Audi MMI Skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi MMI Skin

so here are some screenshots of my audi mmi skin, it's not finished yet so regard it as some kind of beta.
    the screenshots are scaled down to 66% and compressed to save space so the skin quality is better in reality.

i would appreciate some suggestions / opinions
    Attached Files

Good job. Try to move the texts towards the border of the oval... against the 'brackets'. Look at the 'tools' screenshot to see what I mean...
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Looking nice and dark (which is a good thing :-) ). The text in the tool page, couldnīt that be adjusted to look adjusted?

Code:
        Test1    Test123
       Test13    Est32
         Test    tseT
      instead of

Code:
      Test1      Test123
      Test13       Est32
      Test          tseT
      /SOS/
      XP Pro, CF 2.0-newest| Pioneer HU with 7" flip-out (EQ, Surround)
      Epia V10000 + nVidia FX5200, Opus 150w, 7" Lilliput, DVD* SlotIn, Wavelan, Bluetooth, GPS, WebCams, DVB-T

Comment

I love this skin!!!

Comment

i know the button labels on the tools page look a bit misplaced, i've tried a few things already but didn't find a good solution. at the moment the labels are centered on the buttons wich can't be seen clearly cuase of the "open end" in the middle.
          thanks for your ideas i'll try to improve the label position.

Edit:
          here is a new version of the tools page, i added a background to make the buttons a bit more obvious and moved the text to the middle, hope you like it.
          Attached Files

Comment

sweeet... i am using somethign similar with road runner.. audi mmi based skin

Comment

LOVE IT! I can't wait. Please keep us posted on your progress and release a beta when you think it is somewhat working right.

Edit: Hopfully it won't be too hard for me to change it to have a VR4 in the upper right with a Mitsubishi diamond in the upper left .

Edit2: On the tools layout, I think
              Code:
              this:            would look better than now:
              ...or maybe the titles aligned to the outside walls with the icons in the center.

Comment

Here is the first beta of the skin, everything should be working now though i can't check the cddb query cause i got no idea where it appears, tried to import a cd but didn't show up...

The sliders are still not scaled correctly when using the skin in native (800x480) resolution.
                When resized the button on-states are not presize enough to look as they are meant to.
                I left out the dim and the add favorite button, the phone and mixer buttons in the lower bar have no function, i kept them from cf 1.2 cause i want to move the mixer to this button again and use the main button of it for gps and phone support will be integrated again in 1.5 afaik.
                Oh and there is this hidden button somewhere erasing you hdd, nothing to worry about...

And yes, i will redisgn the osk keys...

@rpm_vr4: i like it better with the buttons beeing attached to the shape of the center frame, just take a look at the skin, maybe you can live with it

Here it is:
                Audi MMI Skin Beta

Comment

Kick ***!

Comment

Originally posted by predator1
                    Here is the first beta of the skin, everything should be working now though i can't check the cddb query cause i got no idea where it appears, tried to import a cd but didn't show up...

The sliders are still not scaled correctly when using the skin in native (800x480) resolution.
                    When resized the button on-states are not presize enough to look as they are meant to.
                    I left out the dim and the add favorite button, the phone and mixer buttons in the lower bar have no function, i kept them from cf 1.2 cause i want to move the mixer to this button again and use the main button of it for gps and phone support will be integrated again in 1.5 afaik.
                    Oh and there is this hidden button somewhere erasing you hdd, nothing to worry about...

And yes, i will redisgn the osk keys...

@rpm_vr4: i like it better with the buttons beeing attached to the shape of the center frame, just take a look at the skin, maybe you can live with it

Here it is:
                    Audi MMI Skin Beta
                    that cddb dialog rarely comes up... It is shown when you insert a disc that freeDB has multiple entries for... I added it just to follow freeDB standards, but again it's rarely, if ever, seen...

david

Comment

I tried the skin, and really got lost! Maybe I'm too used to the original format. I will try it for a while just out of curiosity!
                      2002 Honda CR-V
                      Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                      Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                      ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

Looks really good. I like it, great for a night skin. I'm gonna have to try it out.
                        You know what would look really good? If you made the text to match the red color of the interior lights of Audi, then it would be a perfect match. This way if would look like the climate controls or the radio.
                        Just a suggestion.
                        Installed
                        Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                        512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                        Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                        [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

DAB and DVD would fit perfectly if only you could write them vertically. I take it the skin.xml file does not allow you to do that?

I agree with Quarreo the you could make some of the white text red. It would also be cool to add the gradiant effect to the buttons in media view just like you have on the tools menu. Last nit-pick: The embedded window size got a lot smaller and more square . That's totally going to mess up my SKINbedder settings LOL.

Anyway, those are just some suggestions. Great Job! It's the first totally reorganized skin and it looks and works great.

Comment

The font seems to be off on my home computer, but it worked fine on my work computer. I hope it works in the car. (See screen-shot of iG SKINbedded)
                            Attached Files

Comment

i thought about using red as down-state font color, maybe i will add this...

vertical font is not possible, i just changed the button order and labels, if necessary, in the cf config file to make them fit.

@rpm_vr4: obviously you don't have the agency fb font, i thought everybody got it from cf 1.2... with arial the labels don't fit anymore, i added the font to the skin package now.

Comment

Working...
                              X