Kx Project and CF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kx Project and CF?

Anyone else have the kx project drivers for their Soundblaster card? I am having problems with the new update RC3 and the volume control. Whenever I try to do volume up/down it sets the volume to the minimum level.

David.. The kx project drivers are drivers created by people that enable more control over soundblaster cards. Instead of installing the SB drivers you would just install the kx project drivers to operate the soundcard. I had no problems in previous versions with my volume control. I would really like to solve this, so if there is any information I need to look up I will gladly do it. Thanks.

I posted in the main bug report thread but just for continuity's sake I'll post here also. I'm using KX (I think p3rv3rt b3ar is also) and with RC3 came the nasty volume bug you describe.

I also have trouble with audio hanging on track switch (requiring restart of CF) and no audio upon resume from hibernation or standby (requiring track skip fwd/back - pause/unpause does not bring audio back).

I've found little support from KX users/developers because their real motivation is to use the kxdriver set for recording and music production applications. My reason for using the kx set is that I can implement DSP filters on my outputs - in particular, I have placed crossover filters on the multiple outputs of my Audigy2zs, so I have dedicated high / mid / subwoofer outputs directly to my amplifiers. Losing kx means I have to add another expensive component to my signal chain.

I have no trouble with any of these issues if I use Roadrunner or any other winamp-based frontend (or other media player for that matter) with kx installed, so it seems a reasonable conclusion that CF is addressing the audio hardware in some non-typical way. But it's obviously not a priority for David (with only a few users overlapping CF and KX) so I suspect there's little hope for any solution in the future.

Comment

Mabe you can try turning off or on "Logarithmic Volume" in the General settings Page 2/4. Or turn off or on "Use pre as master Volume" page 2/3 or select "Speaker Output" Page 3/3 of Audio/Video Settings. Thats what I would try. But im just guessing. Mabe it will work for you.
      CENTRAFUSE From Flux Media
      The Ultimate Infotainment Interface
      Download V1.20 from there site now!!!!
      Download the new 2.0 RC1 From here Linky

Comment

I've tried all those options, it doesn't help. But good ideas.

Comment

I've gone ahead and made the switch to RR.. I love CF and all the capabilities of it, but for now I need something that will not fail me. Maybe once CF gets all the bugs worked out I'll try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by zerodb View Post
            My reason for using the kx set is that I can implement DSP filters on my outputs - in particular, I have placed crossover filters on the multiple outputs of my Audigy2zs, so I have dedicated high / mid / subwoofer outputs directly to my amplifiers. Losing kx means I have to add another expensive component to my signal chain
            same situation here, switch back to creative stuff is not an option, at all. I hope David will fix these issues o I will be forced to switch to rr... I surely hope not
            Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
            Celeron 1.2ghz
            256mb DDR-2 533
            80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
            Sb Live 5.1 w/ KXProject Drivers
            M2-ATX
            8" Lilliput TS LCD

100% installed and working :D

Comment

bump
              david tell us something please
              Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
              Celeron 1.2ghz
              256mb DDR-2 533
              80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
              M2-ATX
              8" Lilliput TS LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Frankino View Post
                bump
                david tell us something please
                nothing to tell... I do not own any of this hardware and it's a small amount of people using it...

It's special drivers that use their own mixer I assume... Centrafuse talks with the windows mixer... Somewhere their is a disconnect...

I have nothing for testing and many things in front of this...

I will take a look into supporting it, but after everything else is done...

david

Comment

I understand perfectly, but I also understand that centrafuse is the only frontend which gives problems with kxproject.. it's very sad
                  you know, even my stupid logitech keyboard is capable of control kxproject master volume without problems.. not to mention the well known "next track" issue, that seems really far away from a core 3rd part driver feature
                  and by the way, the goodold volume setting mode was working flawlessly even on kxdrivers, why not, maybe, put it back where it was and make it selectable for us kxowners? something like "alternate volume settings"...it's a long shot I know...
                  Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
                  Celeron 1.2ghz
                  256mb DDR-2 533
                  80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
                  M2-ATX
                  8" Lilliput TS LCD

Comment

I swear, if I could have the CF frontend working through a Winamp backbone I would be one happy camper.

Comment

it would be enough to have it to work like wmp, which does not have neither next track nor volume problems
                      Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
                      Celeron 1.2ghz
                      256mb DDR-2 533
                      80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
                      M2-ATX
                      8" Lilliput TS LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Frankino View Post
                        it would be enough to have it to work like wmp, which does not have neither next track nor volume problems
                        does it create an error.log file when you try to change the volume?

what if you go to the mixer in Centrafuse, then open the windows mixer and slide the volume up/down, or any of the inputs... Do the sliders in Centrafuse move?

Can it control anything, WAV, CD, MIC?

What about PRE, when you move WAVE in the windows mixer does the slider for PRE move?

The fix I put in place that changed the volume made it work very well with all the 5.1 features for VIA boards, the ones most people use...

but it also caused no issues with 4 other sound cards I use... It appears on this driver set...

david

Comment

my car is in maintenance right now, I'll have it back in a couple of days..
                          I'll let you know asap
                          thank you
                          namaste
                          Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
                          Celeron 1.2ghz
                          256mb DDR-2 533
                          80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
                          M2-ATX
                          8" Lilliput TS LCD

Comment

I've not seen an error.log related to the volume issue. I'll check mine again. I will say that I use a Griffin Powermate for volume control (which appears to issue a "volume up/down" command to windows just like a multimedia keyboard) and when I use this, I can see not the Pre, but the Front volume slider move in CF's mixer. With CF's new options for output channels, I can only use "MAIN" - I tried using "FRONT" and it stopped working - not just absence of sound... CF wouldn't even indicate that it was playing a track at all (which is eerily similar to what happens when it hangs on "next track")

Comment

Originally posted by zerodb View Post
                              I've not seen an error.log related to the volume issue. I'll check mine again. I will say that I use a Griffin Powermate for volume control (which appears to issue a "volume up/down" command to windows just like a multimedia keyboard)
                              I use a griffin Powermate too, and I've managed to use it very comfortly by assigning "sendkey" F8, F9 and F10 to "click", "turn left" and "turn right" for the centrafuse app.
                              this way you keep whatever volume control (PRE, FRONT, ... )works fine for centrafuse.
                              hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                              X