Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OBDII Plugin Changes/Fixes - BETA Testers Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OBDII Plugin Changes/Fixes - BETA Testers Needed

    Hello all,

    I am working on the current OBDII plugin trying to resolve some of the past reported issues that some users have experienced. Please help fix the OBDII plugin by testing the updated obdii.dll file (posted below) and posting back any issues or suggestions.

    EDIT: 6/9/2007 (Build 7, 9:30AM)
    * Added support for handling "SEARCHING..." responses from ECU.
    * Improved receiveComData() code
    * PID 0x1C now only sent once, that's all that's needed.
    * Screen labels now only update when screen is visible.

    EDIT: 6/6/2007 (Build 6)
    * Added timestamps to logging routine for easier debugging of user problems.

    EDIT: 6/6/2007 (Build 5)
    * Added another small fix to MIL processing code.
    * Fixed logging routine that was broken in last build.

    EDIT: 6/4/2007 #2 (Build 4)
    * Added support for reading more than 2 message responses from 1 PID request.
    * Added support for clearing DTC's. It really works now!
    * Info box popup when clearing DTC's showing error or success
    * Added processing support for PID Group 2, not used
    * Added processing support for PID Group 3, not used
    * Improved MIL handling

    EDIT: 6/4/2007 (Build 3)
    * Improved current code for reading MIL status

    EDIT: 6/3/2007 (Build 2)
    * First attempt to read multiple messages from multiple ECU's per PID (2 max)
    - Tested and working in a '06 CTS with 2 ECU's
    * More code cleanup
    * Fixed issue in handling of ECU prompts
    * Added more debug tracing for diagnosing user problems
    * Added code to clear log file when back from hibernation
    * Modified code to possibly ease burst CPU usage

    6/1/2007 (Build 1)
    * First updated release
    * Major changes and cleanup for better performance, save copy of original obdii.dll before using
    * Fixed issues in reading fragmented vehicle responses
    * Fixed issue with some PID's incorrectly being reported as unsupported

    EDIT: 6/9/2007 (Known Issues)
    * Report of connection made but no readings
    * Reports of MIL coming on/off intermittently when no DTC's are stored
    * Reports that on AutoConnect, connection drops after 10-20 minutes
    * Reports of plugin not working when coming out of hibernation
    * Reports of sporradic serial port disconnect
    * Reports of taking up to 2 minutes to populate all sensors with data
    * Logs showing "SEARCHING..." respnse, not handled by application

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The download is a ZIP file containing only the file obdii.dll. Place this file into the c:\Program Files\Centrafuse\Plugins\OBDII directory, make a backup of your original incase the updated version does not work for you.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NOTE: When dropping this in, be sure that if you want to keep the original DLL around, then you need to rename it to something like "obdii_v114.dll.xxx". If you use "obdii_v114.dll", then CF will load BOTH DLLs but only one will get the COM port. If the new one happens to be the one to get shafted, then it will not work. THANKS TO MIDIWALL for that tip...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------- DOWNLOAD LINK ------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.scottpm.com/cf/plugins/obdii-dll.zip
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Thanks...
    http://www.fluxmedia.net/

  • #2
    Release 2 OBDII.dll with multi-message support. See Post #1 for details...
    http://www.fluxmedia.net/

    Comment


    • #3
      Updated DLL - Release 3

      Release 3 OBDII.dll with improved code to read MIL status. Anyone having trouble with MIL on when it shouldn't be please try this release... Any problems please post your Plugins/OBDII/log.txt file back to me... See Post #1 for details...
      http://www.fluxmedia.net/

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey man, would this plugin allow me to use an Accessport Cable and directly access the ECU info without the actual need of an OBD-2 Scanner ? That is my dream...because I can do it with other software...but to make it work in Centrafuse, I need the scanner. When I bought and tested an ELM scanner - I found its performance completely unsatisfactory.

        We are talking about a Subaru Legacy GT 2005 and my question addresses anyone with a Legacy 05-06; WRX and STi 2002-2006.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by f1anatic View Post
          Hey man, would this plugin allow me to use an Accessport Cable and directly access the ECU info without the actual need of an OBD-2 Scanner ? That is my dream...because I can do it with other software...but to make it work in Centrafuse, I need the scanner. When I bought and tested an ELM scanner - I found its performance completely unsatisfactory.
          We are talking about a Subaru Legacy GT 2005 and my question addresses anyone with a Legacy 05-06; WRX and STi 2002-2006.
          Sorry, no, you need an ELM based device to work with this plugin.
          http://www.fluxmedia.net/

          Comment


          • #6
            Updated DLL - Build 7

            Updated build, see post #1 for details. Added support for processing "SEARCHING..." response which seems to come from older model vehicles.
            http://www.fluxmedia.net/

            Comment


            • #7
              I would love the plug-in to support the br-3 device. A lot of people have this device...

              Dwaine
              2003 Black Impala

              Comment


              • #8
                I have a VW Jetta. I believe the controller I bought uses KWP-2000. Will Centrafuse's obdii software work with this?

                If not, should i buy something else? If so, what?

                Thanks in advance, this is a confusing subject for me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mscappa View Post
                  I have a VW Jetta. I believe the controller I bought uses KWP-2000. Will Centrafuse's obdii software work with this?

                  If not, should i buy something else? If so, what?

                  Thanks in advance, this is a confusing subject for me.
                  you need an ELM based device...

                  david
                  __________________
                  CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                  01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                  M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hello MSCAPPA,
                    KWP-2000 is one of the protocols of OBD-II standard, there is also CAN, ISO, PWM.....

                    As long as you buy an ELM-based device with KWP-2000 support for your vehicle, you will be ok.
                    F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

                    Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      smeesseman and/or veetid, i just got my Elmscan ISO USB (elm323) today and hooked it up.
                      the problem is that the obdII plugin cannot connect to the ecu. it communicated back and forth a couple times (lights on the unit), but never connects and gives up after about 30 seconds.
                      however, the scantool program works just fine, no problems. i have the plugin set up exactly like the scantool program is set up, com4 baud 9600.
                      i even tried launching the scantool program from CF... works fine. no dice for the plugin though
                      my elmscan firmware is revision 2.0 if that helps... car is '06 subaru impreza
                      any ideas?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Lithoss View Post
                        smeesseman and/or veetid, i just got my Elmscan ISO USB (elm323) today and hooked it up.
                        the problem is that the obdII plugin cannot connect to the ecu. it communicated back and forth a couple times (lights on the unit), but never connects and gives up after about 30 seconds.
                        however, the scantool program works just fine, no problems. i have the plugin set up exactly like the scantool program is set up, com4 baud 9600.
                        i even tried launching the scantool program from CF... works fine. no dice for the plugin though
                        my elmscan firmware is revision 2.0 if that helps... car is '06 subaru impreza
                        any ideas?
                        make sure you do not have navigation set to COM4... You can also enable logging in OBDII and post the log for more information...

                        david
                        __________________
                        CENTRAFUSE http://www.centrafuse.com
                        01 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Installed
                        M10000/512Mb/20GB, Lilliput 7", Holux GM-210

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          nav is COM3. i know its not a problem with the obdii interfering or getting interfered w/ because the scantool program works fine with everything else running.... but the plugin doesn't work no matter what.

                          I'll have the log either after lunch when i can run out to my car (i love my carpc muhaha) or after work.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well, i got bored so here is the log. i also threw in the config.xml (rename to .txt so i could upload it) for good measure.

                            note that this is with the beta obdii.dll in this thread... before that i tried the dll that came with 2.0 of CF (not sure if they were the same one or not).. same result....

                            the log looks like it cant communicate past the device ID query....
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Lithoss View Post
                              Well, i got bored so here is the log. i also threw in the config.xml (rename to .txt so i could upload it) for good measure.

                              note that this is with the beta obdii.dll in this thread... before that i tried the dll that came with 2.0 of CF (not sure if they were the same one or not).. same result....

                              the log looks like it cant communicate past the device ID query....
                              I will look into this when I get a chance. Your obdii is reporting an error when sending the ATSI command. I'll get back to you within a few days...

                              EDIT:
                              The Elm323 Spec states that the ATSI command must be sent for initialization. However in your case when we send this command we are receiving a bus init error. I will build you a test plugin that will bypass this init command to see what results you get, keep watching the thread I'll post a download link when I have time to recompile everything...
                              http://www.fluxmedia.net/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X