Navigation apps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation apps

Hi Clockwork just wondering if you ever completed the Co-Pilot, Garmin embed in Driveline. I know you said you had the OSK working. Going to setup everything up on the test unit today. SNO

Ok Copilot is working good but it seems to go full screen and not show your exit and osk buttons on right side, copilots osk works fine though and can exit via copilots quit command. when I exit any app it shows a blank screen where app was til I click main panel bar. will try Igo8 and Garmin shortly. SNO

Comment

iGO 8 is giving "Program application database cannot be found" and still goes to blank box when exit from navi apps SNO

Comment

Streets and Trips works perfectly osk and x buttons on right side. seems to hide at first but comes to front shortly there after SNO

Comment

Streets and trips 2009, CoPilot Live v8 Laptop, Mappoint 2011 all work perfectly now. Still same problem with iGO 8. I think you will need to look at that problem if you get a chance SNO

Comment

Garmin Mobile PC embeds fine and works with garmin's dongle. Just a little off in placement in window, but can be moved to correct position. SNO

Comment

Did GMPC actually embed, or did you set it to stay on the desktop? From memory, I thought that one didn't want to embed, and was better to leave on the desktop.

Can you send me the paths to the EXEs (like "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips\Streets.exe") and any special options you had to set? I will add these paths to the default Settings file provided with the program. That way, if the user has one of these installed, they won't have to do any setup to get it embedded.

Comment

Yes it embedded fine here are my settings for apps http://twintower.homeip.net/dlsettings.txt these are default installations and some apps are not needed like satamp and mobius SNO

Comment

Going to install Sygic tonight, will keep you posted with results. SNO

Comment

Also garmin works fine using bu-353 usb dongle as well as using the garmin x20. SNO

Comment

edit your sys.txt

Originally posted by SNOtwistR View Post
                      iGO 8 is giving "Program application database cannot be found" and still goes to blank box when exit from navi apps SNO
                      SnowtwistR,just in case your iGo8 still give you those error message, open your sys.txt with notepad.
                      Then probably you will see some lines similar to this:
                      [folders]
                      app="My storage/Program Files/iGo8"
                      it tells the program the path to the folder where your iGO8, is located or found.
                      Just edit to where it should be,also can be added things like
                      content="/my storage/program files/iGO8/CONTENT"
                      map .....etc,etc to be spesific.
                      But i forgot it is either "/" or "\" , i no longer have it.
                      Hope you already fix it before this though.

Comment

Hey thanks for the tip I will give it a try later tonight SNO

Comment

Microsoft Streets and Trips 2013 and Mappoint 2013 working fine in embed window. Still need to get iGO8 working correctly and some time to try out Sygic. SNO

Comment

where were you able to get a copy of the Garmin software? I have not been able to find a working link for it. MapFactor (which I have been using) is terrible and I would like a replacement.
                            "It's not worth having if you can't customize it"

Comment

Check your mesages Duncanator24 maybe I can help SNO

Comment

Working...
                              X