• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Sound in Centrafuse after Hibernate

Hi!

i hope someone can help me!
    Please!!

whenever i resume my laptop from Hibernation i have no Sound in Centrafuse... (if i switch to Windows while centrafuse is running.. i can listen to mp3s with Winamp... therefore i don't think its a driver problem...)
    After restarting centrafuse (not Windows!!!) i get sound.
    what could cause this problem??? i don't want to restart centrafuse everytime i resume from hibernate...

Configuration:
    CarPC: Laptop IBM Thinkpad T23
    Centrafuse: RC4.1 0.99
    Soundcard: USB Terratec Aureon 5.1 (connected through PCMCIA USB2.0 Card)

Thank you very much!
    Barmy

no idea??!

Comment

Do you get ANY sound from CF at all? Button clicks? XM? FM? Movies? CD source? Noise???

Start an MP3 playing then head for the CF mixer. Move each of the sliders from MIN to MAX and note if any of them change the symptoms. i.e., you can hear noise from the card, you can now hear MP3s but not XM, etc.

Do this with both the first and the third mixer panels (I forget their names and I'm not in front of CF right now).

What do you have to do to get audio back? You mentioned restarting CF, but is there anything else? Unplug/Plug the Terratec adapter? Unplug/Plug the PCMCIA card?
      :: Mark

Comment

thank you for replying!

no nothing.. no button clicks... simply nothing!
        I played with all Sliders in CF Mixer... but that is not the problem..

To get the audio back i have to exit centrafuse and start it again...
        nothing else....

While starting CF there is a process called "Initialising Audio"....
        what is done in this part of the startup? I think this is needed to get the audio back!!

Comment

Hey again Barmy... I'm out of ideas, you'll need David (Mr. CentraFuse) to see this. David's pretty good about reading all of these posts, but he's been a bit off on participating in a discussion. You may want to repost your initial post here over in the "official" bugs thread:
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89133

My gut feel is that CF may be losing track of the audio driver instance after a hibernate, but again, that'll be for David to look into.

You might also want to check and see if there's a "error.log" file in the CF main directory. If so, see if there's anything in there that tracks with the restore from hibernate timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by midiwall View Post
            Hey again Barmy... I'm out of ideas, you'll need David (Mr. CentraFuse) to see this. David's pretty good about reading all of these posts, but he's been a bit off on participating in a discussion. You may want to repost your initial post here over in the "official" bugs thread:
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89133

My gut feel is that CF may be losing track of the audio driver instance after a hibernate, but again, that'll be for David to look into.

You might also want to check and see if there's a "error.log" file in the CF main directory. If so, see if there's anything in there that tracks with the restore from hibernate timeline.
            only suggestion I have is try different audio drivers... it should not be a problem in Centrafuse, but appears your soundcard driver does not work well with hibernation...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post
              only suggestion I have is try different audio drivers... it should not be a problem in Centrafuse, but appears your soundcard driver does not work well with hibernation...
              Ummm...
              Originally posted by barmy View Post
              whenever i resume my laptop from Hibernation i have no Sound in Centrafuse... (if i switch to Windows while centrafuse is running.. i can listen to mp3s with Winamp... therefore i don't think its a driver problem...)

Comment

Originally posted by midiwall View Post
                Ummm...
                not sure, can't reproduce on any machine I have and this has not been reported before by anyone and no one else seems to have this problem...

note: must be something with the USB Terratec Aureon 5.1 device, never seen or used one...

david

Comment

Hi!

I have the same problem now.
                  Moste Time when i use hibernation, there is no problem in Windows, because the windows sound is there after hibernation, but not in CF. When there is no sound after hibernation, i only have to restart CF, and everithing works fine.

I have no problem, when i hibernate windows without CF (Desktop only), or Winamp is playing.
                  Only when i hibernate in CF, there is the problem with the sound.

Greetings
                  US Cars @ www.rollingthunder.at.tf

Comment

I got this very often in the error.log:

09.07.2007 20:43:55
                    Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
                    at Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.Video.get_Cur rentPosition()
                    at centrafuse.Music.ffthread()
                    US Cars @ www.rollingthunder.at.tf

Comment

Originally posted by barmy View Post
                      Hi!

After restarting centrafuse (not Windows!!!) i get sound.
                      what could cause this problem??? i don't want to restart centrafuse everytime i resume from hibernate...

Barmy

I get the same problem, but not when resuming (I donīt hybernate my PC)... I get it about half the time when booting up normaly. I have to restart CF to get it working again (restarting CF restores the sound every simgle time I have the problem).

It is not that I canīt hear the music while it plays... CF seems to not even play the music (no song name scrolling on top, no visualization movement, no song time changing, etc.).

I have onboard sound from a Jetway motherboard... and the problem has not always been present. I started getting the problem about a week ago. Before that, I went several weeks without a problem. I have done NO modifications to the setup at all... so I know it is not a driver or reconfiguration problem.

I also have tried removing it (erasing manually the fluxmedia directory and everything in it), and reinstalling it... the problem is still there about half the times I start the car.

Later,
                      Carlos

Comment

Originally posted by esvcasm View Post
                        I get the same problem, but not when resuming (I donīt hybernate my PC)... I get it about half the time when booting up normaly. I have to restart CF to get it working again (restarting CF restores the sound every simgle time I have the problem).

It is not that I canīt hear the music while it plays... CF seems to not even play the music (no song name scrolling on top, no visualization movement, no song time changing, etc.).

I have onboard sound from a Jetway motherboard... and the problem has not always been present. I started getting the problem about a week ago. Before that, I went several weeks without a problem. I have done NO modifications to the setup at all... so I know it is not a driver or reconfiguration problem.

I also have tried removing it (erasing manually the fluxmedia directory and everything in it), and reinstalling it... the problem is still there about half the times I start the car.

Later,
                        Carlos
                        your issue sounds like Centrafuse is loading before your audio driver somehow... The issue you describe is the same as if you disable the soundcard completly and it does not exist...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post
                          your issue sounds like Centrafuse is loading before your audio driver somehow... The issue you describe is the same as if you disable the soundcard completly and it does not exist...

david

You are right. If I set Centrafuse to not start as the system shell it works just fine. I guess if it doesnīt start as the shell it does in fact give the system enough time to load the audio driver.

Is there any way to delay it somehow so it can still run as the shell and give the system time to load the driver?

Thanks,
                          Carlos

Comment

Originally posted by esvcasm View Post
                            You are right. If I set Centrafuse to not start as the system shell it works just fine. I guess if it doesnīt start as the shell it does in fact give the system enough time to load the audio driver.

Is there any way to delay it somehow so it can still run as the shell and give the system time to load the driver?

Thanks,
                            Carlos
                            seems like when running as shell it is loading before your audio drivers... I have not had this issue before, not sure...

david

Comment

Working...
                            X