Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrate IGO or Garmin Mobile into Centrafuse

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum but not overly new to the world of carcomputers. I have been working on some little Scripts using AutoIT that although NOT a plugin allow the use of IGO or Garmin Navigation from with in centrafuse in the same manner a plugin would.

I'll post the Garmin stuff here because I figure its the most popular and start the IGO stuff in another thread so tihngs don't get mixed up.

To see what i'm on about I have made a short video demonstrating it here:
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU1yYSZPLwI[/media]

A Video of me installing it is here:
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejxTqmSICUc[/media]

You can Download it here:
    http://savefile.com/projects/808694241

A Readme is included as well.

The Scripts work by tracking the Mouse around the screen and dymanically changing the window properties (Minimise, Restore, Always on Top Property and so on) depending on what you are trying to do. Like I said its not a plugin but possibly the next best thing I have searched the internet and could not find anything like this.

I have also built in a On screen keyboard you can turn on and off by clicking the Garmin Text in the title bar, because I don't think Garmin Mobile PC has one.

The source code is included, it was Compiled using AutoIT Version 3.

Unfortunatly I can only promise it will work in 800x600 with the ONYX or a skin based on it the other one CF comes with doesn't work 100% the way it is but am happy to work on it more. I anticipate problems will be encountered with other resolutions. And of course the more programming oriented people on here can tweak it as well.

Garmin Mobile PC is a great program, This should help out people who can't get maps for Iguidance. Have fun.

Nice work. I've been thinking of switching from iGuidance to Garmin so your script is further incentive.

Comment

It's very good. Can you set layout with 4 line of keyboard becouse I use Thai Language.It must have 4 line,And can you set in 1024x768 mode too.
      Thank you. (with Good program)

Comment

I think the keyboard is not needed anymore, cf 2.0 addresses this
        by the way great work, really
        if only I could actually SEE my map.. I always get black screen in garmin mobilepc.. will try
        EDIT
        ok got it, now it works
        I really hope to see a plugin for this.. sometime
        again, great work, it made mobilepc usable on my system
        thanks a lot
        Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
        Celeron 1.2ghz
        256mb DDR-2 533
        80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
        Sb Live 5.1 w/ KXProject Drivers
        M2-ATX
        8" Lilliput TS LCD

100% installed and working :D

Comment

How did you do the Star Trek Next Generation looking interface?

Comment

Good idia..

Your program Very good ..I wait for long ago.. Because When i add external program myprogram was not always ontop .Can I change language keyboard Please suggest me..

Thank you very much..

Comment

does this have to be used only in 2.0? I'm still on 1.47, I can get garmin to load, but it isn't embeded and loads at the wrong place. My skin is 800x600 so I didn't need to modify the .reg

Comment

Awesome!

This is exactly what I was thinking I would need to get GMPC working just right in CF. I love the feature that minimizes GMPC when you click through to CF options. The keyboard is also better than the integrated CF one because you can still see GMPC as you type. I can't wait to get this installed. Great work!

Comment

would it be possible to cover the CF titlebar to gain space for the map? I tried to mod your coordinates with no luck
                  Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
                  Celeron 1.2ghz
                  256mb DDR-2 533
                  80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
                  M2-ATX
                  8" Lilliput TS LCD

Comment

Awesome, looks cool.

I think even though CF has it's own keyboard this is still better as you can see it as you type rather than having to type it all in then sending to Garmin....... makes much more sense considering Garmin searches as you type for locations....... I'll give it a go and report back....... looks just perfect though.

Thanks heaps for your efforts mate, they're much appreciated by many people I can assure you.

Comment

i modded the coordinates so as i can still access the media buttons, but have you gotten around to fixing it to work with the aura skin? what happens is a bit after garmin loads, the bottom portion where the media buttons would be go blank.

Comment

perilous, I was wondering, can you clarify a little bit how to customize your script to set the position/size of garmin mobilepc window (and keyboard) please? I'm trying to adapt it to run on my configuration but I'm not sure how to start, can you explait those top bottom top2 bottom2 values please? I'm thinking about using variables to set those coordinates, and get those variable using a defined ratio of the screen resolution in order to make the script work on every resolution
                        can you elaborate a little on your scripts? thanks a lot (and, good work I must say)
                        Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
                        Celeron 1.2ghz
                        256mb DDR-2 533
                        80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
                        M2-ATX
                        8" Lilliput TS LCD

Comment

Seems to work o.k. for me on the Aura skin at 800x600. Awesome work Perilous, much appreciated. Now if only we could attenuate music when Garmin Speaks

Comment

Perilous and others having success with this utility, what version of GMPC are you running? I updated to the latest version (5.05 released Oct 2nd), and then installed your utility, but I am having problems. It has been very inconsistent, but it seems that the GMPC window does not have a name. When I use your ShowTitleApp utility to get the name for GMPC, the the message box is blank. I downloaded the AutoIT app and took a look at the source code. It seems that when the $CurrentPos array attempts to get assigned, it does not work since the window title is blank (maybe?) so that later in the code when it tries to pull from the array (i.e. $CurrentPos[0]) an error is thrown since the variable is not an array yet. Even if I hard code values where $CurrentPos is used, results are inconsistent. Ultimately, it seems that the GarminCentrafuseHelper.exe is not getting started, or if it does, it closes immediately.

The really odd thing is that sometimes it does work......although never from within CF. I have gotten it working outisde of CF a few times, but I can't say why.

I wonder if the 5.05 update from Garmin changed the app so that the window title is blank, or inconsistent?

Beware the update to GMPC (maybe?). Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

I Just updated garmin to 5.0.50 and works perfectly, no problems at all
                              did you check GarminCentrafuseHelperApps.reg ? there are a couple of values to tweak, such as directory, exe and appname.. also remember to execute also keyboard.reg
                              Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
                              Celeron 1.2ghz
                              256mb DDR-2 533
                              80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
                              M2-ATX
                              8" Lilliput TS LCD

Comment

Working...
                              X