HD Radio RDS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Radio RDS

Hey Clockwork did you do some work on RDS? Today I was in Toronto and happened to scan the radio station and much to my surprise I saw some extra data. Normally I just see station number, or did I happen to pick up a HD station? SNO
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rds_working.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	2310004

HD Radio on Canada

Due to high humidity causing a upper layer that the radio signal is bouncing off of (skip), your picking up CING in Hamilton, They do broadcast in HD.

see - http://www.radiowest.ca/forum/viewto...p?f=14&t=12249

Comment

Thanks TheMadTinker I looked on 953's website and it say's nothing about HD, but I could hear the difference in sound quality and that web link explains it We have HD in Canada finally, just hope it's not too little too late. SNO

Comment

I will investigate the RDS functionality within DriveLine this week.

Comment

It is only the FM side of the RDS then as I clearly get HD info. FM I only get station number on station's I know that broadcast RDS, if that helps SNO

Comment

The latest build dated 07012013 is working fine and has solved the fm rds issue thanks for your fast service as always SNO

Comment

Lot's of info now on FM. Went for a good 3 hour drive Driveline ran perfect! I even grabbed that HD station again, what a difference in sound quality. I can only hope more station's get on the bandwagon. SNO

Comment

We have 59 HD stations in the SF Bay Area, and I can pickup most of them, but 30 are in Spanish only, a few in other languages, and about 20 in English. Of those we have mostly Hip-Hop, and 70's Rock Oldies.

I have 2 of the Directed HD radio's though, so I must like HD!

Comment

Hey rray, not sure if you noticed, but I added a feature based on your suggestion. When you start DriveLine, the volume will fade from zero up to it's specified level over a period of time. This way, instead of just coming on super loud when you start the car, the driver will have a chance to turn down the volume if necessary.

Comment

Working...
                  X