Track Sorting, not working in 1.6?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Sorting, not working in 1.6?!

I noticed today that track sorting does not work (at least for me). It used to work in prior versions with same music files I am testing.

If I turn the SORT BY TRACK feature ON, then it will play files in alphabetical order (go figure). And if I turn that feature OFF, it seems to sort by some strange nonsense order.

Anyone reproduced this bug? Have not heard anyone mention it.
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

Some of my albums play out of order but I cannot verify if they worked in 1.5 either.

I will be looking into it soon, as well as other issues with my id3 tags.
    B Smoov
    Project Status: 90% Complete

Next Step: TIVO for Radio

Ampie Case :: MII10000 Mobo :: M1-ATX PSU :: 512MB RAM :: 2.5" HD, 60GB, 5400rpm, 16MB Buffer :: DWW-700H :: Centrafuse

Comment

i noticed this too. some of my albums are sorted alphabetically when i checked the id3 tags and they have the track numbers. i haven't figured out why yet but i'll post if i do...

Comment

Has a bug been filed on this? Anyone figure out the root cause? I've yet to really investigate but its pretty annoying so id like to make sure it gets fixed in the next version.
        B Smoov

Ampie Case :: MII10000 Mobo :: M1-ATX PSU :: 512MB RAM :: 2.5" HD, 60GB, 5400rpm, 16MB Buffer :: DWW-700H :: Centrafuse

Comment

I checked out some albums that I know sort incorrectly in CF using Tag & Rename and noticed the ID3V2 Tag lists the Track# as ##/## as in "Track ## of ## Tracks"...

The tracks that do sort correctly have the Track# field of the ID3v2 tag set to simply ## as opposed to ##/##

Reposting this as a bug

EDIT: I think iTunes does this to the ID3 tags, as it has the "Track ## of ##" option. Do you both use iTunes?
          B Smoov

Comment

yes, that is it!! i removed the /## from one of my album's that wasn't sorting correctly and rebuilt my library and now it is correct. thanks for fixing this, have you put it in the proper bugs section so it can be fixed in 1.7?

EDIT: I do use iTunes, and i see in the comments that these files were encoded by iTunes so that seems to be the culprit.

Comment

That is strange. none of my MP3s have track number as ##/## (I always clean that out so it shows only ##), yet my sorting is not correct. Will have to test this again!
              2002 Honda CR-V
              Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
              Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
              ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
                That is strange. none of my MP3s have track number as ##/## (I always clean that out so it shows only ##), yet my sorting is not correct. Will have to test this again!
                That is very interresting... Both the ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags are set correctly?
                B Smoov

Comment

Mine in sorting backwards by track number. Using ID3v1 tags only.
                  1984 BMW 323i (E30)
                  [==========] 90%
                  EPIA MII10000
                  256MB RAM
                  40GB 2,5" HD
                  Lilliput 7" TS
                  Hacked Travla C134
                  Haicom CF GPS

Comment

i had an album sort backwards... i assumed it was the same issue but probably not... either way i'd investigate and post a bug under Media Bugs
                    B Smoov

Comment

There was a small tag reading bug in 1.6 that caused some issues with reading track numbers... It has been found and fixed in 1.7.. I also added support to strip out Track and support for ##/## style tags...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
                        There was a small tag reading bug in 1.6 that caused some issues with reading track numbers... It has been found and fixed in 1.7.. I also added support to strip out Track and support for ##/## style tags...

david
                        B Smoov

Comment

Working...
                        X