Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i add Speed Camera csv

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do i add Speed Camera csv

    As title says how do i add speed camera csv file in cetrafuse. What is the add menu?

    When i go to points of interest and hit the "+" button it sayd not possible?
    http://www.deathmedia.co.uk/car/sig.jpg

  • #2
    Originally posted by deathduck View Post
    As title says how do i add speed camera csv file in cetrafuse. What is the add menu?

    When i go to points of interest and hit the "+" button it sayd not possible?
    You hit the "+" in the favorites folder...

    Create a favorites folder called Speed Cams, make sure the right map with lat/longs for the CSV you are importing is loaded... Then hit "+", browse to file, and let it run... It can take a while depending on how big the file is...

    The problem is it's not 100% complete... The next release will add the ability to alert, which is the whole point...

    someone might be able to tell where to edit the .dat file to turn the alert on... I'm waiting on Destinator...

    david
    __________________
    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

    Comment


    • #3
      again david thanks for this and thanks for the bug fix for the gps voice being able to go off now, some of my clients thought that might be an issue!

      Any news on the uk beta testing?
      http://www.deathmedia.co.uk/car/sig.jpg

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by deathduck View Post
        again david thanks for this and thanks for the bug fix for the gps voice being able to go off now, some of my clients thought that might be an issue!

        Any news on the uk beta testing?
        coming soon, all will be posted on the flux forums...

        finishing up the downloader for the large maps, private beta testers will see map links under their my account page and a downloader to transfer them to your machine...

        more details soon...

        david
        __________________
        CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
        01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
        M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

        Comment


        • #5
          ok tried this thismorning and got an invalid file format error? I thought it would import csv files into the fav menu?
          http://www.deathmedia.co.uk/car/sig.jpg

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by deathduck View Post
            ok tried this thismorning and got an invalid file format error? I thought it would import csv files into the fav menu?
            The file has to be in the proper format... I used the same format that map monkey uses, the files you get from gpspassion.com... The first line is the headers, then the data starts with type, name, long, lat, etc... it's a certain format...

            maybe in the future I will support other formats, but this was the only one I knew about at the time...

            david
            __________________
            CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
            01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
            M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

            Comment


            • #7
              David can you point me in the direction of a csv file which would work so I can see how it is formatted. Thanks

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hatton920 View Post
                David can you point me in the direction of a csv file which would work so I can see how it is formatted. Thanks
                You can google it and fine tons, but I think I meant to say the site:

                http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras

                Here is an example of the format, it's the same other GPS softwares on mp3car used, you could search these forums as well and find tons of information and files...

                Code:
                Type,Longitude,Latitude,Name,Speed
                "MOBILE","-1.41791","52.32594","1","0"
                "MOBILE","-1.04597","51.45426","10","0"
                "MOBILE","-4.28974","51.8189","100","0"
                "GATSO","-1.39172","53.25751","1000","0"
                "GATSO","-1.38327","53.25888","1001","0"
                "GATSO","-1.36801","53.26044","1002","0"
                "GATSO","-1.35931","53.2644","1003","0"
                david
                __________________
                CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by veetid View Post
                  You can google it and fine tons, but I think I meant to say the site:

                  http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras

                  Here is an example of the format, it's the same other GPS softwares on mp3car used, you could search these forums as well and find tons of information and files...

                  Code:
                  Type,Longitude,Latitude,Name,Speed
                  "MOBILE","-1.41791","52.32594","1","0"
                  "MOBILE","-1.04597","51.45426","10","0"
                  "MOBILE","-4.28974","51.8189","100","0"
                  "GATSO","-1.39172","53.25751","1000","0"
                  "GATSO","-1.38327","53.25888","1001","0"
                  "GATSO","-1.36801","53.26044","1002","0"
                  "GATSO","-1.35931","53.2644","1003","0"
                  david
                  Hi
                  I paid for the pocketgpsworld subscription and the csv file format is different to what you have above.

                  GATSO:[email protected] Pocket GPS World (c) 2006 -2.17788 50.68304
                  GATSO:[email protected] Pocket GPS World (c) 2006 -2.09934 50.70723
                  GATSO:[email protected] Pocket GPS World (c) 2006 -2.08936 53.5027
                  GATSO:[email protected] Pocket GPS World (c) 2006 -0.11078 52.02661
                  GATSO:[email protected] Pocket GPS World (c) 2006 -0.39579 51.5215

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by clarkie View Post
                    Hi
                    I paid for the pocketgpsworld subscription and the csv file format is different to what you have above.

                    GATSO:[email protected] Pocket GPS World (c) 2006 -2.17788 50.68304
                    GATSO:[email protected] Pocket GPS World (c) 2006 -2.09934 50.70723
                    GATSO:[email protected] Pocket GPS World (c) 2006 -2.08936 53.5027
                    GATSO:[email protected] Pocket GPS World (c) 2006 -0.11078 52.02661
                    GATSO:[email protected] Pocket GPS World (c) 2006 -0.39579 51.5215
                    I don't know much about it, I don't nor ever will use speed camera's... I used the same format as map monkey, for compatibility and I figured it was a standard...

                    all the files our on his website...

                    david
                    __________________
                    CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                    M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      just tried this with the map monkey download of the uk speedcams and when I select the file and hit ok it just shows an empty favorites screen and no speedcams imported.

                      nevermind I had the file open with excel as well and it must have locked it. All importing now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by veetid View Post
                        You can google it and fine tons, but I think I meant to say the site:

                        http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras

                        Here is an example of the format, it's the same other GPS softwares on mp3car used, you could search these forums as well and find tons of information and files...

                        Code:
                        Type,Longitude,Latitude,Name,Speed
                        "MOBILE","-1.41791","52.32594","1","0"
                        "MOBILE","-1.04597","51.45426","10","0"
                        "MOBILE","-4.28974","51.8189","100","0"
                        "GATSO","-1.39172","53.25751","1000","0"
                        "GATSO","-1.38327","53.25888","1001","0"
                        "GATSO","-1.36801","53.26044","1002","0"
                        "GATSO","-1.35931","53.2644","1003","0"
                        david
                        David, can you provide a correct file that actually works?!? That code is not correct.

                        After getting "incorrect file format" message on all files I have found, all made for MapMonkey and identical format to your code, I tried making a file with your code and get the same message

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cirion View Post
                          David, can you provide a correct file that actually works?!? That code is not correct.

                          After getting "incorrect file format" message on all files I have found, all made for MapMonkey and identical format to your code, I tried making a file with your code and get the same message
                          ask hatton920 where he got his files, they seemed to work for him... I wrote it based on file format I posted, so not sure what the problem is unless your saving to a weird text format I can't read or something...

                          david
                          __________________
                          CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                          01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                          M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I pasted the text into notepad and saved, after that renamed the file to speedcams.csv and tried to import it.

                            What kind of weird text format are you using

                            It really cant be simpler than a comma separated file as you are using, a comma is used as field separator and "" are used as text qualificator.... So how about testing this yourself? You are either using a different format, or something is wrong with RC4.

                            If someone has a working file for RC4 please post it.

                            I have attached a working mapmonkey csv file for MapMonkey. It is the same format as you have posted but it does not work in RC4.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cirion View Post
                              I pasted the text into notepad and saved, after that renamed the file to speedcams.csv and tried to import it.

                              What kind of weird text format are you using

                              It really cant be simpler than a comma separated file as you are using, a comma is used as field separator and "" are used as text qualificator.... So how about testing this yourself? You are either using a different format, or something is wrong with RC4.

                              If someone has a working file for RC4 please post it.

                              I have attached a working mapmonkey csv file for MapMonkey. It is the same format as you have posted but it does not work in RC4.

                              Do you have a error.log? It might be the ending character of the file and I didn't check for it...

                              See if there is an empty line at the bottom of the file...

                              david
                              __________________
                              CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                              01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                              M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X