Question about phone app functionality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about phone app functionality

Will the phone app work with anything other than bluesoleil?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately no, the other bluetooth stacks are missing something that is needed from what I understand. I know bluetooth phone support sucks with all front-ends. SNO

Comment

that's a shame. Guess I'll have to forget about this function then

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Blue Soleil is the only bluetooth stack that supports audio for phone calls (and music as far as i can tell).

Comment

Sorry for bringing this up but . my htc has the ability to use an external bluetooth device as a system sounds receiver or only phonecall sound . If i choose the second option will i hear my phonecalls in the driveline using the windows xp default bluetooth program ? If so do you know what kind of bluetooth service do i have to set on the xp .

Something else . I have some days now a mini pci-x to usb adapter ( it is actually a card ) . Anyway this adapter has a sim slot too. Can i use this kind of physical devices ( usb 3g modems ) to integrate them into driveline ?
          Vw Sharan 2007 1.9tdi || Exide 100Ah
          Fuzzy 945gme + core duo T2400 + 2gb ddr 667 + pci nvidia 5500 256mb + kingston v300 60gb + hdd 2.5" 100gb 5400 + Sure Gps module
          Primary monitor 8" 800x600 || Secondary monitor 15.4" 1280x800
          Powered by M2 atx

Comment

For DriveLine to have any control over your phone, you need to use BlueSoleil. I know, it sucks.

DriveLine doesn't have any code regarding SIM cards, or USB modems. Basically, if your internet connection works in Windows, it works in DriveLine. So you'll need to set up your SIM card or 3g modem outside of DriveLine. But I assume the setup will be a one-time thing.

I tether my CarPC directly to my Android phone over USB, and I'm online.

Comment

I use a wifi router thats made for 3g usb sticks, works great and gives wifi 200ft around my truck, when I get home it auto joins my home network. SNO

Comment

I can use the wifi hotspot or the USB tether on my android and it works either way.

Comment

If you have an Android phone and want to use a headset or external bluetooth speaker/mic, this is prolly a very good solution:
                  http://www.justremotephone.com/
                  It uses the stock Windows BT-stack and even has an SDK. I asked my friend about it and he said it should actually be very easily implemented into Car PC frontends. I tested it myself a bit and it very reliably connects the phone, even after resumes from standby.
                  I know many will want to get rid of this horrible piece of software called Bluesoleil.

Comment

quote :

Since Remote Phone Call doesn't route audio* for active calls to the PC, we recommend the use of a Bluetooth headset connected to your phone.

*Audio routing is in general not possible for apps on Android because of system limitations

Comment

Yeah, as I said, if you "want to use a headset or external bluetooth speaker/mic".

Even though I normally cant use 2 bluetooth devices connected to the phone at the same time, it works with this app. The headset also connects every time to the phone. Auto start if you activate bluetooth on the phone, etc, all works fine. MUCH MUCH more reliable than Bluesoleil. Even works over WiFi, if you dont have bluetooth.

I dont see a problem putting the headset on your ear when you want to call someone or are called. The much bigger problem is the PC muting/resuming and being able to dial from the PC or access contacts. But this app allows such functionality.
                      Last edited by Gullimonster; 06-16-2014, 07:17 AM.

Comment

What hardware/software do I need to buy to get the BlueSoleil solution to "work"?

I see their dongles, but at $50 was hoping that isn't what is necessary....

Comment

A cheap China made mini BT dongle works well, but name brand BT dongles fall short of features for some reason. Intel brand BT/WIFI modules don't work at all with BlueSoleil.

Comment

IOgear model # gbu321 has pretty good success with blue solei and they are cheap too. SNO

Comment

Originally posted by rray View Post
                              A cheap China made mini BT dongle works well, but name brand BT dongles fall short of features for some reason. Intel brand BT/WIFI modules don't work at all with BlueSoleil.
                              Perfect. Being a NUC I had to buy a BT/Wifi and bought an Intel one.

Originally posted by SNOtwistR View Post
                              IOgear model # gbu321 has pretty good success with blue solei and they are cheap too. SNO
                              Awesome, WAY better than buying a $50 from Blue Solei which I thought I had to do. THANK YOU.

Comment

Working...
                              X