How to fix library in 1.6?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix library in 1.6?

What are the correct steps to removing and rebuilding a searchable library. I don't want to uninstall CF 1.6 and then reinstall to get the main setup. Is there an easier way? I am having a terrible time when I go to Media Manager and try to search for Artist, Albums, etc and nothing is there. I have to select Music Path to even see my MP3's. This is the first time this has happen and I can't figure it out. Thanks in advance for the replies.

click on the tools button... in there you will find library rebuilding options...
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Where does the library copy songs to? does it do this as its way of categorising things? just wondering as now i'm out of hard disc space and have no idea where all the songs have been put and thought i'd ask before searching as i already have numerous copies of the same songs everywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by zedevan
        Where does the library copy songs to? does it do this as its way of categorising things? just wondering as now i'm out of hard disc space and have no idea where all the songs have been put and thought i'd ask before searching as i already have numerous copies of the same songs everywhere...
        You only have two options, rebuild and import... When you rebuild it simply deletes the music database and rebuilds it based on all your specified music paths...

if you import it will display 2 dialogs... The first is asking for the source directory, you can select the drive letter to copy an entire USB stick or CD, then it asks for a destination folder, which is where it copies the files... Once it's completed copying it asks if you would like to auto add them to the music database...

david

Comment

So that's what the import button does. Excellent! I was going to ask about that feature.

Will CD Ripping be a feature in a later version? Would need CD TEXT or the ability to queue the ripped songs up for looking up on CDDB as soon as internet becomes available.

Comment

Originally posted by Lum
            So that's what the import button does. Excellent! I was going to ask about that feature.

Will CD Ripping be a feature in a later version? Would need CD TEXT or the ability to queue the ripped songs up for looking up on CDDB as soon as internet becomes available.
            CD ripping is in the current version under tools labelled Import CD... It already looks up the CDDB information and in 1.7 I added the functionality for it to also grab the album art... You just need to make sure when you initially start ripping the CD you have an internet connection, otherwise it will display multiple dialogs asking you questions about what artist, album etc... and use this information instead...

david

Comment

Working...
            X