Plug In Request Visteon Zoom HDZ300 Receiver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug In Request Visteon Zoom HDZ300 Receiver

I just received and installed the Visteon HD radio with the serial link cable and the PC Software. This is the HD radio solution for car PCs. Great reception, skinnable interface, easy pass through antenna installation with your current car antenna, just to name a few pros. I have tried Radio extreme, silabs, and ADS radio modules, and this is light years ahead as far as performance and easy installation.

It works great as an application within Centrafuse, but would be even better as an integrated plugin. I have no programing experience and it would be great if someone could develop a plugin for this.

Here is a link to where I purchased the package: http://76.27.122.50/index.htm#Receiver

You can embed the application that you can get on the website. I embed the application and can use the HD radio tuner with in Centrafuse.

I would love to see native support for this tuner. It's the best tuner so far for even analog FM/AM tuning.

Dwaine
    2003 Black Impala

Comment

we are working to create an HD Radio plugin, it will actually be a new radio module...

started working on this yesterday actually... will post more once we know...

david

Comment

i bought my Visteon, awaiting the HD Plugin........ Also, just to throw in...any plugin in the works for Sling Player? Seems more and more people are starting to use that.
        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
        4X MK808b
        3x Perixx Touchpads
        3x 7 inch Screens
        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

HD Radio plugin is finished and will be in the next release...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post

david
            way to go David!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So what other features are you working on? Any slider bars for advancing music? Also pleaseeeeeeeeee make a Sling Player plugin!?!?!?!?!?!
            Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
            4X MK808b
            3x Perixx Touchpads
            3x 7 inch Screens
            1X 7 inch motorized Screen
            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post

david
              Way cool... HD Radio in Cf... Now Ipod
              2004 Sport Trac PC Project.

Comment

I am using the Visteon HD radio, and I can't seem to get any FM stations. I have the factory Honda antenna plugged in.

Does this need a better antenna?

Comment

It should not need another antenna. I even get some stations with no antenna plugged in. This may sound simple, but make sure you have your Honda antenna plugged into the antenna-in socket of the HD radio. You then use the antenna-out to run the pass through antenna cable over to your Honda radio.

Comment

pearl what kind of honda do you have i have the Ridgeline, and had trouble getting my after market head unit to get stations, with the built in honda antenna.... hopefully i dont when i get the hd radio.

Comment

David...is this HD radio plugin meant to be used with Mitch's cable?

Comment

Originally posted by WuNgUn View Post
                        David...is this HD radio plugin meant to be used with Mitch's cable?
                        Yes, or any cable that converts the output of the Visteon unit to serial cable (which for the most part, the output of the Visteon is a COM port with a different pinout).
                        My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Bladder View Post
                          I just received and installed the Visteon HD radio with the serial link cable and the PC Software. This is the HD radio solution for car PCs. Great reception, skinnable interface, easy pass through antenna installation with your current car antenna, just to name a few pros. I have tried Radio extreme, silabs, and ADS radio modules, and this is light years ahead as far as performance and easy installation.
                          Here is a link to where I purchased the package: http://76.27.122.50/index.htm#Receiver
                          I'm glad to hear this is a good receiver. I picked one up on ebay for under $30 which I thought was an AWESOME deal, considering the cheapest on froogle.com was over $100. I'm going to install it this weekend to make sure it turns on and works and then buy a serial interface cable from Mitch.

BTW, your link seems to be dead. Maybe its my school proxy or something.
                          monkey stole my pen

My Worklog

Comment

Looking forward in testing it out. Thanks..
                            2003 Black Impala

Comment

I also got my Visteon unit on Ebay, 50 bucks at the time, great deal. The reception is not 100% flawless, but it is leaps and bounds above any of the other hardware solutions including a Silabs stick with the antenna mod. I only have 3 HD channels in my area right now, but boy do they sound awesome.

For anyone who hasn't bought a cable yet from Mitch, make sure to get one of the latest run from him... he's made a change to the original design which fixes an issue (which I have unfortunately) that give a bad static-thump when you start up the unit. I still have to talk to him to find out how to do the mod myself.
                              My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

Working...
                              X