Keyboard hotkeys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard hotkeys

Is there a way for me to map particular keyboard buttons/hotkeys to particular functions within DriveLine (I.E. pressing F1 will increase volume, pressing F2 will decrease volume)?

I am trying to implement my BMW Ibus adapter via IbusComm so that I don't lose steering wheel button functionality.

Yes there is. There's a file called Skin_HotKeys.XML in the DefaultSkin folder. This file maps hotkeys to functions within DriveLine. If you let me know which keys you want to use for VolUp and VolDown, I will provide the XML for you to insert into that file.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks. I wanted to use the following keys:

Volume up = + key
      Volume down = - key
      Next = f8
      Previous = f7
      Mute/unmute = alt+m

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Some of these functions are already mapped.
        Next = Ctrl+RightArrow
        Prev = Ctrl+LeftArrow
        Home = Ctrl+Home
        Next Media Source = Ctrl+S (this cycles between WMP, XM, HD, and DAB)

You can change these existing hotkeys pretty easily by finding your desired keycodes using this table:
        http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.90%29.aspx

I'll send you some XML and a new test version in a little while. I'm working on the WMP double-click and some additional skin commands to make the hotkeys easier to program.

Also, F7 and F8 are currently reserved in DriveLine. F7 reloads the current skin, and F8 takes a screenshot. Sorry.
        Last edited by ClockWorK; 08-16-2013, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Your help is appreciated. Not really too fussed about which buttons I assign though really, so I dont have to use f7&8 for volume control

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Alright. Until I'm done with my changes, I recommend setting up your system to use the keys mentioned in my previous post for Next and Prev, and make sure those work for you. I'll be surprised if they don't, but it's worth testing.

Comment

I will set these key combinations in my IbusComm file and test. Thanks

Comment

Are these global hotkeys?
                So for example if youre in Firefox (cant embed it on a 7") you hit your hotkey and it will lower volume, play the next track etc?

Comment

Yes, the hotkeys are global.

Comment

I was looking all over for a pause button so I started to dig in the XML linked. Found the mute and realized it pauses

Brings me to a question. Are the EVENTACTION variables listed someplace?

Other rambles on the music player:
                    I tend to use the playlist screen as my viewer since I listen to mostly full albums but need to skip songs. A scroll wheel input would be nice for moving up and down menus. The other thing I go back and forth on is having the current song playing being highlighted in the playlist. Perhaps the best solution there is to have the playlist instead of the visualization?

Comment

For a list of variables, your best bet is to download the source-code. Open file "modDriveLine_Commands.vb" in notepad, and search for "%camera_isdashcamrunning%". That will take you to the list.

Scroll-wheel should work fine on lists. Make sure you've at least clicked on the list so windows knows what you're trying to scroll.
                      Also, there's a setting in DriveLine under Settings--Application--MouseWheel-Volume that you will need to set to False. When it is set to True, the mouse-wheel controls volume.

I think I see what you're saying about the playlist and visualization. I just don't see any way to fit the playlist (and required buttons) on the same screen as anything else.

Comment

Is there a way to hot key a full DL exit? Sort of like ALT File eXit or Close in other windows applications?

Comment

ALT+F4 should exit.

If it doesn't for some reason, yes, you can program a hotkey to close DriveLine by modifying the Skin_Hotkeys.XML file.

Comment

It works, that is how I close mine. Short press windows button, long press Alt+F4

Comment

Thanx that did it. Our setup is using a button board with 4 programmable windows function buttons. We use the buttons for volume up or down, closing programs, pause/play and stop
                              http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-HID-BUTT...-/121696775012. (It has no mic.)
                              The boards hardwired power button was reworked to just power the display on or off. PC shutdown is controlled by the M4-ATX power supply.

Comment

Working...
                              X