Error when opening Driveline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when opening Driveline

I have just installed a Tiny7 (tweaked Windows 7 32bit) clean install on my computer and have tried to get Driveline running on it, but keep getting a error and it wont open (see below).

Can anyone help sort this problem out? Am I missing any system files, etc to enable Driveline to work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	2311069

Is Windows Media Player installed? DriveLine requires it.

Comment

I've checked through windows and could not find media player. I have searched the internet and discovered that the creator of Tiny7 removed media player from the build for some reason. I have also found that there is no standalone installation for the player that can be added, so I am looking to see if there is another build version of Tiny7 with media player added or I'll have to try and install an alternative

Comment

You can try one of these or one of these

i am not sure but if you install cc player it has a windows player inside but check it before you do....
        Vw Sharan 2007 1.9tdi || Exide 100Ah
        Fuzzy 945gme + core duo T2400 + 2gb ddr 667 + pci nvidia 5500 256mb + kingston v300 60gb + hdd 2.5" 100gb 5400 + Sure Gps module
        Primary monitor 8" 800x600 || Secondary monitor 15.4" 1280x800
        Powered by M2 atx

Comment

Why do you need tinyXP? You are better off with full version. Hard drives are cheap enough these days not to have to worry about space and the savings you get from a tinyxp installation. Just my 2 cents SNO

Comment

Agreed. TinyXP / Tiny7 is not going to make anything run better. It will only cause headaches.

Comment

eXPerience's forum is down currently but they have tutorials on how to add this stuff back into the TinyX distros.

That being said... talks of pirating software aren't tolerated on the forum so please get a full, legit copy of Windows 7 installed, or you're essentially on your own in terms of software and frontend support. Any support request threads concerning pirate copies of any software should be closed, and I'll start closing them when I see them.

Just common courtesy really. Don't expect a software programmer to support some hacked up install of windows, unless they're the ones doing the hacking.
              Last edited by Tidder; 05-07-2014, 05:54 PM. Reason: grammar
              Tidder

Try RevFE
              The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post
                eXPerience's forum is down currently but they have tutorials on how to add this stuff back into the TinyX distros.

That being said... talks of pirating software aren't tolerated on the forum so please get a full, legit copy of Windows 7 installed, or you're essentially on your own in terms of software and frontend support. Any support request threads concerning pirate copies of any software should be closed, and I'll start closing them when I see them.

Just common courtesy really. Don't expect a software programmer to support some hacked up install of windows, unless they're the ones doing the hacking.

This is fully appreciated and I would not endorse the pirating of any software. What you need to take into consideration though is that when you pay for a legit Windows install you are actually paying for the license to use it on your computer and not the actual software. Once you have a disk you can install onto as many computers that you own, but you will need to purchase a licence for each computer to unlock it as genuine (otherwise if you owned 10 computers you would need to have 10 separate disks if you wanted to install the OS on each computer). So as long as you have a legit licence to use the software on each individual computer, all is good.

To answer ClockWork and Snotwister though, I was trying to use Tiny7 because it has been tweaked to massively reduce its footprint and make it much faster than the full blown Windows 7.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought you make the tinyxp-7 using your legit copy and their streamlining instructions of un-necessary services and apps and then you re-image and burn. Not sure where piracy came into the picture. SNO
                  Last edited by SNOtwistR; 05-07-2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by w9812341 View Post
                    This is fully appreciated and I would not endorse the pirating of any software. What you need to take into consideration though is that when you pay for a legit Windows install you are actually paying for the license to use it on your computer and not the actual software. Once you have a disk you can install onto as many computers that you own, but you will need to purchase a licence for each computer to unlock it as genuine (otherwise if you owned 10 computers you would need to have 10 separate disks if you wanted to install the OS on each computer). So as long as you have a legit licence to use the software on each individual computer, all is good.

To answer ClockWork and Snotwister though, I was trying to use Tiny7 because it has been tweaked to massively reduce its footprint and make it much faster than the full blown Windows 7.
                    Incorrect. Knowing fully how Tiny7 works, it's piracy, plain and simple. It doesn't require activation, it's based off of the "Ultimate" edition which I'd be very surprised if you had a legit license of. We don't condone piracy here no matter how you think you're justified in using it. Plain and simple. Really you've missed the point though. You're here with software that doesn't work because you're running some hacked up copy of windows and looking for help. That's the big issue I have with this thread, and the reason behind my initial post. It's not fair for developers to spend their time trying to figure out why your hacked up bastard of an OS doesn't work with their software.

Originally posted by SNOtwistR View Post
                    Correct me if I am wrong but I thought you make the tinyxp-7 using your legit copy and their streamlining instructions of un-necessary services and apps and then you re-image and burn. Not sure where piracy came into the picture. SNO
                    No, it's actually a distributed ISO typically shared via torrent. You can vLite and achieve very similar results, but it's just not quite as extensive as the illegal releases.
                    Last edited by Tidder; 05-07-2014, 10:37 PM.
                    Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

I stand corrected! I bought a technet membership and it included 10 installs per copy and included ultimate versions of everything. Well worth the money but the service has been discontinued but all my keys are still fine. Thanks for the info Tidder SNO

Comment

Originally posted by SNOtwistR View Post
                        I stand corrected! I bought a technet membership and it included 10 installs per copy and included ultimate versions of everything. Well worth the money but the service has been discontinued but all my keys are still fine. Thanks for the info Tidder SNO
                        Aww man, hook me up! Ayeee.... kidding. *Sigh* piracy jokes, a lost art.
                        Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post
                          Incorrect. Knowing fully how Tiny7 works, it's piracy, plain and simple. It doesn't require activation, it's based off of the "Ultimate" edition which I'd be very surprised if you had a legit license of. We don't condone piracy here no matter how you think you're justified in using it. Plain and simple. Really you've missed the point though. You're here with software that doesn't work because you're running some hacked up copy of windows and looking for help. That's the big issue I have with this thread, and the reason behind my initial post. It's not fair for developers to spend their time trying to figure out why your hacked up bastard of an OS doesn't work with their software.

No, it's actually a distributed ISO typically shared via torrent. You can vLite and achieve very similar results, but it's just not quite as extensive as the illegal releases.

Well I apologise if I have offended anyone with my question and I will just go back to my original idea of installing my full blown windows 7 disc. I think this thread can now be closed, but to comment on your remark about you being surprised if I had a legit licence of windows 7 - I actually previously had multiple licences to install the software which have now all been used, but you can still purchase licence keys from Microsoft, which is what I was intending on doing. Windows does not need to be activated straight away on install and you have a certain number of days to input a legit key to keep it running fully functioning. Even if a key had been input to try to fool the system, you can still change this for a legit one obtained from the proper channels.

I stand corrected on what I said about the purchasing of the physical disc then Tidder and if this is piracy then fair enough. I have not tried to justify this. Tiny7 will be binned.

Comment

Originally posted by w9812341 View Post
                            Well I apologise if I have offended anyone with my question and I will just go back to my original idea of installing my full blown windows 7 disc. I think this thread can now be closed, but to comment on your remark about you being surprised if I had a legit licence of windows 7 - I actually previously had multiple licences to install the software which have now all been used, but you can still purchase licence keys from Microsoft, which is what I was intending on doing. Windows does not need to be activated straight away on install and you have a certain number of days to input a legit key to keep it running fully functioning. Even if a key had been input to try to fool the system, you can still change this for a legit one obtained from the proper channels.

I stand corrected on what I said about the purchasing of the physical disc then Tidder and if this is piracy then fair enough. I have not tried to justify this. Tiny7 will be binned.
                            I know full well how normal Windows 7 licensing and activation works. I also know full well how Tiny7 works. You're side-stepping here concerning Tiny7 and just relaying how normal windows works. Tiny7 does not activate and license in any normal ways. I'm glad to hear you're going to trash it. You can achieve the same speed you think you're gaining from Tiny7 just by disabling windows 7 services you don't need. IMO that's probably where Tiny gets the most agressive and where the speed gains and small memory usage come from. Doing it yourself though, you'll know exactly what is missing and/or turned off.

You didn't offend anybody yet I don't think. I just didn't want it to get to that point so I interjected. I don't know how the developers of Driveline feel about this thread but by trying to imagine myself in the same situation I decided to act how I did. Regulate before I have to moderate.

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                            That's an Arrrrrrgh rated post.
                            Excellent.
                            Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

Working...
                            X