Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two new skins...blue LED backlit + embossed

This is my first attempt at skinning...
    These aren't BRAND new skins, but rather modified CF skins. I added a blue under-glo to the buttons etc. on one set, and on the other set, added the under-glo AND embossed and drop-shadowed the button icons...this will work perfectly in my car, which has blue LED on all the illuminated switches

Some images of the non-embossed skin:

And a sample of the above skin "pushed down"

And here is the embossed set...

(For some reason, Photobucket adjusted the brightness...the file isn't like this)

...and the logo...

Haven't installed it yet, but I don't forsee any issues...
    I'll put it in the Carputer after X-mas...

If you want both versions, you can get 'em here
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12...ED_Backlit.rar

Hmmm...
    So I created this using the 'night skin' as my base. Problem is, during the day, Centrafuse is inserting display data in daylight mode according to the time, I'm assuming...
    And because of this, there is black text on dark background, making it impossible to see...
    How do you tell Centrafuse to only display in night mode?

Comment

i really like it do u think u could make it a red LED instead cause i got red neons on the inside of my truck, it owudl make perfectly.

Comment

I took me a LONG time to do this mod, but red can be done...
        Photoshop, select area, copy layer, apply custom made & saved outer glow, flatten layers, save...

Comment

I don't understand this...when I run my skins, and force Centrafuse to night mode, all the text that's overlayed is black, like daylight mode...
          But when running the normal Centrafuse skin, night mode, the text is white...
          Can this be changed somewhere? Anyone know why it's doing this?

Comment

Figured out how to change to font colour (on my own!)...
            Rearchived the embossed theme with the modified skins.xml so everything should now be visible...

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12...20Embossed.rar

Comment

Very few responses indeed

I like your skin, and will try it out in the car now.
              Cheers

Comment

I think I made this with the base package, before updating...
                I think some of the skins aren't done, i.e. XM, OBDII, email...
                But the base skins are done...

Comment

im sorry guys i dont mean to knock your abilities but is this really the best skinning we can do? Its the basic onyx skin with blue overlays... I mean idrive was cool it was different, but this is not. very nice looking but not really a change. anyway I made a skin but i cant post it because i stole the look from a road runner one... but i still made it and if i can do it other people can... look at all of the roadrunner skins and make a real skin... anyway thats just imo...

Comment

Originally posted by jmc1414 View Post
                    im sorry guys i dont mean to knock your abilities but is this really the best skinning we can do? Its the basic onyx skin with blue overlays... I mean idrive was cool it was different, but this is not. very nice looking but not really a change. anyway I made a skin but i cant post it because i stole the look from a road runner one... but i still made it and if i can do it other people can... look at all of the roadrunner skins and make a real skin... anyway thats just imo...
                    I only made this for myself, as I have a very strong blue theme running thru my car. I wasn't out to make the 'worlds best skin' for all to see! I can't imagine running anything else in my car, honestly...
                    My purpose wasn't to see how much I can 'change' the original skin. And doing what I did, actually took quite a bit of time and effort, thank you very much...
                    I decided to post it in case someone else wanted something similar.
                    You made your own skin...congrats
                    If you don't like your own skin, or other peoples skins, then I guess that's your perrogative!

Comment

@ Wungun: I appreciate the simplistic blue skin you are busy with, my setup is similar with blue theme throughout, so thanx a lot.

Some guys prefer something "drastic" which is their prerogative as you mention, but what you did here is pretty sweet.

Thanx.
                      F6 Tornado Project Log ; HP Blackbird Watercooled Server

Beta Tester for Centrafuse and 3dConnexion (No business affiliation with either)

Comment

Originally posted by mrbean_phillip View Post
                        @ Wungun: I appreciate the simplistic blue skin you are busy with, my setup is similar with blue theme throughout, so thanx a lot.

Some guys prefer something "drastic" which is their prerogative as you mention, but what you did here is pretty sweet.

Thanx.
                        Thanks...I'll have to go back thru it and get the skins I missed...
                        I was also thinking about changing the 'depressed' light blue colour to a darker blue...

Comment

yea maybe that was harsh... trying to maybe kick people in the *** so they start trying... no one seems to want to try.

Comment

I read over on the Flux forum that David is working on some transitions and animations for Centrafuse in the next major update...
                            Can't wait!

Comment

me too!

I use however the time and work on further Skins for Centrafuse V1.47/V1.48! I change only the Onyx WS-Skin in several colors and Manufacturer-Styles! Pictures coming soon.
                              My Project: German/English

Comment

Working...
                              X