hilite status according to the settings that have been selected (and not according to the settings that Have been saved).
                      2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

*External App Bug*

Since I still need NAV to actually work while we're waiting for the full version of Destinator, I have been working on getting Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006 to play nice with CF. I've noticed two things:

1. Of course I tried setting it up using the SETTINGS screen. I entered the App path and window name just as it appears (Map - Microsoft Streets & Trips) without using "&amp;" in place of the ampersand and saved. I went back to MAIN and launched and S&T launched outside of CF. When I went back to SETTINGS, I changed the App path and window name to substitute &amp; for the ampersands and saved. Again S&T launched outside CF. A forum member (solodesignz) suggested editing the XML directly so I did. That got it to embed finally and also showed me why it wouldn't work from the SETTINGS screen: everywhere I entered &amp; in SETTINGS, the XML had "&amp;amp;". So it seems that the code is handling &'s correctly. Why it didn't work the first time, I don't know yet. I will go back and do more XML comparison tomorrow.

2. When I did get S&T to embed, it launched and left me with a blank window embedded. I think this is due to the fact that when I run S&T NOT embedded, I have to launch S&T and start it tracking before I launch CF, otherwise S&T tells me that I don't have a GPS receiver installed. I have a Holux GM-210USB that shows up on COM4 and again, I have to do more testing tomorrow, but I'm thinking that this is caused by the Destinator plugin hijacking the GPS COM port. My plan is to embed S&T again and remove the Destinator plugin to see if that fixes the hang. I'll post back tomorrow evening.
                        Ride: 2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD/Sheer Silver/Black Leather/factory HIDs.
                        MoPuter: Transflectivized Lilli 7", EPIA M-10000, 512Mb RAM, 160Gb WD, SBLive!, 54g WLAN, Holux GM-213, 160W M2-ATX PSU

Comment

OK, I'm back with more info on the MS S&T 2006 embedding issue.

I removed it as an external app, rebooted CF and added it back. If I use SETUP to do this rather than editing the XML, the places in the path and window name where they have an "&" end up in the XML translated into "&amp;amp;" just as I saw yesterday.

This is easily corrected by editing external.xml so that it reads correctly, however, once S&T is embedded, there are other problems...

I launched S&T and it first launches outside CF, then gets called inside and it behaves. When I tried to activate GPS tracking, S&T complained about there not being a GPS receiver available as I mentioned yesterday. It worked correctly on my way home tonight, but I did nothing differently that I know of between then and now. Since I removed MSS&T and added it back, I could not get it to detect my GPS receiver when embedded. I was thinking that Destinator was claiming sole rights to it because if I started S&T first then started CF, S&T could use the GPS. It only said that it couldn't find it when I launched S&T after CF was already running (e.g. when S&T is embedded - except for this one time earlier today).

What I did then, was remove the Destinator plugin (via SETUP) and reboot CF then launch S&T embedded. Disappointingly, it still couldn't locate the GPS receiver. That indicated to me that either CF is doing something with the COM port, or I didn't do enough to make sure that Destinator wasn't still getting it. I then closed CF and opened S&T separately and activated GPS tracking then started CF then switched back to close S&T and launch it embedded. Now it's able to find the GPS.

I hope there's some help in all this info and I'm up for trying any testing situations you may need. Thanks.
                          Ride: 2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD/Sheer Silver/Black Leather/factory HIDs.
                          MoPuter: Transflectivized Lilli 7", EPIA M-10000, 512Mb RAM, 160Gb WD, SBLive!, 54g WLAN, Holux GM-213, 160W M2-ATX PSU

Comment

wintv problem. bt878 pci card

SPEC:
                            P3 933
                            384mb ram
                            Ge-force 4 mx440
                            wi-fi pci card
                            wintv pci analogue card (with fm radio)
                            lilliput 7" touchscreen
                            60gig 2.5"hd
                            dvd combo slot loading drive (laptop drive)
                            OPUS 150w

Windows xp pro sp2
                            centrafuse 1.6
                            all the latest drivers

I have a problem when trying to go into tv mode, I have set up centrafuse to use the wintv card but when i click the tv button an error message appears and I have to control, alt del to get away from it.

here is the stat of the error file.

10/03/2006 12:01:26
                            Class not registered
                            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
                            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
                            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()
                            at centrafuse.tv.CF_pluginInit()
                            10/03/2006 12:01:42
                            Class not registered
                            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
                            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
                            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnVisibleChanged(Even tArgs e)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnParentVisibleChange d(EventArgs e)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnVisibleChanged(Even tArgs e)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.OnVisibleCh anged(EventArgs e)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnVisibleChanged(EventAr gs e)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolea n value)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
                            at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
                            at centrafuse.tv.CF_pluginShow()
                            at centrafuse.main.CF_Main_systemCommands(CF_Actions command, String param1, String param2, String param3)
                            10/03/2006 12:01:52
                            Exception of type InvalidActiveXStateException was thrown.
                            at AxWinTV.AxWinTVControl.ChannelUp()
                            at centrafuse.tv.channelDown()
                            at centrafuse.tvslider.chandown_Click(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
                            at centrafuse.Plugins.skinButton.fireClick(MouseEvent Args e)
                            at centrafuse.Plugins.CFPlugin.CFPlugin_MouseUp(Objec t sender, MouseEventArgs e)
                            10/03/2006 12:01:53
                            at AxWinTV.AxWinTVControl.ChannelDown()
                            at centrafuse.tv.channelUp()
                            at centrafuse.tvslider.chanup_Click(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
                            at centrafuse.Plugins.CFPlugin.CFPlugin_MouseUp(Objec t sender, MouseEventArgs e)
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            the error list just keeps repaeting from this point

"10/03/2006 12:01:53
                            at AxWinTV.AxWinTVControl.ChannelDown()
                            at centrafuse.tv.channelUp()
                            at centrafuse.tvslider.chanup_Click(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
                            at centrafuse.Plugins.CFPlugin.CFPlugin_MouseUp(Objec t sender, MouseEventArgs e)"

I have a pci tv card I dont know if this will make much difference as I have noticed that a lot of people seen to be using usb wintv ?

Forgot to mention, wintv runs fine on its own app - wintv2000

I am also having a lot of problems trying to integrate the radio into centrafuse, it keeps hanging when trying to scan? although this does not create an error log? I have tried it with the bt878driver and with the radiator app, cant get it to work properly at all..

Thanks

p.s. check out my install!!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71840
                            Celeron 2ghz, 1 gig ram, 200 gig sata, DRU-R100 radio, wifi g, 7"lilliput touchscreen, opus 150w dc-dc, laptop slot load Dvd, BU-353 GPS , Destinator, Road Runner MC2.0
                            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ord+focus+2000

Comment

Embeded G-Force with two bugs.

1. After I had set it up, the button to launch in the Main screen did not appear until I closed and reopened Centrafuse.
                              2. The window loads halfway down the panel. See the screenshot...
                              Attached Files
                              2002 Grand Am progress :
                              [] - 80%
                              ...complete setup, but still need to make the install cleaner

Comment

Working...
                              X