Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of OBD box to use with CF

Hello,
    I would like to know what kind of OBD interface do you recommend to be the most compatible with CF ???
    Regards

You need one that is compatible with your car! NOT CF

IIRC though, CF was made to work with the ELM scanner.

MAKE SURE IT WILL WORK WITH YOU CAR THOUGH OR YOU'LL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY!!!
    My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
    NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Get the obd2allinone unit. It works great with centrafuse and is compatible with all obdII protocols.
      EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

Comment

But you STILL need to check that your car is OBDII because not all are Especially outside the US!

My 1999 Nissan isn't!

More info would help, car? year? etc
        NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Originally posted by bjm2020
          Get the obd2allinone unit. It works great with centrafuse and is compatible with all obdII protocols.
          Ditto. http://obd2allinone.com/

Originally posted by ShawJohn
          More info would help, car? year? etc
          Ditto.

My 1999 Nissan isn't!
          Really? Bummer. Where was the car assembled?
          :: Mark

Comment

i've tried two calbes. one is elm based, is working with other software than cf, but with less details. i've also tried a kl/kkl cable only for audi,vw,seat, works good with other software than cf, and absolutely not in cf. the reason is, that it's an absolutely different type of cable, which means, protocol is in software, not like the elm in hardware.

Comment

MAKE SURE IT WILL WORK WITH YOU CAR THOUGH OR YOU'LL BE WASTING YOUR MONEY!!!
              I have just received the USB model within 48 hours, +23 euros for customs ().

But it seems not to work with my 98' 1.6l petrol peugeot!!!

DOMMAGE!
              New prototype : 2DIN AUDI OEM-LIKE CARPC based on SYMPHONY II
              Motorized InDash Screen, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, SSD

Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V1
              Home Made In-Dash 7" Lilliput V2 = LM-Lilliput Prototype

First project in Peugeot 306

Comment

So basically if we have OBD1 we're screwed?

Comment

Originally posted by L-U-R-C-H
                  OBD I was never really a standard, so interfacing to it is a real headache. There are stand-alone readers out there, but they're very expensive. I've never seen a module for OBD I like we're talking about for OBD II.
                  :: Mark

Comment

The OP has a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe, so I'm pretty sure it will have OBDII, most likely the ISO version.

As far as I'm aware, the only officially supported OBDII cable is the ScanTool.com ELMscan range. Don't spend extra money on the expensive one they push on their front page that does all 3 variants of OBDII (unless you plan on changing your car regularly) get the ELMscan 3 in the correct variant for your car.

Also I can confirm that the OpenPort cable from tactrix.com does NOT work with CentraFuse, so don't get that.

Comment

Originally posted by L-U-R-C-H
                      It all depends on the car. My Nissan 200SX S14a has a kind of proprietry OBD1 interface called Consult. It is not fully OBD1, but non the less, certain clever peeps on the net have created an interface for it.

For those who wonder, mine came from PMSL developements, but Blatz ??? (spelling) do them also

Google Search IS your friend, and probably will be for a few hours

It took me some trial and error to find out the hard way that mine wasn't OBDII as I had been told a million times that every car sold after 1999 was OBD2 compliant by law! THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!
                      NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

It took me some trial and error to find out the hard way that mine wasn't OBDII as I had been told a million times that every car sold after 1999 was OBD2 compliant by law! THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!
                        Beginning in 1996 OBDII compliance was mandated in the United States, no doubt about it.. I dunno about the rest of the world.
                        Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Working...
                        X