Web Browser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Browser

Here is a screenshot of the web browser plugin...

david
    Attached Files

Lookin good.

Thanks for the hard work David
    Life moves fast, so don't get left behind, buy a fast car!

Comment

Sweeeet!
      2002 Honda CR-V
      Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
      Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
      ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Very Nice!!!
        2002 Mitsubishi Galant
        Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
        Via M10K
        512mb Ram
        60GB HDD
        Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
        OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

So does it have horizontal "fit in screen" option? (scaling images and such)... Browser in Nokia 9500 works this way... and i think its damn good approach for relatively low resolution screens (which i bet most of u have)

Comment

holy ****!!! Thats even better than IE!!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by P3rv3rt B3ar
              So does it have horizontal "fit in screen" option? (scaling images and such)... Browser in Nokia 9500 works this way... and i think its damn good approach for relatively low resolution screens (which i bet most of u have)
              AFAIK the only browser that actualy scales a webpage and not just the text and does it the rightway no matter what site you are at is OPERA and also the only browser company that is actually codeing there browsers to support small screens. I know embeding IE is the easiest approach but also the hardest to read on small screens without jacking up the page layout in the process.

nice plugin btw, looks very clean
              01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
              01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
              mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke
                AFAIK the only browser that actualy scales a webpage and not just the text and does it the rightway no matter what site you are at is OPERA and also the only browser company that is actually codeing there browsers to support small screens. I know embeding IE is the easiest approach but also the hardest to read on small screens without jacking up the page layout in the process.

nice plugin btw, looks very clean
                Yes, i think u r right. One in 9500 is as far as i know Opera derivate. But i dont think browser like that is too hard to code. Ofcourse just to implement that into plugin isn't worth of trouble...

But is part of much larger open question ive been pondering... how to make touchscreen friendly browser (well especially how to make text links touchscreen friendly)...any ideas? cause who knows i might be interested to do implementing, if we just can solve this UI problem.

Comment

Yes, i think u r right. One in 9500 is as far as i know Opera derivate. But i dont think browser like that is too hard to code. Ofcourse just to implement that into plugin isn't worth of trouble...

But is part of much larger open question ive been pondering... how to make touchscreen friendly browser (well especially how to make text links touchscreen friendly)...any ideas? cause who knows i might be interested to do implementing, if we just can solve this UI problem.

text links arent a problem to click on a touch screen using OPERA, you have full control on how the page scales and the fonts without messing up the pagelayout. The only problem is all the buttons in OPERA take up way too much space on a 7in monitor, its a little more bareable when you turn everything off, but you still have the add baner which is pain.
                  01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                  01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                  http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                  mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke
                    text links arent a problem to click on a touch screen using OPERA, you have full control on how the page scales and the fonts without messing up the pagelayout. The only problem is all the buttons in OPERA take up way too much space on a 7in monitor, its a little more bareable when you turn everything off, but you still have the add baner which is pain.
                    I wasnt speaking about using ready made browser... but scouting and brainstorming best features and coding new one.

Well mayby its more about text links aesthecity than usability in touch screen... but somehow i dont consider them belonging to "touchscreen field" so to say. but its not problem when u code new browser u can make them look anyway u want... but it is the brilliant idea how they would work in touch screen browser what i am hoping for.

Comment

Coding a browser is hard work for a hundred people, much less just a few. Wouldn't it be easier to take the firefox source and add to it?
                      2002 Grand Am progress :
                      [] - 80%
                      ...complete setup, but still need to make the install cleaner

Comment

Originally posted by mercury7
                        Coding a browser is hard work for a hundred people, much less just a few. Wouldn't it be easier to take the firefox source and add to it?
                        U r right, in case that 99 of the workers write documents and one is coding.

Otherwise coding a browser with basic functionality... would take about a week for skilled professional.

Theres nothing hard to it.

What is hard... is try to go after somebodys elses messy code and try to figure it out.

Comment

U r right, in case that 99 of the workers write documents and one is coding.

Otherwise coding a browser with basic functionality... would take about a week for skilled professional.

Theres nothing hard to it.

What is hard... is try to go after somebodys elses messy code and try to figure it out.
                          You can write a fully functional browser "from scratch" in 1 week? Now any programmer can write a simple app to display html, but that's not a modern web browser, but more like a simple entry level class example... And any programmer can wrap another browser, again not writing one... A fully functional web browser needs to support all the latest w3 standards for html and CSS... It would need full Javascript compatiblity, XML, Flash, and support embedded objects... that's naming just a small handfull of the stuff you will have to implement... it would take multiple people a long time to write a browser from scratch that you could use to browse all over the web and have all the pages display properly... not sure you realize what is involved...

note: I notice you did say basic functionality so lets say you just need to implement html, css, and javascript... still... very long time... reverse engineering javascript is a major task within itself... and simply displaying html is not a web browser.. you would have to call that a simple html display tool or something, but definetly not a web browser... basically useless... atleast IMOP...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid
                            You can write a fully functional browser "from scratch" in 1 week? Now any programmer can write a simple app to display html, but that's not a modern web browser, but more like a simple entry level class example... And any programmer can wrap another browser, again not writing one... A fully functional web browser needs to support all the latest w3 standards for html and CSS... It would need full Javascript compatiblity, XML, Flash, and support embedded objects... that's naming just a small handfull of the stuff you will have to implement... it would take multiple people a long time to write a browser from scratch that you could use to browse all over the web and have all the pages display properly... not sure you realize what is involved...

david

I was referring app like u put it "display html". Not full fledged industrial browser. The whole point would be investigate different kind of user agents (like they call browsers in HTML standard doc, if i remember correctly) in new kind of environments.... not to offer all those unnessary stuff.

But i can see that u guys r trying to say not invent the wheel again, but i have my own motives, the product wouldnt be important but the process. Investigating user agents in little different fresh environment, cause all the current browsers look pretty much like carved from same three... and if u bothered to read through your HTML standard. u notice how these folks r trying to make u think more abstract, braille browsers, n dimensional tables and so on. Why not also touchscreen friendly browser.

NOTE: I just want u to realise that im in no way critizicing your decision to wrap "IE" in centrafuse, on contrary i cant wait u to finish those new plugins and 1.5 so i can start coding for plugins also... have few nice ideas for new plugins and "touchscreen browser" is not top of the list.

Comment

it's all good... all I was saying is I think browsing in the car you do need javascript, flash, etc... a browser in a car can't be more basic then the one on my cellphone... with the SDK people will be able to write all kinds of applications including possibly a new idea towards touch screen web browsing...

david

Comment

Working...
                              X