Auto volume on startup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto volume on startup

Hi, here is an Auto Volume on startup plugin.
    It puts volume to preset value on startup. Handy in sleepy mornings

stric: good job. Are you taking requests for other plugins? I have a few simple ones in mind.
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

You can tell, but first I must work on Calendar, and maybe scientific version of Calc(not soon). And I have a lot of work for school right now, so...

Comment

Would you be willing to take on a slightly larger project? I would provide a ton of help with skins, images, layout, design...

This one: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62630
        2002 Honda CR-V
        Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
        Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
        ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Does this work on resume from hibernate too?

If so I'll have to get this to solve the full volume on startup issue I've been having

Comment

Hmm, I am not sure cause I am not using hibernate, but I don't think it will work. If you try let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by stric View Post
              Hmm, I am not sure cause I am not using hibernate, but I don't think it will work. If you try let me know.
              This could easily be added to this plugin quickly... You can add an on/off button in settings that says whether to apply on resume from hibernation...

Then there is an easy event for you to add to the plugin that lets you know when Centrafuse is resuming were you can place the exact code you run when the plugin starts...

david

Comment

David, could you tell me what is called when system is resuming? Or at least give me some directions. (I couldn't find anything useable in SDK help)

Comment

Originally posted by stric View Post
                  David, could you tell me what is called when system is resuming? Or at least give me some directions. (I couldn't find anything useable in SDK help)
                  It's just one of the CF Events...

Place this in CF_pluginInit():

this.CF_Event_powerModeChanged += new Microsoft.Win32.PowerModeChangedEventHandler(obdii _CF_Event_powerModeChanged);

Then put this function somewhere:

private void volume_CF_Event_powerModeChanged(object sender, Microsoft.Win32.PowerModeChangedEventArgs e)
                  {
                  if(e.Mode == Microsoft.Win32.PowerModes.Resume)
                  {
                  //run code to adjust volume here
                  }
                  }

There are other members of that enumeration such as PowerModes.Standby, etc... So you can do things when it is going down or coming back up...

david

Comment

Thanks David.

On the link in first post should be new version which has option for setting volume on resume. I think it should work on resuming from Stand by and Hibernate. I have some problems with setting my machine to Standby, so let me know if it is not working.

stric

Comment

Any chance you could edit this to have an auto volume up on startup? Not sure if it would be too tough to implement, but I would like to have it start at 0 and gradually go up to a certain value after 5 or 10 seconds. I would really like the plugin as it is, but I use my HU's volume, not the software's volume adjustment.
                      Carputer Progress:

Re-do fabrication of screen [DONE]
                      Add mini-USB and micro-USB power from M2-ATX [DONE]
                      Teardown PC [100%]
                      Add HDMI > VGA converter [0%]

Comment

I too would like this feature, so long as it worked on resume from hibernate.

If nothing else it would cure the bloody annoying full volume on resume from hibernate bug that I've been complaining about since 1.6

Note: It may have been fixed in RC3 or RC4. I don't know because my car has been stolen.

Comment

I think it should work when resuming from hibernating. Could you try and let me know?

And I am sorry for your car. If there would be something we could do to prevent our cars from being stolen...

Comment

i just downloaded and used this plugin, but the gps volume threw me off a bit. i was hoping for something that would allow you to adjust your volume to whatever level you like, and then if your speed increased or decreased after that, the volume would adjust accordingly. the way it is now basically has fixed volumes based on given speeds. i was thinking to set up 5 thresholds like you have now, 0-10, 10-30, 30-50, 50-70, and 70+. as the gps speed passes through each of these thresholds, you could just do +/- 5 of current volume to have it adjust dynamically. that way, if im at volume 50 going 25mph, then as soon as i cross into 30-50, i'd be at volume 55. if i then choose to turn it up a little more, lets say to volume 60, and then decrease my speed back down to 25mph, my new volume would be 55. the idea is to have the music SOUND just as loud when you speed up by compensating for road noise, and turn down a tad when there is less noise outside. i hope that all makes sense. stric if ud like to send me the relevant code for this in just text format, im pretty sure id be able to manage to edit it properly. i cant edit the entire plugin, because frankly, i have no idea how. but i do have pretty good programming skills in a few languages, so im sure i could figure out the structure and edit accordingly. then you could remerge it. let me know what you think, thanks

Comment

Hi hari-bhari,
                              I agree with you that the way it works right now it is not very good. I will redesign it ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                              X