Is this plugin possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this plugin possible?

Is it possible from a plug-in stand point to make it alert you when certian coordinates on the map are passed?

Map Monkey has a similar plugin for it and I thought it was cool. Your program is going to be more mainstream and we need to collectively move those great ideas into your software so I was curious about that feature.

So like lets say your house was 200 , 90 it could then say "welcome home mr anderson"

Or

hahha " that free hotspot you found the otherday is in range"

Or

"**** man slow down you got a ticket here last time"

So basicly from the plug-in side I need to be able to do two things.

1) Get coordinates from the gps
    2) Execute code, play wav files and or run scripts when specific corridents are reached
    2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

I think David needs to think of a way to capture the GPS NMEA data at a low-level, and make that 'stream' available to plug-in coders via the API. David?
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

I am also interested in trying to make the daily logs of my driving trips. Here is a screen shot of this in map monkey. Also shows where you can say if I am -/+ this much off from the exact corrident it will activate a command.

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

No responce to this?

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

what's a "corrident"?
          My install log
          My "selling entire system" thread

Comment

I meant "coordinates"....

I was in left field that day i dunno...

what's a "corrident"------

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

This sounds like the POI application for Medion Navigator (some pocket PC thing)
              If anyone does implement this, please make it take TomTom .ov2 files as you can download huge lists of POIs from variou sites. If you're in the UK, you can get Speed Camera lists this way

Comment

Making it read files like that shouldn't be all that hard I am still waiting for the gps functions from david. I wonder if there is a good source of speed traps POI's for the USA?

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Lum you are right about the poi thing sounding like the medion navigator it is because the medion uses a cloned version of destinator so essentially it is the same as map monkey. you can get the downloads for speed cameras etc for these but you have to get the .csv files from somewhere like pocketgps.com.

the feature suggested would be great for me as my road is not on any maps as it is only a lane/track and so all my journeys start with "route recalculation" which is a tad annoying!

Comment

Working...
                  X