Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD infos .

Hi guys.

I am having hard time trying to get some infos. I have a chinsese obd2 cable to usb that works ok with an old vagcom program. Setting the com port to the driveline though i cant see any sign of obd2 infos.

i know that i am doing something wrong but i just don't know what.

Any help would be useeful.
    Vw Sharan 2007 1.9tdi || Exide 100Ah
    Fuzzy 945gme + core duo T2400 + 2gb ddr 667 + pci nvidia 5500 256mb + kingston v300 60gb + hdd 2.5" 100gb 5400 + Sure Gps module
    Primary monitor 8" 800x600 || Secondary monitor 15.4" 1280x800
    Powered by M2 atx

I'm not familiar with VAG COM, so I will need to do some research. However, make sure that the baud rate for the com port is set correctly. You may need to make sure that the baud rate is set correctly in DriveLine AND in Windows Device Manager.

Also, what year is your vehicle? Have you tried any generic OBD software?

Comment

Originally posted by ClockWorK View Post
      Also, what year is your vehicle? Have you tried any generic OBD software?
      No i didn't . I will look around to find sotmething

I'm not familiar with VAG COM, so I will need to do some research. However, make sure that the baud rate for the com port is set correctly. You may need to make sure that the baud rate is set correctly in DriveLine AND in Windows Device Manager.
      Both of them (driveline-pc) port is set to com3 with 9600. Bellow that there is something with refresh rate if i can remember. do i have to set this too ?
      Fuzzy 945gme + core duo T2400 + 2gb ddr 667 + pci nvidia 5500 256mb + kingston v300 60gb + hdd 2.5" 100gb 5400 + Sure Gps module
      Powered by M2 atx

Comment

VAGCOM and OBD2 are not the same thing.
        2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer - Bi-Fuel Gasoline/CNG
        Intel D945GCLF2 w/512MB RAM, CL Audigy w/KxProject, M2-ATX, Lilliput EBY701

Comment

I have both: vcds (vag-com) and odbii cables; they are not the same and cannot be used the same. maybe old vagcom cables can work with odbii softs but newer version only work with vcds soft. rosstech do say that you can install a virtual port driver (available on their website) to use their cable as a direct odbii device with other applications. I tried it and it does not work. so I use an odbii cable with driveline and a vcds (vagcom) cable with vcds. i'm planning to make an app to get just what what I want from vcds as it offers more measureblock than standard odbii.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Feet View Post
            No i didn't . I will look around to find sotmething

Both of them (driveline-pc) port is set to com3 with 9600. Bellow that there is something with refresh rate if i can remember. do i have to set this too ?
            No, you don't need to change the max refresh setting.

I figured that VAGCOM and OBD were not directly compatible. It sounds like hadaak knows more about VAGCOM. I would probably need to buy an Audi just to see what VAGCOM/VCDS is all about.

Comment

No, you don't need to change the max refresh setting.

I figured that VAGCOM and OBD were not directly compatible. It sounds like hadaak knows more about VAGCOM. I would probably need to buy an Audi just to see what VAGCOM/VCDS is all about.
              You could purchase a VW also.. :-)
              2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer - Bi-Fuel Gasoline/CNG
              Intel D945GCLF2 w/512MB RAM, CL Audigy w/KxProject, M2-ATX, Lilliput EBY701

Comment

The Transporter drove an Audi.

Does VW have any 300+ horsepower sedan? I need a car with balls.

Comment

Audi R8 420hp and used for around 100k SNO

Comment

that was some bad news ....!

Originally posted by hadaak View Post
                    i'm planning to make an app to get just what what I want from vcds as it offers more measureblock than standard odbii.
                    if you need any tester say so.