Periodic lockup upon loading next track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Periodic lockup upon loading next track

I know this has been brought up before but I didn't see it on a quick scan of the bug reports.

It doesn't seem to follow any particular pattern, but about once every hour or so of operation I get a full audio player freeze (CF responds to commands but the sound is gone and the track counter stops moving). It always happens either upon skipping from one track to the next or upon loading another track from the library.

Today I pulled the error.log and got this:

Originally posted by error.log
    Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter Name: Index

at system.collections.arraylist.get_item(int32 index)
    at centrafuse.music.loadcurrent(boolean reallyshow)

Closing CF and reopening makes it functional, but the current playlist is lost and I have to reload my selections from the library.

David, no idea what this error log means? This has been happening to me a lot lately. Happens listening to single albums, individual tracks, and 700-song playlists.

Comment

Originally posted by zerodb View Post
      David, no idea what this error log means? This has been happening to me a lot lately. Happens listening to single albums, individual tracks, and 700-song playlists.
      I will look into it, but I can't reprodce it... anyone else have this issue at all?

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post
        I will look into it, but I can't reprodce it... anyone else have this issue at all?

david

I couldn't find the post, but some time ago another user posted issues with song hanging on "next track" on an occasional and apparently random basis. If it's somehow pushing an index value out of range, I can't imagine this being related to some other component of my system.

I am planning on rebuilding my setup with a different motherboard soon; I'll try eliminating everything but windows and CF and see if I can recreate it.

Comment

I couldn't find the post, but some time ago another user posted issues with song hanging on "next track" on an occasional and apparently random basis. If it's somehow pushing an index value out of range, I can't imagine this being related to some other component of my system.

I am planning on rebuilding my setup with a different motherboard soon; I'll try eliminating everything but windows and CF and see if I can recreate it.
          yea, here I am! living with this problem since 1.4
          someone said it could be my kxproject audio drivers but I don't know, never had problems before
          Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
          Celeron 1.2ghz
          256mb DDR-2 533
          80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
          Sb Live 5.1 w/ KXProject Drivers
          M2-ATX
          8" Lilliput TS LCD

100% installed and working :D

Comment

Originally posted by Frankino View Post
            yea, here I am! living with this problem since 1.4
            someone said it could be my kxproject audio drivers but I don't know, never had problems before

Interesting; I'm also using kx drivers. Can you check your error.log after this happens and see if you're returning the same error I have?

I also have a problem with sound resuming after hibernation which I suspect is a KX issue, but I think I've asked you before and you don't have this problem.

The question is, why would a driver issue cause CF to issue an error within itself? If the problem is at the driver level, I would expect CF to continue as if nothing was wrong, but in CF the timer freezes at some arbitrary value, and something is obviously corrupted since the playlist doesn't come back upon restart.

Comment

will see my error.log but iirc it does not create one... by the way kxdrivers 3138i out yesterday, maybe it fixes.. will try
              Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
              Celeron 1.2ghz
              256mb DDR-2 533
              80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
              M2-ATX
              8" Lilliput TS LCD

Comment

will see my error.log but iirc it does not create one... by the way kxdrivers 3138i out yesterday, maybe it fixes.. will try

When yours hangs, I'm assuming you have to close CF and open it again to get music back. When you do this, does it "remember" your playlist or not?

Comment

Oh, and thanks for the update, I'll get the new KX drivers too.

Comment

When yours hangs, I'm assuming you have to close CF and open it again to get music back. When you do this, does it "remember" your playlist or not?
                    yep it does now, it did not weeks ago, do not ask me why..
                    Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
                    Celeron 1.2ghz
                    256mb DDR-2 533
                    80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
                    M2-ATX
                    8" Lilliput TS LCD

Comment

yep it does now, it did not weeks ago, do not ask me why..

mine too! I just noticed that it retains the playlist after crashing nowadays.

Comment

Do you ever get the high-pitched whine when it hangs between tracks? That's a really fun noise.

Comment

never heard
                          by the way I have very little time to play with my carpc, don't know when I'll be able to give feedback for the rc3.1 issues on kxproject.. I'm still with rc2, still usable (barely)
                          Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
                          Celeron 1.2ghz
                          256mb DDR-2 533
                          80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
                          M2-ATX
                          8" Lilliput TS LCD

Comment

Frankino - see my post in the other KX thread... if your mainboard has an onboard sound card, I have found a workaround that seems to solve this problem... it's not perfect, but it makes CF usable, and that's a big deal for me!

Comment

Working...
                            X