Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Centrafuse RC3 Bugs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Centrafuse RC3 Bugs

    Post all the bugs found in RC3 here.

    Check to make your bug is not already known here:

    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80817

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

  • #2
    David,

    It still won't let me install on my desktop. I uninstalled the previous version using control panel, manually deleted all remaining Fluxmedia and Centrafuse folders after the uninstall and removed all the remaining references to Fluxmedia and Centrafuse from my registry. I reported the same problem with RC2 and you responded that RC3 would cure this. I know at least one other user is also experiencing this. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #3
      POI´s and Favorites

      Hi David,
      thanks for rc3.

      I found following bug in the poi section, known from rc2:

      If you have a poi with second level, like car dealer, you get the brands on the first level, but not the specific dealer on the second. in the berlin map you get the hotels. pois are correct if you only have one level, like car rental.

      second bug is at the favorites section:

      you get favorites for the specified distance (eg 50km) from the hole list and they are sorted by distance. But the farest favorite is on top and the nearest at the bottom. Can you change the sorting direktion?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kbreeden View Post
        David,

        It still won't let me install on my desktop. I uninstalled the previous version using control panel, manually deleted all remaining Fluxmedia and Centrafuse folders after the uninstall and removed all the remaining references to Fluxmedia and Centrafuse from my registry. I reported the same problem with RC2 and you responded that RC3 would cure this. I know at least one other user is also experiencing this. Any suggestions?
        You need to download the windows installer cleanup utility from Microsoft, and use it to remove all entries of CentraFuse from the windows installer information in the registry.

        http://www.softpedia.com/get/Securit...-Utility.shtml

        Direct Download Link: http://download.softpedia.com/softwa...ty/msicuu2.exe

        Then try again to load CentraFuse.
        Tidder

        Try RevFE
        The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.


        I Wish I could ban people

        Comment


        • #5
          Postcodes still do not work right in RC3. David postcodes have gone all funny since you tried to speed up the postcode searching after 1.7 Not only are some postcodes missing but on my uk maps if you search for example NG1 it will show NG16 but if you use the arrows to look down the list after a while you will see NG1, even trying a valid full postcode it still does not come up in the list. THIS IS A MAJOR BUG

          Could you not change the postcode search back to how it was in 1.7 and let me test it to see if the postcodes show. This way you no that is the cause.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by chevyunger View Post
            Hi David,
            thanks for rc3.

            I found following bug in the poi section, known from rc2:

            If you have a poi with second level, like car dealer, you get the brands on the first level, but not the specific dealer on the second. in the berlin map you get the hotels. pois are correct if you only have one level, like car rental.

            second bug is at the favorites section:

            you get favorites for the specified distance (eg 50km) from the hole list and they are sorted by distance. But the farest favorite is on top and the nearest at the bottom. Can you change the sorting direktion?

            Have you tried this with any other maps than the test maps? They are not 100% complete... Does your second level just come up blank?

            You say favorites are sorted for you by distance? I didnt' think I did this.. What is the sort order you would want?

            david
            __________________
            CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
            01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
            M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by hatton920 View Post
              Postcodes still do not work right in RC3. David postcodes have gone all funny since you tried to speed up the postcode searching after 1.7 Not only are some postcodes missing but on my uk maps if you search for example NG1 it will show NG16 but if you use the arrows to look down the list after a while you will see NG1, even trying a valid full postcode it still does not come up in the list. THIS IS A MAJOR BUG

              Could you not change the postcode search back to how it was in 1.7 and let me test it to see if the postcodes show. This way you no that is the cause.
              The only thing that changed in after 1.7 was when you click the buttons.. It does not go to the first occurrence in the list, but that is not where everyone would want to be... It gets you near what you typed, then you scroll....

              Changing back to 1.7 would not change how I populate the list of Zip Codes...

              So what is the bug exactly because I've been trying to explain this to Destinator because I think they broke something in one of the SDK versions since 1.7, but I've probably been through 20 since then fixing bugs and adding features...

              You are just missing zip codes right? Can you give me the exact map version from your WCE.txt file? Don't use the binary search on the right, go straight in and scroll all the way down.. Are the zip codes missing? If so what exact zip codes are missing so I can tell them, this map version, this SDK DLL, these zip codes are missing... Then they can see it first hand...

              david
              __________________
              CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
              01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
              M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi David,
                I testet only with the berlin map, coming with cf.
                the second level of pois is not blank, but there are wrong entries. eg: If you looking for a car dealer, you get in the first level all the car-brands. If you choose "alfo romeo", you dont get the alfa-dealer, but all the cafes in the nearer distance.
                I also tried with a old d3 map and there are no second level, so everthing is working correct.

                Sorting the favorites is fine, because if your looking for, say a lpg-station, you are looking for the nearest. But the sorting have to be reverse, because I cant see the nearest. The first entry is about 50km away (this is the distance I choose in the settings). The last entry on the bottom of the list is the nearest. If you reverse this its perfect!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just checking the list now David but it is going to take a long time to scroll down. All I know is it worked in 1.7 then you did something to speed up the postcode search and it postcodes yet destinators own program finds them in my maps.

                  Right David if I type in the search box NG13 the list shows NG16 yet if I scroll up the list I then see the missing postcodes but if I enter a postcode which was "missing" it doesnt select it. This could be happening with more postcodes than mine. It defeats the object of entering an exact postcode to have to scroll up and down the list to find it.


                  Map info

                  UK_Ireland:

                  UK and the Irish republic
                  Version 2006.Q1.4156 - map of Navteq. HLG 3, LSD, Toll roads, RDS TMC, WES2, FAS, Long post codes. Mp122. D01. Signed map

                  Also I cant tell you exactly what postcodes are missing as I dont know them all lol


                  Also another note. I have tested this in my car and speed is still incorrect I was doing 30mph yet cf was showing 1mph and never changed. Also 3d view is still slow.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by chevyunger View Post
                    Hi David,
                    I testet only with the berlin map, coming with cf.
                    the second level of pois is not blank, but there are wrong entries. eg: If you looking for a car dealer, you get in the first level all the car-brands. If you choose "alfo romeo", you dont get the alfa-dealer, but all the cafes in the nearer distance.
                    I also tried with a old d3 map and there are no second level, so everthing is working correct.

                    Sorting the favorites is fine, because if your looking for, say a lpg-station, you are looking for the nearest. But the sorting have to be reverse, because I cant see the nearest. The first entry is about 50km away (this is the distance I choose in the settings). The last entry on the bottom of the list is the nearest. If you reverse this its perfect!

                    I think that is just an issue with the Berlin sample map, the full maps I have seem to work fine on the POI's...

                    As for the favorites... I do not currently sort them, they should be in the order you added them... Would everyone want their favorites sorted by distance like POI? What if you had your favorite favorite at the top, even if it was far away...

                    david
                    __________________
                    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by hatton920 View Post
                      Just checking the list now David but it is going to take a long time to scroll down. All I know is it worked in 1.7 then you did something to speed up the postcode search and it postcodes yet destinators own program finds them in my maps.

                      Right David if I type in the search box NG13 the list shows NG16 yet if I scroll up the list I then see the missing postcodes but if I enter a postcode which was "missing" it doesnt select it. This could be happening with more postcodes than mine. It defeats the object of entering an exact postcode to have to scroll up and down the list to find it.


                      Map info

                      UK_Ireland:

                      UK and the Irish republic
                      Version 2006.Q1.4156 - map of Navteq. HLG 3, LSD, Toll roads, RDS TMC, WES2, FAS, Long post codes. Mp122. D01. Signed map

                      Also I cant tell you exactly what postcodes are missing as I dont know them all lol


                      Also another note. I have tested this in my car and speed is still incorrect I was doing 30mph yet cf was showing 1mph and never changed. Also 3d view is still slow.

                      So the postcodes are not missing from the map, but the search is just not working right? If you can verify this, then I have been looking for the problem in the completly wrong place...

                      note: If the keyboard searching wasn't working and you had the right postcode typed in the label, but it was not selected, it would not work... When you hit next,go,preview I read everything from the list view... the keyboard is just to get you close in the list, then you have to select it... If it's just an issue with the keyboard scrolling through the list, then that will be a lot easier to fix than a navigation engine issue... Let me know if the zips are in the list...


                      I will check on the speed issue...

                      david
                      __________________
                      CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                      01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                      M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi David I have verified this on my desktop and carpc. I think its the keyboard scolling. I entered my postcode exactly how it shows in the list and it pointed to the wrong location. Would it be easier if you had a copy of the maps I use?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hatton920 View Post
                          Hi David I have verified this on my desktop and carpc. I think its the keyboard scolling. I entered my postcode exactly how it shows in the list and it pointed to the wrong location. Would it be easier if you had a copy of the maps I use?
                          no, just as long as if you just use the list, not the keyboard, the zip codes show up... Then I know it's with my searching and the keyboard which I can fix...

                          I would have had it fixed in RC3, but I thought it was a Destinator problem... I can fix this easily if that is the issue...

                          we just had some miscommunication on the bug... I thought they just were not in the list at all... The searching issue I can fix... Your selection is not based on what is typed in, but what is selected in the list... This is why if the search doesn't highlight the right item, it appears broken... But if you then just scroll up/down and find the right zip code and it works... Then this is easily fixable...

                          david
                          __________________
                          CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                          01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                          M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks David but scrolling up and down when you can easily have thousands of postcodes in the search is not very appealing.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              David I can confirm this is also happening with street names and citys as well.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X