Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conncected/disconnected EVENTS?

David,

Does the API provide means to detect CONNECTED and DICONNECTED events?

Say for example, if I want to write a plugin to manage syncronization of files between my home PC and my CarPC (similar to EZSync, but integrated within CF), would there be anything in the API that would allow me to trigger a sync upon successful connection to TCP/IP (whether wireless, LAN, or whatever).

I guess in short I'm asking if there are events in there that would help me detect this.
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

yep... they are both there and shown being used in the weather plugin example included with the SDK...

david

Comment

Awesome. I might have to learn a little .NET to code some cool plugins for CF. I have the graphic/skinning skills, and have some cool ideas... just not a lot of time to learn .NET. (but I have coded in other OO languages...) We'll see.
      2002 Honda CR-V
      Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
      Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
      ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
        Awesome. I might have to learn a little .NET to code some cool plugins for CF. I have the graphic/skinning skills, and have some cool ideas... just not a lot of time to learn .NET. (but I have coded in other OO languages...) We'll see.
        If you have worked with other oo languages you should not have much trouble, if you know java or c++; c# is pretty natural.

I tried rewriting the the weather example into vb yesterday to make a vb.net example availible but i hit some snags, will not have more time to play with it unfortunatly for a while. I was able to make some progress in c# but I was slowed down absorbing the interaction with the xml skin and language files. Since you have already been skinnning that part should be pretty easy!
        My Install

Software:
        CFiG v1
        iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
        Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
        StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

Alti: I have made the weather plugin work in VB.NET, but I don't have it anymore...I do however have a "Test" plugin made with VB.NET if that would help you?
          Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrod
            Alti: I have made the weather plugin work in VB.NET, but I don't have it anymore...I do however have a "Test" plugin made with VB.NET if that would help you?
            ya, love to see what you have, I tried to convert all of davids code in the weather plugin and while i got it to build np but it is not running right. If you could email me the test app that would be awesome. (Brian at gormanly dot com)

When it is done i will share the code of the simple stopwatch plugin that i am going to put together as a first plugin project, that one may be in C# but i want to make a plugin for carshell which is written in VB.
            My Install

Software:
            CFiG v1
            iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

email sent
              Jarrod - Holden VX S!

Comment

thanks man I just got it working in c#
                My Install

Software:
                CFiG v1
                iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

In case its of any use to you I just sent you mine in C#, nothing special just stripped it down to nothing to see it work.
                  My Install

Software:
                  CFiG v1
                  iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

Working...
                  X