Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Bug

i've only recently noticed this bug,

first of when i turn of te pc i turn it off, no hirbirnation or anything fancy,
    i click on the NAV button a wait, what started of as an odd occourance is now constance occurance, the GPG will not lock on any sat's ( i normally get 8 or 9 ) i restared the pc a few times and then i locks onto the sat's , i do not knwo why this happens....

Anyone else get this problem?

I do. Same exact thing. After coming out of sleep it won't lock onto any sats until the PC has been restarted.

Comment

Use Xport3, it fixes the problem

Comment

I found this issue and working on a fix...

I want to get it into RC3, all depends on if Destinator gets it to me today, which is going by fast...

david

Comment

hmmm Xport3 , never heard of it, only using com port 3 at the mo. i had alot of trouble geeting the GPS to work so being honest i dont want to mess about wit it . But hey at least i know i'm not te only one and a fix is on thte way , Yay to Dave. when ever you come to ireland i'll buy you a print m8 ;D

Comment

This has been fixed and will be in RC3...

david

Comment

i have the same problem but not on waking from sleep mode. I have the Globalsat BU-353 gps receiver and when i turn on the pc it doesn't necessarily lock to satellites every time i open centafuse. instead when i use the gpsinfo app it locks to 8-9 satellites. So when i have this lock problem i first open gpsinfo then close it and enter centrafuse.

Comment

Originally posted by thorik View Post
                i have the same problem but not on waking from sleep mode. I have the Globalsat BU-353 gps receiver and when i turn on the pc it doesn't necessarily lock to satellites every time i open centafuse. instead when i use the gpsinfo app it locks to 8-9 satellites. So when i have this lock problem i first open gpsinfo then close it and enter centrafuse.
                you in SiRF mode or NMEA? If not NMEA then try NMEA mode... there seems to be some issues with SiRF mode and some receivers...

david

Comment

i only use nmea mode because sirf doesn't work at all but it is not stable.

Comment

I'm noticing that the GPS is very unpredictable in this manner for me as well. I have mine go into hibernation each time, and sometimes when it resumes, it doesn't lock onto any satellites at all in CF. Sometimes it takes a minute or 2, sometimes it's quick, within 30 seconds. I'm not sure the issue on this, but I'll continue to try to get a good repro...
                    Carputer Progress:

Re-do fabrication of screen [DONE]
                    Add mini-USB and micro-USB power from M2-ATX [DONE]
                    Teardown PC [100%]
                    Add HDMI > VGA converter [0%]

Comment

a new navigation engine will be in the next release that will hopefully improve the receiver connection issues...

it should have the SiRF issues fixed for sure...

david

Comment

Thanks for the update, looking forward to it.

It's only been recently that it had issues. Like today, when I booted up coming home from work, CF didn't connect to the receiver (I checked XPort and it had GPS info coming in) until I slowed down after about 10 minutes of driving, when I was almost at my destination. I've noticed a lot of time it updates once I slow down or stop after moving for a little while (5+ minutes, maybe?).

I figured out that my GPS was interfering with my Bluetooth (both using COM ports), so that was the problem I was having. I have disabled the bluetooth on my phone and it works much better now.
                        Carputer Progress:

Re-do fabrication of screen [DONE]
                        Add mini-USB and micro-USB power from M2-ATX [DONE]
                        Teardown PC [100%]
                        Add HDMI > VGA converter [0%]

Comment

i still have this issue in 1.13 am i the only on or is there others.

Works fin on clean start but when i resume from hibernation i cant get a lock and if i do it only lasts a few mins.
                          http://www.deathmedia.co.uk/car/sig.jpg

Comment

I will add code to close GPS port and reopen it on resume from hibernation/standby and I believe this will fix your issue...

I don't have the issue, but the extra code will not hurt anything...

david

Comment

Working...
                            X