Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a VW skin

Hey,
    Im looking for some sort of VW skin. anything will do, but if there was some sort of MK5 gti involved that would be amazing. Thanks guys!

-CodeWhite

Originally posted by CodeWhite View Post
    Hey,
    Im looking for some sort of VW skin. anything will do, but if there was some sort of MK5 gti involved that would be amazing. Thanks guys!

-CodeWhite
    Search for Mac-v2-Day
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

i could not find anything with that name
      2009 Volkswagon Tiguan
      Custom Built Carpc, Only way to go

Comment

Nor could i. still looking for a skin. thanks all!

Comment

might have to figure out how to make it my self. i would love to get it so it glows the blue and red to match the dash and a nice symbol.
          2009 Volkswagon Tiguan

Comment

I would be glad to help out. let me know what you need.

Comment

this is what the other guy was talking about:

I don't like it personally... I too am looking for a good Centrafuse VW skin. Something that incorporates the indigo and red perhaps.

edit its a roadrunner skin too
              COMPLETED! 02 VW Golf TDI 7" Eee PC Budget Build

Comment

i am still looking. i do not think i have the skill to make my own. oh well i guessi will use the standard one till CF3 comes out
                2009 Volkswagon Tiguan

Comment

i'm going to make an attempt at making one... i'll post any progress here.

let me know if anyone thinks they can help...

Comment

ok, after about an hour or so of messing around, here's what I've got so far:

I know its not a huge difference, but I think its a little better than before. I basically took onyx night, and added the aura buttons, then changed all the text to red. I added the VW logo as given in the logo thread except also in red. I will post some more screen shots if anyone's interested.

BTW, as an end goal, here is what the VW dash looks like at night if anyone wants to help out the effort:

Comment

looks good so far. maybe make the buttons the same blue as the dash and see how that looks.
                      2009 Volkswagon Tiguan

Comment

Originally posted by brianteel View Post
                        looks good so far. maybe make the buttons the same blue as the dash and see how that looks.
                        thanks for the support

I've found a better matching font called Riggle that is a little more soft around the edges and rounder to match the glow and shape of the stock buttons.

For the blue/indigo color, I think I am going to put it as the color for all the text that isn't red yet, like the time/date and some of the menu headings like "browse by" and "settings", then i'm going to add it to the center of most of the buttons that are now black while leaving the outer portion silver.

Any thoughts as to exactly which color blue will be the best match??? I may have to do some in-car testing before I get any further into it, because it will be much more work to change all the buttons than the font color.

Comment

oooh, do want!
                          If its not broke, try and fix it.
                          My First Carputer

Comment

update... changed the color of the menu from light blue to gray, as well as all text to red before I started playing with what should be blue... I think it will look best if the text on a black background is all red while the text on buttons with a silver background is blue, as in the menu button below. Also, changed VW logo to the blue and white one, and added ipod styled blue and white icons...

I think I'm about 75% of where I think I'll be satisfied with it.

Comment

nice
                              2009 Volkswagon Tiguan

Comment

Working...
                              X