• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• come and get it. BRUSHED ALUMINUM for Centrafuse 1.4

Come and get your day skin
    Attached Files
    Brushed Metal for Centrafuse 1.4
    Brushed Aluminum for Centrafuse 1.4

xenarc 700ts | via epia-m10k | audigy2 nx | holux gm-210 | usb wifi | 40gb 2.5" | slot-load dvd-cdrw | morex 3688 | opus 150w | centrafuse, iguidance

this is it.

get it HERE

*** ALSO UPDATED ALL FILES TO 96 DPI, which is what the original skin of centrafuse is. This fixes all re-scaling problems for people running resolutions other than the default (848x480)
    *** UPDATED TO INCLUDE BRUSHED ALUMINUM IN EXTERNAL APPS. KEYBOARD AND CLOSE TEXT SHOULD BE READABLE NOW.

thanks for the host, silencery

xenarc 700ts | via epia-m10k | audigy2 nx | holux gm-210 | usb wifi | 40gb 2.5" | slot-load dvd-cdrw | morex 3688 | opus 150w | centrafuse, iguidance

Comment

You 'da man yo! Nice work, and quick too .

Comment

Comment

Here are the AudioArt and VideoArt icons I use in case anyone else out there hates the default. I will probably replace the black border with silver for the Aluminum skin though. I also attached my Mitsubishi Logo.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey, I just tried to use this skin at work and I got a .NET error. Then I tried using the metal skin at work and it caused a .NET error too. I copied the metal skin directly from my Car HDD and it has been working fine in the Car and at Home. Do you have any clue why my work PC hates your skins?

Comment

maybe you could try to update and/or reinstall your microsoft .net framework. my guess is it has to do something with xml file.

or maybe because the skin wants to be in a car, not at work

Comment

Originally posted by RPM_VR4
                Hey, I just tried to use this skin at work and I got a .NET error. Then I tried using the metal skin at work and it caused a .NET error too. I copied the metal skin directly from my Car HDD and it has been working fine in the Car and at Home. Do you have any clue why my work PC hates your skins?
                what does the .NET error say?

david

Comment

CF won't start anymore (I know I can fix it by changing the skin= in the settings XML file, but I haven't done that yet). Here's the current sterup error:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok... I set it back to "Blue Ice WS" in the config.xml and it loads up now. When I change the skin through the UI and click save, overwrite, I get a .NET error about file-not-found loading.jpg. It is right, that file is not in the metal skins. It works fine on my other 2 PCs though???

Comment

overwrite the exe with one that works from your other two PC's... if it is looking for loading.jpg, then somehow it's the old 1.3 exe... not sure how, but it has to be...

that wouldn't make sense why the blue ice works... the blue ice skin on the same machine has no loading.jpg does it?

david

Comment

Yes it does . I think I forgot to uninstall 1.3 on my work machine before installing 1.4, but it was working perfectly with the default skin.

Comment

*** Updated ***

Added Brushed Aluminum To External Apps Screens. Keyboard And Close Text Should Be Readable Now.

Download New Link As Necessary.

Comment

Awwwwe... you updated and you didn't want to include my new Art icons . J/K... but the skin really does deserve better than the default blue-on-white which doesn't seem to fit at all. Maybe other are not as sensitive because they actually have real art. All mine is in the ID3 tags so I'm out of luck until a CF update.

(David: I'm not requesting ID3 art for the next release... I consider it a low priority. I'm just expecting it sometime before 2.0 final )

Comment

***FINAL UPDATE***

Re-saved all images to 96 dpi, as some saves i have done were on 72 dpi, which caused scaling problems since there were inconsistensies on files saved on different resolutions (96dpi and 72dpi)

Skin should now behave like the original on centrafuse.

Comment

Working...
                              X