Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFMapPoint v0.83 release - please give it a try!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFMapPoint v0.83 release - please give it a try!

http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/CFMapPoint

v0.83 hopefully fixes a few more problems w/ MP2K4 and MP2K6 interop.
    I added MP2K4 specific dlls to the distribution.
    This may break MP2K6.
    Please give this a try on fresh machines with MP2K4.
    Then please give this a try on fresh machines with MP2K6.
    Try to install CF and MP first, and *then* install CFMP.
    Try installing CF and CFMP first, and *then* MP.

Please let me know which combinations are still having problems.
    Please let me know if you find any work arounds by uninstalling and then reinstalling either MP or CFMP.

v0.83 also includes the following:
    * Fixed MapMoveTo a tad (still "pops" when zoomed in tight)
    * Fixed COM port reader (now resumes after hibernate or other error)
    * Fixed rounding error where GPS was off by many miles

Pv

Sorry paulpv, I have dying to try this out but when my CF 1.6 trial expired I couldn't delete it off of my computer so I could install RC3. Today I am going to completely erase my hardrive instal RC3, and then I will tell you if it works.

Thanks so much for your hard work! You rock!

Comment

I can confirm that it does work! Thanks so much paulpv!

Comment

Originally posted by black06stang View Post
        I can confirm that it does work! Thanks so much paulpv!
        You were supposed to tell us which combination you used

Install order and MapPoint version.
        /SOS/
        XP Pro, CF 2.0-newest| Pioneer HU with 7" flip-out (EQ, Surround)
        Epia V10000 + nVidia FX5200, Opus 150w, 7" Lilliput, DVD* SlotIn, Wavelan, Bluetooth, GPS, WebCams, DVB-T

Comment

Worked for me

Windows Xp Pro SP2, Centrafuse Beta, MapPoint 2K4 & 2K6
          Evereything worked except the Nav Menu

Comment

so it works for mappoint, but i am betting it doesnt work for s/t... does it? (2k6)
            2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

I was using Mappoint 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by SOS View Post
                Install order and MapPoint version.
                Originally (months ago) I went with MapPoint 2006 first, then CF then CFMapPoint Plugin and it fired right up.

Since then, I've re-installed CF through the beta/RC cycle numerous times and haven't had to touch MP (or the plugin). When I move to a new version of CF, I just drag & drop the CFPlugin over to the new CF folder and continue on without even having to reconfigure.
                :: Mark

Comment

Hey, I'm brand new to the scene, but...

I installed centrafuse rc4.2 and cfmappoint then I installed Mappoint 2006 North America. I added the mappoint button to CF, and clicked it. But when I click it, it says

"MapPoint North America can't run because it is not registered on your system, or it can't be found. Install MapPoint North America and try again."

Anyone have a solution for this?

Comment

Originally posted by marshes View Post
                    Hey, I'm brand new to the scene, but...

I installed centrafuse rc4.2 and cfmappoint then I installed Mappoint 2006 North America. I added the mappoint button to CF, and clicked it. But when I click it, it says

"MapPoint North America can't run because it is not registered on your system, or it can't be found. Install MapPoint North America and try again."

Anyone have a solution for this?
                    Does Mappoint run on it's own? If so, then I had this problem first time out - try re-installing CFMapPoint.

Comment

Yes it does. Mappoint 2k6 works fine. I did not install active sync, (for palm or protablepc) or intigration with microsoft office products. Both CF, CFmappoint and Mappoint installed to default directories. I have tried every install order possible. I think...

Any other ideas? I have reinstalled CFmappoint with no luck.

Comment

You don't need Activesync for this to work, and the directories don't make a difference (I'm installed non-default), but you might need the MSO stuff. I'm trying to remember...

The underlying cause is that CFMP can't find a certain file that it needs in order to launch MP. The "registration" comment isn't about a "license" type registration, it's a reference to MP not "registering" with Windows so that other modules can find it. CFMP doesn't look in a specific spot for the module, it asks Windows where it is. This is the "registration" thing, and that leads me to think that CFMP is depending on the MSO module.

Paul (the CFMP developer) isn't around a lot right now... And I can't help much more than trying to remember what I did.

I did just go through building a new system from the ground up and it's working fine. I'm pretty sure I did CF, then MP taking all defaults 'cept for the target directory, then CFMP.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try the microsoft integration thing tonight and get back on the results for anyone else who might have this same problem.

Comment

Tried reinstalling MP 2k6 with microsoft integration, and reinstalled CFMapPoint, but it still does not work.

Will try it on my M10k, and notebook harddrive when it gets here in the next week or two.

Comment

Wow.. bummer. Umm, I'm kinda out of of ideas. My truck's in the shop for a valve job so I can't go look at the install. I'll try it all here on my desktop in a bit and see if I can figure anything out.

Comment

Working...
                              X