• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centrafuse RC4.4 Bugs

Post all bugs found in RC4.4 here.

Read the release notes for all the changes and additions in RC4.4

Release Notes
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=92014

First check to make your bug is not already known.

Centrafuse Known Issues
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80817

Request features and additions in the main forum, not this thread.
    Make sure that we are not already planning on adding your requested feature or addition.

Centrafuse Future Features
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82652

david

Navigation

Ok I have some issues with the navigation part of the software, I was using IGuidance using the plug in and it work great but the sound issues with it kinda of bother me, so I decided to use destinator the gps sw that you guys bundle witht he software, first of all the maps keeps calling out yards instead of feet, miles are coming up but just that, also when goign on a route and try to change a song it lags for ever takes like 30 seconds to change the song also when you try to do anything else it takes long so its just not the track change but volume, trying to go to the main menu, etc etc, is there something out there to fix this issue or am I doing somethign wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by emenny81 View Post
      Ok I have some issues with the navigation part of the software, I was using IGuidance using the plug in and it work great but the sound issues with it kinda of bother me, so I decided to use destinator the gps sw that you guys bundle witht he software, first of all the maps keeps calling out yards instead of feet, miles are coming up but just that, also when goign on a route and try to change a song it lags for ever takes like 30 seconds to change the song also when you try to do anything else it takes long so its just not the track change but volume, trying to go to the main menu, etc etc, is there something out there to fix this issue or am I doing somethign wrong.
      I don't have these issues on my M10000... Might be your maps, what are they? What are the specs on your machine...

david

Comment

I have an m10000 with 1gb of ram, 30gb HD, usb cd rom, I use the bu353 usb gps module, as far as I know I have the latest drivers because Im able to chooose the native resolution for the monitor even though the lilliput doesn't take it but that another story, its weird, the maps well I downloaded the maps from bit torrent , Im doing it like that so I can test before I buy, I've used IGuidance because that's the one I bought but like I said I wasnt using centrafuse till I had issues with my other front end, so far this one has lots of features that in the future I can to implement, its weird, but yeah It lags big time Im not running centra fuse on shell, should I do that ?

Comment

Originally posted by emenny81 View Post
          I have an m10000 with 1gb of ram, 30gb HD, usb cd rom, I use the bu353 usb gps module, as far as I know I have the latest drivers because Im able to chooose the native resolution for the monitor even though the lilliput doesn't take it but that another story, its weird, the maps well I downloaded the maps from bit torrent , Im doing it like that so I can test before I buy, I've used IGuidance because that's the one I bought but like I said I wasnt using centrafuse till I had issues with my other front end, so far this one has lots of features that in the future I can to implement, its weird, but yeah It lags big time Im not running centra fuse on shell, should I do that ?
          shouldn't make a difference... If you disable GPS COM port and just load GPS without it receiving data does the lag stop?

david

Comment

David;

I looked at "ahew"'s MP3 files, these were a set that he was reporting as showing "Unknown Artist". A few things popped out at me:
            • For the sake of building a list of "encoders with known weirdness", it looks like they were encoded with Lame 3.93.
            • They have both v2 and v1 tags. Maybe that's confusing CF?
            • They're v2.4, did you get that in? I'm lost as to what you original supported versus were looking to back support for iTunes.
            • Lame is using the TENC flag to list encoder specifics. It's the first flag and it might be throwing you off.
            • There are multiple PRIV fields which is legal to do, but could be confusing.
            :: Mark

Comment

Originally posted by midiwall View Post
              David;

I looked at "ahew"'s MP3 files, these were a set that he was reporting as showing "Unknown Artist". A few things popped out at me:
              • For the sake of building a list of "encoders with known weirdness", it looks like they were encoded with Lame 3.93.
              • They have both v2 and v1 tags. Maybe that's confusing CF?
              • They're v2.4, did you get that in? I'm lost as to what you original supported versus were looking to back support for iTunes.
              • Lame is using the TENC flag to list encoder specifics. It's the first flag and it might be throwing you off.
              • There are multiple PRIV fields which is legal to do, but could be confusing.
              Should be working with 2.4 files... I just added back in if I don't see 2.4 go back and look for 2.2, which is what iTunes had moved backwards too for some reason...

those should read... I will check it out

david

Comment

From your Known Issues in RC 4.4, I don't see:
                • Add (music/video) folders dialog broken. e.g. I want to add "c:\data\music":
                  • Select Add Music Folder
                  • Click "c:\"
                  • Click "data"
                  • Click "music"
                  • Click "save"
                  • Nothing happens

I later found this was due to not having any files in my selected directory, thus your list dialog wouldn't let me click into a empty list item thus not allowing me to click "save".

• XM list entries have confused data elements. e.g. Channels "41" & 48" both reporting as "Bone Yard" (they're not); "41" reporting as class = "Christian" (it's "Rock"); title of track on 48 showing on 41; etc. Will clear (i.e., display will be correct) after one or two refresh cycles.

This has been around for a LONG time.

• XM isn't saving Last Channel. It's always defaulting to "1".

• VERY long "start times" on large MP3 tracks. My original bug report was:
                  I have a number of electronica tracks as MP3s, most are 80meg in size, some are over 100meg. When selecting one to play, I get the "Loading" banner for quite a while, (20-30 seconds on a 2ghz machine with 1.5gig of RAM) before the track starts to play. What are you "Loading"?

WMP starts the playback of any of these tracks in under a second.
                • "Clear Buffer" error on start-up
                  Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  at centrafuse.main.clearBuffer(Boolean play)
                  at centrafuse.satradio.tuneChannel(Int32 channel)
                • CF shows wrong page after startup module exits
                  • Set your startup module to something that's not on the first CF page.
                  • Restart CF
                  • Startup module loads correctly
                  • Exit module
                  • Note that CF is NOT on the page that contained the module, but is instead on the first page

Not a big deal, but it's a bit "disorienting" as you start to move around within CF.

Comment

Your first issue is most likely because you have single click on, I know about the single click issues... Or is this in double click mode too? I listed single click issues in just the media manager, but there are issues in file browser too...

All XM issues I'm not working on right now... The entire stall with XM is not because I can't fix it up really quick, it's because I'm still working with XM... XM just ordered a Cease and Desist to even Xtreme PCR, which wasn't even doing anything bad like TimeTrax... My contact this morning said they will be sending Cease and Desist letters to any and ALL software that works with any XM device hooked to a computer... We are working on a contract to allow Centrafuse through the use of something to work with XM... this is why I don't work on it... I legally can't right now... It was always in question and we have worked with XM, but as of now they decided to try and stop ALL XM use on PC hardware...

I will look into large mp3 problem....

As for the startup page, that button is a main menu button and that is just how it works... your logic is not a bug, but more a feature and I'm not sure I agree that it would make sense...

I updated the Known Issues Thread:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80817

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post
                    Your first issue is most likely because you have single click on, I know about the single click issues... Or is this in double click mode too? I listed single click issues in just the media manager, but there are issues in file browser too...
                    It's an issue in double click as well, but the issue presents itself a bit differently. In double click, when you get to C:\Data\Music (and the folder's empty), clicking "SAVE" will pop a dialog box of "Nothing Selected".

All XM issues I'm not working on right now... I legally can't right now
                    ARGH. Okay, but is that "LOADING message after hibernate and HANG" actually an XM bug or is it that CF shouldn't be trying to reload the module after hibernate? If we/you look at it as a core CF issue, then you'd be outside of boundaries the C&D order.

That one bug is _KILLER_ David.

As for the startup page, that button is a main menu button and that is just how it works... your logic is not a bug, but more a feature and I'm not sure I agree that it would make sense...
                    We may have a disconnect here... which "that button" are you thinking of? Here's a real world example... In a default CF install, set the startup app to be "Weather" which is a button on the second page. CF will load, then load Weather. When you exit Weather, CF is at the first page, not the page where Weather is.

If that's a "feature", I guess I can see the logic either way. It just seems a bit off to be returned to a page that doesn't contain the module that you just came out of.

I updated the Known Issues Thread:
                    Can you please put the "long start times for large MP3s" on there too? Thanks.

Comment

2 Things that I've just found:

1. When viewing a slideshow of pictures, the pictures view fine, but when I stop the slideshow in the middle it will take ages before the thumbnails show as the thumbnails take a long time to load. Looks as if CF hangs up for about 10-15 seconds. I know this has been discussed before but there must be a better and faster way to load the thumbnails.

2. With NAV, I've got some Malaysian maps that I'm testing and the street names have a lot of "/" forward slashes in them. However NAV currently doesn't have a forward slash button so I have to track through the list of streets for the correct street name. Another smaller matter is Malaysian street names have the type of street before the name, eg. SS 4D/10 JALAN should really be JALAN SS 4D/10 (Jalan meaning "Street"). I think somebody else posted this street naming issue before about French maps (? can't really remember the country).

Thanks heaps for putting in the Update features though... was getting very tired of downloading, uninstalling, deleting, reinstalling. hahaha.

Comment

Give me a day to look into the long start name issue and reproduce and see if I can quickly fix it...

I will check... I can fix the resume from hibernation XM probably...

That is weird about the selecting empty folders... I created one and it worked in single click and double click mode... Just made an Empty folder and tried to add it to my music paths... I will continue to try and reproduce this...

We did have a disconnect on the button issue, that is a bug... I will fix that...

david

Comment

Originally posted by ahew View Post
                          2 Things that I've just found:

1. When viewing a slideshow of pictures, the pictures view fine, but when I stop the slideshow in the middle it will take ages before the thumbnails show as the thumbnails take a long time to load. Looks as if CF hangs up for about 10-15 seconds. I know this has been discussed before but there must be a better and faster way to load the thumbnails.

2. With NAV, I've got some Malaysian maps that I'm testing and the street names have a lot of "/" forward slashes in them. However NAV currently doesn't have a forward slash button so I have to track through the list of streets for the correct street name. Another smaller matter is Malaysian street names have the type of street before the name, eg. SS 4D/10 JALAN should really be JALAN SS 4D/10 (Jalan meaning "Street"). I think somebody else posted this street naming issue before about French maps (? can't really remember the country).

Thanks heaps for putting in the Update features though... was getting very tired of downloading, uninstalling, deleting, reinstalling. hahaha.
                          I will look into the picture speed and simply open up your GPSKeyboards language XML file and add the character /

You can add it to the second page with the numbers...

Still trying to get a better stripped strip name from Destinator, what they gave me was good but not perfect...

david

Comment

Cool on the other stuff - 'specially the XM loading box. _thank you_ David.

Originally posted by veetid View Post
                            That is weird about the selecting empty folders... I created one and it worked in single click and double click mode... Just made an Empty folder and tried to add it to my music paths... I will continue to try and reproduce this...
                            Hmm... weird. It's a 100% repro for me.

{insert pause while I do a fresh install of RC4.4 on my desktop at home...}

Okay... so in RC4.4 I can get it to happen all the time in both single and double click mode. I bet you're not seeing it in double click 'cause you're doing this:
                            • Given "C:\Data\Music" is empty
                            • Double click on C:\
                            • Double Click on Data
                            • Single click on Music
                            • Click OK
                            That works... but this doesn't (because it mimics how single click works):
                            • Double click on C:\
                            • Double Click on Data
                            • Double click on Music
                            • Click OK

Now, in the process, I found two other things. These are folder browse bugs, not specific to adding paths. These may be what you know about, but to be sure...
                              • Given a structure of "C:\Folder1\A", "C:\Folder1\B" (empty or not)
                              • Set Single Click mode
                              • Click on C:\
                              • Click on Folder1
                              • Cursor down (don't click, use keyboard arrows)
                              • Cursor Jumps to "B" (not "A")
                              • Cursor disappears after 2 seconds

• Given a structure of "C:\Folder1\A", "C:\Folder1\B" (empty or not)
                              • Set Single Click mode
                              • Get into a folder selection dialog (like audio/video paths)
                              • Click on C:\
                              • Click on Folder1
                              • Cursor down (don't click, use keyboard arrows)
                              • Cursor Jumps to "B" (not "A")
                              • Hit OK before cursor disappears
                              • Directory that's selected is "C:\Folder1", not "C:\Folder1\B"

Comment

1) Noticed an issue today with fastforwarding a song. The playlist was on shuffle, and I started FF right after loading the PL and right when the song started. The track time did not increase, they simply jumped all over the place. When I released, it seemed to have advanced correctly, and when I used the FF again, the issue was gone. Pretty minor.

2) Ejecting a playlist: still having issues with properly ejecting a playlist . If it's the last one, sometimes the song continues to play, even when there is nothing in the list. If you try and play a CD, the background MP3 does not stop and plays along with the CD. Play/pause has no effect on the playing mp3 and the time does not show.

3) Not sure if this is a bug, but if you are using hte plus button to add songs, and then hit the play button on an album, the queue does not get added the that list. It stays in queue an accumulates until [I don't know when]. I don't really know how to use this properly, so it may not be a bug.

Comment

Working...
                              X