What is needed for Driveline?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is needed for Driveline?

With Driveline nearing a major version release. What feature's are lacking fuctionality or missing from Driveline that you would like to see added. With that in mind, the weather app is being fixed and TPMS has started development phase based on the TPMS kit available from MP3car's store. It is getting very feature complete with the additions of HD,XM and Dab radio support. I personally would like to see a moviephone type app, traffic cams, fuel prices and gps overlay on dashcam. Maybe for v6 SNO

Driving around tonight I noticed that it would be nice to have the location map app auto rotate to go up with travel. It's hard with landmarks being on the opposite side compared to map. Love the auto-dim feature. Very enjoyable ride tonight using Driveline (current build) SNO

Comment

Hey Clockwork I made a mockup of what would be a nice feature to Driveline, excuse the bad cut and paste, but the idea is there. Adding the icon's might help with spacing on the XM page and will look good too! Is this do-able or too much work? Just a thought SNO Click image for larger version

Name:	mockupxmdl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	2284826

Comment

The balance between eye-candy and functionality is always a fine line to walk. But since I've been trying to make things a little prettier lately, I think this can be done without too much trouble.

Also, regarding your previous suggestion about a rotating map... It can be done. My problem right now is that the markers are part of the image. So the location markers would rotate as well. And if you were driving south, the text would be upside down.

Comment

The balance between eye-candy and functionality is always a fine line to walk
          Agree! That's why I asked if it was do-able Do you think you might be able to find a solution to the map rotation? Looking forward to next release. SNO

Comment

Long day... Our SAN crashed at work. 20+ virtual machines corrupted. Been here for 13 hours. And I'm a programmer -- not IT/Network.

Just felt like complaining about my life on the internet.

Comment

WOW that's alot of work even for an IT guy. Your young, 13 hours should be a piece of cake Now get back to programming Driveline! SNO

Comment

Hey SNO, what do you think of that new UI that I was testing with the folder icons?

Comment

I only had a quick test with new build, it did seem to hang on my d drive with all my music. Not sure if I gave it enough time to read the drive. I will have more time this weekend to give it a real test. I will let you know SNO

Comment

If you do, grab the latest from my site.

(still at work BTW)
                    Last edited by ClockWorK; 10-05-2012, 01:32 AM.

Comment

I will grab from website and give it a good test this long weekend. I hope you got to go home shortly after you made your last post at 2:30. SNO

Comment

This build scans the drive much faster and populates the icons nicely with the album art. I like the changes. SNO

Comment

Tonight I will upload a version with support for XM Radio icons.

Comment

Excellent, you got the eye candy bug Looking forward to it Thanks SNO

Comment

Here are the XM icons made to be the same size, if you downloaded the latest Driveline dated 10/12/2012 then just copy these png's to xmradioimages folder, overwriting all files. SNO http://twintower.homeip.net/new_XM_icons.rar

Comment

Working...
                              X