Traffic Plugin for Centrafuse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Plugin for Centrafuse?

Anyone working on a traffic plugin for CF? Something similar to the weather pllugin, but for traffic conditions would be a Godsend.
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

I was thinking about this. The problem is: every country would require it's own plugin, cause (as far as I know) there is no site that would have fresh info about traffic round the world.

Comment

http://www.traffic.com/offerings.htm...utm_medium=sem

Comment

US only... looking for more of a global solution...

I will be adding in RDS traffic, but of course that requires special GPS mouse and the use of the integrated navigation...

If someone knew of a global internet TMC traffic source, that would be amazing... I have yet to track one down, but if found I can not only work with Destinator to integrate it into navigation, but I could display the information in a weather style plugin as well...

david

Comment

I mainly use the CalTrans Traffic Google Earth overlay now, but before that I made a web-page that worked very well. This HTML downloads an image from Traffic 411. The image is transparent where ever there is land, allowing you to customize the land color as well as the web-page around it (unfortunatly you can not change the teal water color).

If Traffic 411 covers your area, you could easily make a nexus HTML page to make this look pretty good (in fact, maybe I'll do that ).
          Attached Files

Comment

Man... I suck at photoshop. JIT: Would you mind making me 2 graphics files (left and right) that have your background with five equally spaced buttons (no text) that fit in the "black-area" resolution in the picture above? It would take me like an hour to get your gradiant just right by stiching together cut-outs from other screen shots. That's all I really know how to do in PS.

Too bad there will still be that gray boarder. David: You have to get rid of all that junk

Comment

I will work on it....

That ROCKS!!

david

Comment

Your doing Nexus graphic requests now David? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post
                  US only... looking for more of a global solution...

I will be adding in RDS traffic, but of course that requires special GPS mouse and the use of the integrated navigation...

If someone knew of a global internet TMC traffic source, that would be amazing... I have yet to track one down, but if found I can not only work with Destinator to integrate it into navigation, but I could display the information in a weather style plugin as well...

david
                  Theres loads... do a search on my posts you'll find the info you need.

Thanks

Terran
                  My Project Site

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4 View Post
                    I don't think that's what he meant. But I don't know WHAT he meant!

So, RPM, are you planning on using the left/right graphics to embed in your own web page, and then display the HTML from within the browser?

Also, why not download the Nexus template I posted? It has all the elements you need.
                    2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Yeah, I know... my point was I didn't know what he meant.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking either... I use the html file as my home page. Therefore my WEB button in the CF main-menu takes me to a traffic map with 5 favorite links on each side. I just want to make the black background into the blue Nexus stripes and change the white buttons to blue Nexus buttons. When you click a left/right button it will just follow the link opening up the page in CFs browser (no additional embedding on my part).

I'll look at your template again, but I have had trouble with it before. I really have no graphical talent (only artistic vision).

Comment

I meant left/right BUTTONS (left right portions of the screen). But yes, I see what you want to achieve... you wantt o modify the HTML to include Nexus elements and make it seamless... give it a try with the template first. If that website had OHIO traffic, I would do it myself, but I have no motivation as it stands!
                        2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4 View Post
                          no... I meant the gray lines... and was complimenting your cool plugin, which I had not seen before...

david

Comment

I see... I was confused

I thought this was a new plugin, but it's just the web browser with nice touch screen html...

I got it now...

david

Comment

Originally posted by veetid View Post
                              I see... I was confused

I thought this was a new plugin, but it's just the web browser with nice touch screen html...

I got it now...

david
                              I don't know if that's possible yet, but wouldn't it be great to have the possibility to add a "web-plugin" of some sort. Meaning: you could add a button that takes you to a predefined page (for that button).

This way I'm sure a lot of people will come up with great ideas!

Just a thought...
                              List of front-ends/usefull apps
                              XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Working...
                              X