• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centrafuse RC4.1 Bugs

Post all bugs found in RC4.1 here.

First check to make your bug is not already known by clicking below:

Centrafuse Known Issues
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80817

Request features and additions in the main forum, not this thread. First make sure to check that we are not already planning on adding your requested feature or addition by clicking below:

Centrafuse Future Features
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82652

david

Unfortunatelly, the problem with the European maps still remains intact.
    The street sorting is BAD :-(
    I hope this can be fixed soon

Regards

Comment

old problem with navigation

The poi´s are confused in Berlin map.
      If you have a poi with subfolder (eg "autohändler"), it shows not the cardealers (autohändler) in the subfolder, but the restaurants. Same for all entries with subfolder, like hotel etc.
      Hope its only a problem of the berlin sample map.
      I have no problems with a old D3 germany map, but there are no subfolders in the poi list.

Comment

Hi David, The full screen video now working properly and the Nav speed too.
        Unfortunately, I have a new bug and it is the Hebrew fonts.
        Until now all Hebrew media playlist files are looking good with all versions but the last one V4.1 all Hebrew fonts files are gibberish.

Can you tell me which fonts the CF using and how can I fix it?
        What happened in the last version regarding FONTS?

The first photo is the last version(with gibberis) and the second is old one v4.0 (working properly).

Yossi.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yossisibi View Post
          Hi David, The full screen video now working properly and the Nav speed too.
          Unfortunately, I have a new bug and it is the Hebrew fonts.
          Until now all Hebrew media playlist files are looking good with all versions but the last one V4.1 all Hebrew fonts files are gibberish.

Can you tell me which fonts the CF using and how can I fix it?
          What happened in the last version regarding FONTS?

The first photo is the last version(with gibberis) and the second is old one v4.0 (working properly).

Yossi.
          not sure, didn't change anything related to fonts...

david

Comment

The Known Issues thread has been updated:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80817

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post
              not sure, didn't change anything related to fonts...

david

David, I found what happened, in the last version you are creating the media Playlist from the properties files (Title, Artist, Album title) and not as before all information from file name. Is that correct?

Can you tell me the name of CF playlist font?
              Yossi.

Comment

Confirming known issue:
                - reloading of XM stations sometimes does not work, possibly if you hit ok too fast
                Adding:
                Installed RC4.1; configured various pieces, exited and reloaded. satchannels.xml empty on restart.
                :: Mark

Comment

David,

Not a new issue to this version, but now I am totally convinced: The Web plugin does not update automatically all the time... not sure when it updates, but I was hoping that when I start the car in the morning, as soon as it connects to my wifi LAN from the garage, it will update the weather plugin data. EVEN IF IT IS NOT FRONT MOST WINDOW.

Is this not how it works? Do I have to click on Weather to bring it up, to force it to update? Seems like this is how it is set up to work now. I know for a fact I am connecting to my LAN every morning from garage, but it is definitely not updating the weather data for the plugin....
                  2002 Honda CR-V
                  Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                  Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                  ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Originally posted by justintime View Post
                    David,

Not a new issue to this version, but now I am totally convinced: The Web plugin does not update automatically all the time... not sure when it updates, but I was hoping that when I start the car in the morning, as soon as it connects to my wifi LAN from the garage, it will update the weather plugin data. EVEN IF IT IS NOT FRONT MOST WINDOW.

Is this not how it works? Do I have to click on Weather to bring it up, to force it to update? Seems like this is how it is set up to work now. I know for a fact I am connecting to my LAN every morning from garage, but it is definitely not updating the weather data for the plugin....
                    JIT,

Weather seems to be pretty important to you. You might want to take a look at Weather Pulse at http://www.tropicdesigns.net/weatherpulse.php. It gives a lot of information (including radar images and weather alerts), updates automatically and embeds nicely in CF.

Comment

New bugs...
                      • With XM playing, select MEDIA, pick a track, hit play. XM doesn't mute.

• Is PAUSE in XM supposed to do something? It starts the counter but XM continues to play. (XM audio input is via MIC; MIC level in mixer is at 0)

• If CF thinks there's a network (lamp is green), but there's not (because lamp is stale) when you configure weather, CF will hang for the duration of the network timeout - appx 3 minutes.

• Audio still present with ALL level sliders (wav, CD, line, mic, etc) at 0.

• The XM audio doubling is still there. REPRO:
                        • Start CF
                        • Verify that XM LINE_IN level is down ("MIC" in my case)
                        • Select XM
                        • Click PAUSE (side note: XM is still audible)
                        • Wait for counter to pass (go lower than) -0:04
                        • Push PLAY
                        • XM audio is doubled

Weirdness:
                      • "<<> and ">>" buttons in XM don't do anything - how about making them walk up/down through the current filtered list. (i.e., FAVORITES, MUSIC, etc)

• It seems that you need a network connection in order to configure weather. Why? Let us set the ZIP and if you don't have a network at that time do the lookup when you do. (if you don't have a network connection, then a dialog box is shown during config stating there's no network)

• XM "now playing" title switches reasonably fast. XM audio switch is still painfully slow (9 seconds on my system).

Comment

Update...

Originally posted by midiwall View Post
                        Weirdness:
                        • "<<> and ">>" buttons in XM don't do anything - how about making them walk up/down through the current filtered list. (i.e., FAVORITES, MUSIC, etc)
                        Given point 32 from the release notes:
                        32. rewind and fastforward buttons properly work in satellite radio mode
                        I guess this is actually a bug...

Comment

No click Sound on the ADD APP/PLUGIN/WEBLINK screen

If you go to add an app/plugin/weblink, the dialog itself will produce no click sound when clicking on any of those three options. It is a bug no doubt. Was there in 4.0 too....
                          2002 Honda CR-V
                          Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                          Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                          ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Two things so far:

already reported this one but still present:
                            media manager: when adding to queue/playlist focus gets lost to notification dialog, no further kb control possible till you click somewhere on the media manager screen

listviews in dialogs: sometimes enter is accepted twice, i.e. selecting a skin directly from the listviews (by pressing enter) closes the browser-dialog but immediately opens it again.

Comment

You have a memory leak, and a pretty nasty one.

REPRO:
                              • Start CF
                              • Start audio (MEDIA, XM, etc)
                              • Bring up Task manager (Process Explorer is even better)
                              • Find CF in list
                              • (ProcExp)Double Click on process for task info
                              • (ProcExp)Click on Performance tab
                              • Watch Working Set grow by appx 2meg/SECOND
                              This manifests itself by Windows spitting a "Low on virtual memory" warning at some point. Once that happens, the system will be dog slow. This could be what people have reported as slow response and high CPU usage.

Comment

Working...
                              X