Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing the Media Library aand Creating Playlists

Hi,

I've been looking through the SDK to find if it is possible to get access to the media library and if it is possible to create playlists. I have also looked at existing plugins to see if this has been done before and I haven't found that either. Is it possible to create playlists or change what is playing in the media player? I have found the functionality to control the next and previous tracks, but I need to be able to give it a specific file or playlist to play.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The playlist format should be pretty easy to understand, you should be able to write your own playlist files and just write them to the playlist directory and they will show up...

All the information for the library can be retrieved getting data from the Access database main.dat, examples of querying an Access database are easy to find...

david

Comment

Thanks for your help!

Is it then possible to pass a newly generated playlist or single song to the media player to play immediately?

Comment

Originally posted by msjonker View Post
        Thanks for your help!

Is it then possible to pass a newly generated playlist or single song to the media player to play immediately?
        once your file was in the playlist directory you would simply go to the library, click playlists, pull up your list, highlight it and hit the big play button on the left...

it would then be in your HD playlist stack and play right away...

The only quick load playlist is you can load your favorites playlist by holding down the star icon for 2 seconds on the main media player screen...

david

Comment

So a plugin that utilized speech recognition to find the song you verbally selected and start playing immediately essentially would not be possible with Centrafuse?

Comment

So a plugin that utilized speech recognition to find the song you verbally selected and start playing immediately essentially would not be possible with Centrafuse?
            if you konw how to open an access database you can open main.dat file in your plugin and get access to the full library...

you can even check to make sure it's not in use, it generally won't be unless your browsing "My Library"...

you could do whatever you wanted with it...

david

Comment

But actually passing the file to be played to the Centrafuse media player is not possible, correct?

Comment

But actually passing the file to be played to the Centrafuse media player is not possible, correct?
                I don't have those functions in the SDK currently now that I went back and looked...

there is no load playlist function in the SDK basically....

not a bad idea, a method that takes an array of skinListBoxItems to populate and add an HDD playlist... the list items values of course would be filepaths and the text the display text...

I will look to add something like this to the SDK later....

david

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for looking into this. I really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                  X