Plug-in ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug-in ideas

This thread is meant to share those great ideas u have for CF plugin, if for some reason u cant implement it by uself, be it ineptness in programming, time issues, legal issues, or whatever. This is also for those highflying ideas which u considerer unimplementable, key is to release creativity.

Ok i guess i should start... Plugin is called:

Whos that slow jerk infront of me.

Machine vision utilizes digital cam on windshield or in front and uses OCR to read plate of car infront. Plug-in retrieves information related to plate number from DMV through internet. And displays all relevant data on display. That could include make and model of car (it could also display top speed, mass, and so on), name of owner, phone number of owner (just in case driver is hot chick).

Now i would reserve this idea to myself... but here in funland... although u can access all information i mentioned through net, its costy... well not much but if process would be automated... driving would cost lot more than gasoline... so this is better to be implemented in some other country where information is not only for rich and beautiful.

Comment

rear view webcam

Comment

simple database

I was looking for a plugin to controll a simple database..
        mostly for checking the hazmat placards...
        or even the nfpa identifiers
        you know the triangle with the 4 digit # in them..
        sometimes it's nice to know what trucks to stay FAR away from...
        simply "corrosive" for "flamable" just don't cut it..
        TechToy
        2005 Explorer
        Proudly using Centrafuse

DWW-700M + Sony XM-SD46S &
        pre-amp, XM100D
        and Icom PC1000
        Yaesu 7100M
        Kenwood TM-641

Comment

I'd like to see a plugin for the Zagat Database. Yum yum!!!

EDIT: There is a Palm version of the Zagat guide. Would be nice if you could read off those DB files!
          2002 Honda CR-V
          Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
          Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
          ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Wireless zero integration
            2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

Comment

PDF display

embedded PDF display!!

I've got a service manual for my car in PDF. It would be nice to have an embedded PDF reader.

Mark
              --
              1997 Acura 1.6 EL
              Ampie Case, Epia SP13000, 1G ram, 80g 2.5" HDD, Tripnav GPS, Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, M1-ATX

Comment

How about a plugin for satellite radio. Specifically I have XM radio with a directXM unit connected to a timetrax unit with timetrax software, it comes with a XM antenna so the music is from satellites, not from the internet. Anyhow the timetrax software displays the song info, etc etc. Check it out at www.timetraxtech.com

The timetrax software while functional, is very very ho hum. Would be nice to get the centrafuse interface with it.

Comment

I plan to build an XM plugin... not like timetrax though... there will be no recording... timetrax has caused some problems and has been rumored to have helped discontinue the development of all pc based sat radios... RIAA doesn't like it either...

david

Comment

Multiple Camera Facility!

I would love a feature to have a selection of up to 4 cameras and be able to view and record from all or any particular camera from the touch of a button. Maybe even include a security feature as well to leave running while you're out of the car?

Comment

If we were to purchase XM hardware to plan for your future XM plugin, what would you suggest? The timetrax hardware and software have been nothing but a waste of money so far.

Comment

How about a plug-in for Gas mileage calculation and logs? Or another for Vehicle Maintenance logs? I have a few of these apps on my Palm PDA. Same concept would be awesome in CF!
                        2002 Honda CR-V
                        Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                        Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                        ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Could you at least make sure the XM plugin was compatible with timetrax for listening to XM? A lot of us have timetrax and I would hate to waste the hardware.

Originally posted by veetid
                          I plan to build an XM plugin... not like timetrax though... there will be no recording... timetrax has caused some problems and has been rumored to have helped discontinue the development of all pc based sat radios... RIAA doesn't like it either...

david

Comment

Originally posted by spinedoc
                            Could you at least make sure the XM plugin was compatible with timetrax for listening to XM? A lot of us have timetrax and I would hate to waste the hardware.
                            timetrax is software... it might come with hardware, but I was just referring to the software...

I assume my XM plugin will work with most all the hardware, unless there are some very different implementations of the hardware... I haven't done any research into XM yet really... I was just saying I will not have recording and timeshifting to make sure I don't make anyone mad...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid

david
                              What rumor? Everyone knows it was TimeTrax that caused the original XMPCR to be discontinued. No rumor to it.

Also let me sell my $50 PCR for $300.. though now that I have a CarPC, I could've actually used it..

Comment

Working...
                              X