Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car PC Newbie - Centrafuse Release?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Car PC Newbie - Centrafuse Release?

    Hi,

    Recently embarked on a project to install a PC in to my beloved Mitsubishi FTO - pretty much got all the bits working together on the bench now and have been looking at various Front Ends. Must say that Centrafuse is my pick so far, so I was wondering when the next 'real' release is due, how much it will cost etc.

    Happy for someone to point to me to another post if this question has been asked and answered before!

    Thanks in advance

  • #2
    The next release will be coming soon, I would wait... There are a few very annoying bugs in the current RC2 release...

    It will be available with full maps this Fall...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

    Comment


    • #3
      where can i find prices on each version?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by junglisitc View Post
        where can i find prices on each version?
        will be available on the website soon...

        david
        __________________
        CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
        01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
        M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

        Comment


        • #5
          What will the upgrade pricing be like?

          IOW, if I buy 1.0 do I get free upgrades forever? (like BeyondTV) Do I have to pay again to get 1.1, or if I buy 1.0 will 1.1, 1.4, 1.5 etc. be free and then I have to pay again for 2.x? Or wil it be a yearly "subscription" basis (like Stardock Object desktop)?

          Thanks,

          Brain21

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by brain21 View Post
            What will the upgrade pricing be like?

            IOW, if I buy 1.0 do I get free upgrades forever? (like BeyondTV) Do I have to pay again to get 1.1, or if I buy 1.0 will 1.1, 1.4, 1.5 etc. be free and then I have to pay again for 2.x? Or wil it be a yearly "subscription" basis (like Stardock Object desktop)?

            Thanks,

            Brain21
            The plan, which is not final, is you would not pay again until a major version change, until 2.X...

            note: and you would have lower prices for upgrades for existing customers as well from 1.X to 2.X

            david
            __________________
            CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
            01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
            M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

            Comment


            • #7
              I have object desktop!
              Planning {[][][][][][][][][][]} 100%
              Funding {[][][][][][][][][][]} 100%
              Construction {[][][][][][][][][][]} 60%

              Comment


              • #8
                Is there any news on what the price will be and when the final release is?
                "soon" is getting pretty long

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Thijsie View Post
                  Is there any news on what the price will be and when the final release is?
                  "soon" is getting pretty long
                  I remember David saying he was shooting for January or something like that. I wouldn't say it's real close to being done because features are being added still, but it looks and works better and better on every release. Even if it is a little buggy I still love using it and wouldn't use anything else
                  Carputer Progress:

                  Re-do fabrication of screen [DONE]
                  Add mini-USB and micro-USB power from M2-ATX [DONE]
                  Teardown PC [100%]
                  Add HDMI > VGA converter [0%]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fatejd View Post
                    I remember David saying he was shooting for January or something like that. I wouldn't say it's real close to being done because features are being added still, but it looks and works better and better on every release. Even if it is a little buggy I still love using it and wouldn't use anything else
                    jup, i`m using RR, but tried CF. Must say that both work pretty but the Release Candidates of CF are only working 30 days. I would say it should work atleast for 60 days, so there won`t be a day that your carpc tells you: "Trial expired"
                    (if there isn`t a new RC ofcourse )

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Thijsie View Post
                      jup, i`m using RR, but tried CF. Must say that both work pretty but the Release Candidates of CF are only working 30 days. I would say it should work atleast for 60 days, so there won`t be a day that your carpc tells you: "Trial expired"
                      (if there isn`t a new RC ofcourse )
                      just register on the site and get a serial number then you don't see that screen and it does work longer than 30 days...

                      david
                      __________________
                      CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                      01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                      M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        how do you register? i have been trying to find hte link forever!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hari-bhari View Post
                          how do you register? i have been trying to find hte link forever!
                          Just go to http://www.fluxmedia.net and click login or my account in the top right corner... There is a large button on that page that says New Account, click here if you don't have a Flux ID, setup a new account now.

                          david
                          __________________
                          CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                          01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                          M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            sweet so does this allow me to use it past 30 days??

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              yes...
                              MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

                              first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X