Your location on a map based platform

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location on a map based platform

I thought this would be better instead of the new version page. I already have the server side handled. It's what I do. I also have an open source add-on that would post location on the web page. If you could incorporate it into DL and peeps have internet access it uses very small udp packets or tcp. If this is something peeps would be interested in. I am always looking for more avenue's to track asset's. This could also transfer the obdII data and populated the database column's. SNO

It could also be used to find your car if it was stolen. The server is setup for email alerts, so if you lent your car out you could get speed alerts or know where they went, how many stop's. Geo-fencing is also built-in. And with obdII data it would also do fuel stats. Provided the carpc is running. Maybe insurance discount with DL installed. SNO
    Last edited by SNOtwistR; 10-31-2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

This is 1 of my clients on 1 of my platforms. This client has 50 trucks with 52 reefered trailers. The trucks all have an 11.6" eXoPC dual core atom 2gig ram 64 gig ssd win7 on a ram mount and using the ram 6port hub with bu-353 as well as mustek scan 40+. The trucks are using a gsm/iridium/gps modem and the trailers are using an enfora gsm/gps only modem. Dispatch has complete 2 way communication with drivers and drivers can send back scanned documents when needed. here is a pic of the platform. SNO Click image for larger version

Name:	platform2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	2284905

Comment

Yeah, that is along the lines of what I was thinking.

Comment

Here are some pics of the platform I would use for DL, If you incorporate into DL I would supply 1 client and 1 login for free so it can report and someone can see it. If more are needed then we can work something out. This would be an ideal solution since the server side is already up and running. It would just be the client side that needs to be added. It's very simple in design. Click image for larger version

Name:	platform3.jpg
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	2284906

This pic shows the vehicle movement and route

Click image for larger version

Name:	platform4.jpg
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	2284907

Comment

Let's see if anybody chimes in to say "hey this sounds cool". If there is adequate interest, I will look into adding this functionality. I assume posting the info to your site pretty straight-forward.

Comment

Yes it is just a ip and port and an id. The benefit of using this platform is that it based on the opengts platform which is open source, so if someone wants to take it to the next level and host their own server it can be done as well. I have the enterprise version which has a few more bells and whistles. It is one of the best platforms out there. SNO

Comment

Looks like I am on my own on this one, lots of views no replies. SNO

Comment

I think internet in the car just isn't common enough yet. And there are other things to be worked on as well.

Comment

No problem. My vehicle is always online and I have a separate modem for tracking. SNO

Comment

I'm along the lines of the internet not being too common either. But, couldn't you just log stuff locally and when a connection to the net can be made (or your server) then send and parse the logs. Might not be the absolute best way to go, but it reaches more of the users. Then again, is it for fleet stuff mostly, not sure how many here are tracking rigs around lol...
                      Current Worklog: TBA - '05 Rav4 (Mobo Dead).
                      www.rav4world.com - Forums for Rav4 owners
                      www.flavorfeasts.com - Cooking website/forums
                      -Basic forums live atm, come contribute!

Comment

I started something like this, and have a very basic tracking map on my server.

However at present I use GPSPort's site and my iDrive skin for RR uploads coords to that. (It can also do it to my server).

I did start off planning on doing it on my server with a view to also releasing the code so someone could host on their own servers, but then got side tracked with other projects.

Comment

Well the good thing is you don't need to have a fleet of rigs to use this, It could be for records or just for the wife to keep tab's on you. The good thing is that the server is already up and operational. It does not have to be just used for DL it could be used for any FE out there as long as someone makes the client side for each FE. OpenGTS is open source and is java based. SNO http://www.opengts.org

Comment

Working...
                          X