X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin development & CF RC3 Nightmare

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I am a reasonable capable c# developer and have been trying to get a simple plugin going for use in CF.

I am finding it very hard to make sense of the examples. I have made some progress modifying the weather plugin, by removing all the weather related code, but its not working exactly as i hoped.

It seems to me Very difficult to debug plugins. Often I keep getting in to a state where CF simply doesnt load it. Nothing shows up in the list and nothign is in the error.log.

How am I ment to know what is wrong?

Is there any way for developes to step throug the code in debug mode? (I presume not)

Can anyone help me out? Im looking for a pretty shell like C# Plugin that I can start building on. Right now I seem to be spending more time getting confusing errors and inconsistancies rather than making any progress with the development.

Cheers for any and all help people can give me!

James

Originally posted by jrossell View Post
    Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I am a reasonable capable c# developer and have been trying to get a simple plugin going for use in CF.

I am finding it very hard to make sense of the examples. I have made some progress modifying the weather plugin, by removing all the weather related code, but its not working exactly as i hoped.

It seems to me Very difficult to debug plugins. Often I keep getting in to a state where CF simply doesnt load it. Nothing shows up in the list and nothign is in the error.log.

How am I ment to know what is wrong?

Is there any way for developes to step throug the code in debug mode? (I presume not)

Can anyone help me out? Im looking for a pretty shell like C# Plugin that I can start building on. Right now I seem to be spending more time getting confusing errors and inconsistancies rather than making any progress with the development.

Cheers for any and all help people can give me!

James
    You can write to the error.log as you step through your application or simply use Trace.WriteLine and attach a tracer to Centrafuse to see real time output...

I plan to include a hello world example and include VB .NET examples as well, just not their yet...

david

Comment

Okie Cheers.

I will give the tracer a go.

Its just frustrating not knowing why it isnt working or why it isnt loading.

I'm used to developing in an enviroment where i'm in controll of all the code.

Cheers,

James

Comment

Working...
      X