Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little tease about whats coming to Driveline!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little tease about whats coming to Driveline!

Just thought I would post a little teaser about what's instore for Driveline in the near future. Clockwork is working very hard at getting some radio action going in Driveline and making amazing progress so far! We will be needing some testers with either HD or XM or BOTH. If your interested please reply to this post and testers will be notified when testing will begin.
    SNO
    Click image for larger version

Name:	radios_ui.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	2309360

Wow no takers out there or no one using Driveline. Well I can tell you the radio side is progressing very quickly. It is working perfectly with Directed/Visteon HD radio. If anyone wants to try it out, as I can't test out the HD channels only standard am/fm. The help would be great. SNO

Comment

HD Radio is just about perfect right now. Just got HD3 working.

I didn't see this documented anywhere:

The MultiCast value (in responses such as Artist, Title, and CurrMultiCast) is NOT an integer. It's a bitfield. It just happens to work like an integer for HD1 and HD2. HD3 is represented with a 4 (00000100). So, a 1 in the corresponding bit position.

And the MultiCast Count is also a bitfield, where 3 is represented as 00000111 (a 1 for each available multi-cast channel).
      Last edited by ClockWorK; 08-29-2012, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Man I am jealous We can't get the extra HD channels in Canada. But I am just soo happy we have am/fm in Driveline now.

Comment

The HD radio is working excellent, and now I think the XM module is getting powered up! Looking forward to a major version release very soon. SNO

Comment

The XM radio tests are underway, and working very well I might add. Great job so far Clockwork! SNO

Comment

Well XM is functioning very well now and also HD radio. We really could use a couple more testers, I would have thought there would be more community support here. It does not install anything on your system just run the exe and setup your ports. You can get the most current build here. Please help out. Thanks SNOhttp://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_DriveLine.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by SNOtwistR View Post
                Well XM is functioning very well now and also HD radio. We really could use a couple more testers, I would have thought there would be more community support here. It does not install anything on your system just run the exe and setup your ports. You can get the most current build here. Please help out. Thanks SNOhttp://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_DriveLine.aspx
                Tried it with my XMPCR. It won't hold the comm port value. This is on Win8, so there may be some compatibility issues. The XMPCR works fine with Centrafuse on the same machine. What's weird is that it will hold the comm port value for the GPS...that works just fine.

VegasGuy

Comment

Thanks! Vegasguy I had noticed that too, it seems that once the radio's have selected their ports they don't show at next look in settings, my radio still would work even after a restart. Clockwork has posted a new version that should address the issue. And don't forget how easy it is to update to the newer code. Again thanks for testing, I know your time is precious. SNO

Comment

Just tried the latest build. It holds the correct values, but I get a "000 Radio not Activated" message now in the first position on the list. The radio is activated and working correctly in CF, so still not quite there.

VegasGuy

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and trying the latest test-version. It's easy enough to make something work for a couple of users, but obviously the goal is for this to work for everyone. Out of curiosity, what baud setting are you using for the XM Radio COMM port? I think I had to specify 9600 on the XM unit.

The ironic thing is that I listened to XM Radio for hours yesterday through DriveLine. I think it's just one little kink in the initialization. It sounds like it connected to the unit, but then it missed the response from the "PowerUp" command (which determines if it's activated and then builds the channel list). Can you tell me if it listed the RadioID in the "not activated" text? My guess is that it did not.

(im at work right now, so I don't have everything in front of me).

Again, thanks. I appreciate you taking a look at this.

Comment

Originally posted by ClockWorK View Post
                        Thanks for the feedback and trying the latest test-version. It's easy enough to make something work for a couple of users, but obviously the goal is for this to work for everyone. Out of curiosity, what baud setting are you using for the XM Radio COMM port? I think I had to specify 9600 on the XM unit.

The ironic thing is that I listened to XM Radio for hours yesterday through DriveLine. I think it's just one little kink in the initialization. It sounds like it connected to the unit, but then it missed the response from the "PowerUp" command (which determines if it's activated and then builds the channel list). Can you tell me if it listed the RadioID in the "not activated" text? My guess is that it did not.

(im at work right now, so I don't have everything in front of me).

Again, thanks. I appreciate you taking a look at this.
                        Yea, I'm remoting in from the office myself. The baud rate is set to 9600 (which is correct) and there is no RadioID in the list. Maybe throw a one or two second delay in there before you query the device? Anyway, nice work!

VegasGuy

Comment

I was trying to do it without hard-coded delays, and just relying on what comes back from the XM unit. I think what's really tripping me up is the one command that doesnt return a response.

Comment

I added some delays. Tested in Debug/IDE, and as compiled EXE. Both work. Takes a few seconds for audio to kick in and the station list to populate, but it works on the first try for me. Hopefully this initialization bug will get out of the way and the more exciting parts of the program can be worked on.

I don't just want to keep posting "hey try it now".. But...

Comment

Originally posted by ClockWorK View Post
                              I added some delays. Tested in Debug/IDE, and as compiled EXE. Both work. Takes a few seconds for audio to kick in and the station list to populate, but it works on the first try for me. Hopefully this initialization bug will get out of the way and the more exciting parts of the program can be worked on.

I don't just want to keep posting "hey try it now".. But...
                              Still "radio not activated". Ugh.

VegasGuy

Comment

Working...
                              X